North Stand Construction Thread

That bar will be full by half 12 first home game we play I guarantee it.

1000 ST's sold already in the stand and the Bar only holds 500......oooops! Gotta feel for the club though I really get the impression they are taken aback by the demand and to be fair to them it couldnt really have been forecast

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1000 ST's sold already in the stand and the Bar only holds 500......oooops! Gotta feel for the club though I really get the impression they are taken aback by the demand and to be fair to them it couldnt really have been forecast

For those of us in the rest of the ground we will have a massive choice of seats. The north stand will be full fir the first 3-4 months then the novelty will wear off.

should be easier to get a pint in the mainstand now

That's just the 1895 bar.

Two concourse bars aswell plus, I think, the Broadway Suite.

That's just the 1895 bar.

Two concourse bars aswell plus, I think, the Broadway Suite.

Indeed. Plus lots who will still have a drink in their local, or not have a drink at all. There's no sense in which up to 400 people spending money at the club is a bad thing. Even a few coaches heading straight there on a Tuesday night could pull in a few thousand quid.

For those of us in the rest of the ground we will have a massive choice of seats. The north stand will be full fir the first 3-4 months then the novelty will wear off.

It's going to be great isn't it.

Pick your barmaid in the Greyhound or White Hart and then you don't have to sit within 20 yards of anyone in the RRE.

It's going to be great isn't it.

Pick your barmaid in the Greyhound or White Hart and then you don't have to sit within 20 yards of anyone in the RRE.

Surprising considering how good the facilities in the RRE.

The way people talked about them you all got a free massage and beer served by a Victorias secrets model at half time without having to move from your seat.

We will still run out of hot food by 3:15 in the sparsely populated main stand though.

You would hope so, I'm sure plenty would stick around for that game at least. Maximise potential I say.

Excellent news Oldham Athletic are using common sense and catering for their customers with it opening early and being able to go in after the game. Hopefully where I have my seat will be were the bar is

Indeed. Plus lots who will still have a drink in their local, or not have a drink at all. There's no sense in which up to 400 people spending money at the club is a bad thing. Even a few coaches heading straight there on a Tuesday night could pull in a few thousand quid.

Who will own the bars next season, OAFC Ltd or OEC Ltd and who will take the profit on matchdays?

OEC Ltd have paid for the fitting out of the venue and pay rent for it so I'm guessing the bars and profit from them like the profit from the matchday 3 course meals etc, is theirs.

I'm not knocking it, it's a good thing for Latics. It will attract more people into the ground and OEC Ltd's success will give OAFC Ltd leverage to increase the rent when it comes up for renewal.

But it's a shame that the club couldn't have afforded to do it all 'in house'.

I'm not so sure we should be giving access to away fans, if we can fill it with home fans that would be a better option.

I'm all for fans mixing but a couple of coach loads of drunken away fans could become quite intimidating with singing and everything and I can't imagine the local constabulary being to keen on the idea either.

Remember its our bar and is also a function room at other times....I just don't think it would be a good idea.

I'm not so sure we should be giving access to away fans, if we can fill it with home fans that would be a better option.

I'm all for fans mixing but a couple of coach loads of drunken away fans could become quite intimidating with singing and everything and I can't imagine the local constabulary being to keen on the idea either.

Remember its our bar and is also a function room at other times....I just don't think it would be a good idea.

Agreed. Its too small. Be annoying if I decide to come up early and its one in one out, with a load of away fans in there.

I suppose it depends on who we play, probably not a good idea to let Millwall or the local teams in, but I can't see and handful of Gillingham or Wallsall fans being a problem

With regards profit from bars/catering etc it's not uncommon for an outsourcing company to be given the profit upto a certain amount and then for there to be split there after I.e OEC takes the profit upto £100k for the year then anything above that is split 50/50 with OAFC. It really depends what contract is in place with OEC

It's all about maximising match-day income. In my experience it's the away fans who arrive up to three hours before kick-off and spend more than the home fans who pop in during the hour before kick-off. If home fans are prepared to arrive first and fill the bar, potential problems solved.

It's all about maximising match-day income. In my experience it's the away fans who arrive up to three hours before kick-off and spend more than the home fans who pop in during the hour before kick-off. If home fans are prepared to arrive first and fill the bar, potential problems solved.

Why does everything have to revolve around revenue?

Fans have been very patient waiting for these facilities to be built, look after them first.

Fans have been very patient waiting for these facilities to be built, look after them first.

The whole raison d'être of Latics revolves around revenue and, if more supporters won't attend matches, other ways of producing it have to be found. Hence the new stand and all that goes with it. The fans who have waited patiently now have the opportunity to pump into the bar enough revenue to ensure it is viable by restricting it to home fans. If they don't, away fans will be welcome.

At Crawley (observed by Mark Moisley) there was a 'happy hour' from 12:00pm to 1:00pm and more away fans than home fans took advantage of it.

The whole raison d'être of Latics revolves around revenue and, if more supporters won't attend matches, other ways of producing it have to be found. Hence the new stand and all that goes with it. The fans who have waited patiently now have the opportunity to pump into the bar enough revenue to ensure it is viable by restricting it to home fans. If they don't, away fans will be welcome.

At Crawley (observed by Mark Moisley) there was a 'happy hour' from 12:00pm to 1:00pm and more away fans than home fans took advantage of it.

I thought the main reason of being was the playing football matches bit.

Because that's the way you have to run a football club these days!

Archived