North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really struggle to understand this mindset. I go to watch my team, and would continue no matter which of the four stands I was in!

Maybe it's the straw that broke the camels back. Almost 20 years in the same league, the most boring list of potential managers we've ever seen and now being forced to move seats to a stand they've had no interest in using.

Maybe it's the straw that broke the camels back. Almost 20 years in the same league, the most boring list of potential managers we've ever seen and now being forced to move seats to a stand they've had no interest in using.

The straw that breaks the camels back usually sends you spiralling downwards, aka Chris Moore, who vowed to get us in the Premiership. During Corney's reign a couple of dozen clubs our size would happily change places.

Desiring something you cant afford is for dreamers or achievers. Ambition is self motivated and funded.

As far as Oldham Athletic are concerned I know what category I'm in.

I really struggle to understand this mindset. I go to watch my team, and would continue no matter which of the four stands I was in!

When Mr. Moisley did his consultation in the Chaddy, he should have spoken to all the season ticket holders who pay up front to sit in their, or contact them by post, before the decision was made. These are the people who matter most, as the club depends on them renewing. If they indicated that they didn't want to move they should have been asked why. Has he actually sat in the RRE on a Tuesday night, any time between November and March, with frozen rain blowing in his face? If he had he would soon decide that the RRE does not have better facilities than the Chaddy. Away fans only have to put up with it once a season.

Where do you get this idea that wind blows into the RRE and not the CRE? Not true. And at least in the RRE you can feel warmth when it's sunny. The Chaddy end is freezing even when it's lovely and sunny in the RRE!

Couldn't have put this better myself. Some of the garbage people are making up and the amatuer accountacy from people who clearly have no clue. 2+2=643.678

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone but some of the things I've been reading are more jackanory

To put it very simply in bookkeeping terms for you from where have we got £4.5M?

Couldn't have put this better myself. Some of the garbage people are making up and the amatuer accountacy from people who clearly have no clue. 2+2=643.678

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone but some of the things I've been reading are more jackanory

If the club ie SC or his spokesman/spokeswoman would step up and give the supporters an explanation of how the stand will make the club money and when, then we wouldn't need all this speculation.

One paragraph on the website would be enough.

To put it very simply in bookkeeping terms for you from where have we got £4.5M?

Sale of the Lancaster club for £5.5m to council on the condition that ground is redeveloped. How it filters through is another 'details' issue, but a starter and one covered before in this thread.

Sale of the Lancaster club for £5.5m to council on the condition that ground is redeveloped. How it filters through is another 'details' issue, but a starter and one covered before in this thread.

The stand is over budget so therefore, the 5.5 million would not cover it so where has the other money come from?

And also there is no clause mentioned on this article however, it does say securing the future which could be anything http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-14371880

OAFC Official Statement 13.1.2015:

Oldham Athletic Chairman, Simon Corney has issued the following message:

We have come through an extraordinary period in our Club’s history. There is no doubt that people’s relationships with the Club have been affected and a level of trust lost. For this, as Chairman, I take responsibility.

My commitment to the Club, its fans, staff and sponsors is total and my desire to ensure that the new North Stand development is completed remains as strong as ever.

We continue to face significant challenges but I am genuinely excited about the future prospects for our Club and the plans we have put in place to ensure its long term future without the need for further investment.

Of course, as I have always said, if a buyer for the Club comes forward who is able to take things on to another level then I will consider selling. That buyer has to be the right person and have the best interests of the Club at heart.

It is now time to draw a line under the events of recent weeks and move on. We have a Club to run and goals to achieve and the Board, staff and I are determined to see this great Club prosper.

Simon

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/personal-message-from-simon-2200815.aspx#B70FyjXIUvbal16v.99

The stand is over budget so therefore, the 5.5 million would not cover it so where has the other money come from?

Corney can be very vague with his numbers. £4m appears to have become £6m based on what I recall reading.

£700k council grant alone added to the £5.5m gets us over the line though.

Some of the earnings from player sales.

Some of the income from shirt and stadium sponsorship deals.

Advance income from tenants.

Additional investment from Gazal and Blitz.

You could argue that it isn't over budget anyway. The budget was amended to provide better facilities for tenants and supporters would be another way of looking at it.

The Lancaster Club land had to bought in the first place, so it doesn't leave the club with £5.5m. If my memory serves me correctly the sale of land around BP paid for it, and that was owned by Brass Banks.

The Lancaster Club land had to bought in the first place, so it doesn't leave the club with £5.5m. If my memory serves me correctly the sale of land around BP paid for it, and that was owned by Brass Banks.

It does if SC/TTA/Brassbank are prepared to invest the dosh into the stand. How would we know either way though?

ok I have too much time on my hands

off sick and cant get down to have a look

will someone please put out some new photos of this wonderful stand

I do realise I should grow up but if we all did that there wouldn't be any football

Someone needs to check their facts......I think you will find this particular tweet was regarding a Party Political Broadcast and nothing to do with the New Stand

If the club ie SC or his spokesman/spokeswoman would step up and give the supporters an explanation of how the stand will make the club money and when, then we wouldn't need all this speculation.

We DON'T need all this speculation.

Some choose to indulge in it for some reason.

Not sure whether this is common knowledge as I dont frequent this thread all that much, but regarding the "Supporters Bar"....

Will only open on matchdays initially, with a view to non-matchdays being made at a later date.

Open from around Noon til 6pm (unless there's a wedding reception booked for the evening of that game, which it will then close at full time).

400 capacity, with 100 of those being the Club members who are guaranteed access. If there's deemed to be 400 in the bar, it then becomes a first come first served, one out one in basis.

Live football shown throughout the day.

Not sure whether this is common knowledge as I dont frequent this thread all that much, but regarding the "Supporters Bar"....

Will only open on matchdays initially, with a view to non-matchdays being made at a later date.

Open from around Noon til 6pm (unless there's a wedding reception booked for the evening of that game, which it will then close at full time).

400 capacity, with 100 of those being the Club members who are guaranteed access. If there's deemed to be 400 in the bar, it then becomes a first come first served, one out one in basis.

Live football shown throughout the day.

All supporters are equal but some are more equal than others.

Archived