North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be useful to know roughly what the terms of OEC Ltd's contract are.

If it's like the one that you describe above then we would all know what to do to increase the income of OAFC Ltd.

Non of our business is it?

Knowing would help supporters to decide where they should have their pre/post game pints. If supping in the N stand bar only provides profit to OEC Ltd then some supporters may prefer their usual haunts. If it's a case of profit sharing on match days or profit sharing after a certain target has been met then that may persuade more supporters to do their drinking in the N Stand.

Knowing would help supporters to decide where they should have their pre/post game pints. If supping in the N stand bar only provides profit to OEC Ltd then some supporters may prefer their usual haunts. If it's a case of profit sharing on match days or profit sharing after a certain target has been met then that may persuade more supporters to do their drinking in the N Stand.

Bit of a strange concept doing in depth investigations into ownership and contractual arrangements in order to decide where to have a post match pint. Presumably full due diligence has already been done on ownership etc. of the "usual haunts".

Let's face it TTA have risked millions on OAFC over a long period of time. That is the big picture and there have been mistakes along the way. All business' should structure their affairs confidentially,in a tax efficient, risk averse way,so let's afford TTA the opportunity to do that within the law without all the snipping and intrusion.

Bit of a strange concept doing in depth investigations into ownership and contractual arrangements in order to decide where to have a post match pint. Presumably full due diligence has already been done on ownership etc. of the "usual haunts".

Let's face it TTA have risked millions on OAFC over a long period of time. That is the big picture and there have been mistakes along the way. All business' should structure their affairs confidentially,in a tax efficient, risk averse way,so let's afford TTA the opportunity to do that within the law without all the snipping and intrusion.

No sniping intended. TTA do have a right to make some returns from Latics after more or less righting off what the club owes them. Rather OEC Ltd and TTA making money from hospitality at Latics than another company with no connection to the club.

I doubt we will be informed whether or not any of the profits from the bar, 3 course meals etc will find there way into OAFC's books, however as has been pointed out by an earlier poster it will become clearer once the accounts pf the 2 companies are published next year.

No sniping intended. TTA do have a right to make some returns from Latics after more or less righting off what the club owes them. Rather OEC Ltd and TTA making money from hospitality at Latics than another company with no connection to the club.

I doubt we will be informed whether or not any of the profits from the bar, 3 course meals etc will find there way into OAFC's books, however as has been pointed out by an earlier poster it will become clearer once the accounts pf the 2 companies are published next year.

We do not need to wait 2 years, we will see with the managerial appointment in the very near future

I would have thought the OEC has been formed in order to control cost more than anything else......What better than giving the Corporate / Catering / Commercial Teams a clean slate to work off so they can control expenditure and clearly define whether it is profitable or not.

My belief is that the ST sales etc will go straight to the club. Exec Boxes, Matchday Income, Function room income etc will all go into the OEC and be offset against the 'cost to serve' (staff wages, cost of product etc) with ALL profits then going into the club.

Makes perfect sense - I have mentioned a couple of times that we need to ensure the stand is profitable and there was a danger that SC would get carried away with making an impression on people to the detriment of profitability....this way it hopefully wont happen.

To be clear this is what I think and not what I have been told! I just think some people are looking for a negative

I would have thought the OEC has been formed in order to control cost more than anything else......What better than giving the Corporate / Catering / Commercial Teams a clean slate to work off so they can control expenditure and clearly define whether it is profitable or not.

My belief is that the ST sales etc will go straight to the club. Exec Boxes, Matchday Income, Function room income etc will all go into the OEC and be offset against the 'cost to serve' (staff wages, cost of product etc) with ALL profits then going into the club.

Makes perfect sense - I have mentioned a couple of times that we need to ensure the stand is profitable and there was a danger that SC would get carried away with making an impression on people to the detriment of profitability....this way it hopefully wont happen.

To be clear this is what I think and not what I have been told! I just think some people are looking for a negative

So in other words you are speculating just as I am? Doesnt this seperate Company have direct implications on FFP though?

So in other words you are speculating just as I am? Doesnt this seperate Company have direct implications on FFP though?

EVERYONE is speculating surely? Nobody knows exactly what is going on.......Why would it have direct implications if the OEC is an offshoot of OAFC and puts the profit in?

If anything the OEC is stripping cost out of OAFC to improve the FFP? Or is that too 'Glass half full' for some on this forum?

Fecking acronyms they do my head in!!!

EVERYONE is speculating surely? Nobody knows exactly what is going on.......Why would it have direct implications if the OEC is an offshoot of OAFC and puts the profit in?

If anything the OEC is stripping cost out of OAFC to improve the FFP? Or is that too 'Glass half full' for some on this forum?

Fecking acronyms they do my head in!!!

OEC Ltd is not an offshoot of OAFC Ltd, it is an Associated Company not a Subsidiary!

I think that trying to tell us that OEC Ltd 'might' make OAFC Ltd more profitable or even improve us for FFP purposes is naive in the extreme.

OEC Ltd is not an offshoot of OAFC Ltd, it is an Associated Company not a Subsidiary!

I think that trying to tell us that OEC Ltd 'might' make OAFC Ltd more profitable or even improve us for FFP purposes is naive in the extreme.

Neil Joy confirmed that the new stand's commercial activities WILL contribute towards FFP.

He didn't elaborate though, so the split between OAFC and AN Others could be anything.

For God's sake, it doesn't matter. If everything was owned directly by the club Corney could just pay himself a £2 million salary or a huge divided if he wants to take money out.

It DOES matter in respect of FFP, he can choose to do that or not to do that, but this takes away the choice of spending it on players salaries

Neil Joy has said that profits of the stand will go into the club.......again direct question to you.....if (as it seems you wish) the stand was incorporated into OAFC and died on its arse it would have a negative effect on FFP correct?

This was allows more flexibilty and I for one chose to trust the people who brought us from the brink of existence and continued to steer us in the right direction.....if you don't then I think you sir are being naive.

These guys have supported the club through at least 1 if not 2 recessions and I see no reason for them not to continue doing so now.

Do you have trust issues in general or is it just where TTA are involved?

Neil Joy has said that profits of the stand will go into the club.......again direct question to you.....if (as it seems you wish) the stand was incorporated into OAFC and died on its arse it would have a negative effect on FFP correct? NO, IT SHOULD BUT IT DOESNT

This was allows more flexibilty and I for one chose to trust the people who brought us from the brink of existence and continued to steer us in the right direction.....if you don't then I think you sir are being naive. A VERY CHARITABLE AND EMOTIVE VIEWPOINT

These guys have supported the club through at least 1 if not 2 recessions and I see no reason for them not to continue doing so now. THESE PEOPLE INVESTED IN OAFC LTD AND HAVE MADE A SERIES OF BAD DECISIONS 2 OF THEM HAVING LEFT NOW BUT THE 1 LEFT RELIES ON THEM FOR INVESTMENT

Do you have trust issues in general or is it just where TTA are involved? I DEAL IN FACTS

You sir do not have a clue how businesses are set up nor why they are set up that way!

It doesnt matter how many times you call me a Glass Half Empty type, deal with the facts and they do not add up

Neil Joy has said that profits of the stand will go into the club.......again direct question to you.....if (as it seems you wish) the stand was incorporated into OAFC and died on its arse it would have a negative effect on FFP correct?

This was allows more flexibilty and I for one chose to trust the people who brought us from the brink of existence and continued to steer us in the right direction.....if you don't then I think you sir are being naive.

These guys have supported the club through at least 1 if not 2 recessions and I see no reason for them not to continue doing so now.

Do you have trust issues in general or is it just where TTA are involved?

Anyone who bought a business would do what they could do to support the value in their assets...unfortunately the value is in the land not the football club. The recession has prolonged their need to be interested in the footballing side of the business as without it they would have sank .This will ultimately mean we are the secondary motive. The whole reason TTA wanted to leave Boundary Park is the land is very valuable just off two major motorway networks.

Pictures from Saturday:

The Badge panel has been installed at the Rochdale Road End.

17371736215_2a4e0f4d7c_c.jpg

17369773132_db8fd0ebda_c.jpg

I'll continue to add pictures during the summer.

That's better - let's get this thread back to a North Stand picture fest!

The panels look nice....close up. But are invisible from a distance, which is a shame.

I believe the car park is starting any day now? First stage being the spreading out of that pile of rubble to even things up?

Archived