North Stand Construction Thread

Not at our level you don't.

Course you do...FFP says you do. No money/income = no spending on quality playing staff and so on!

Football is a business now end of. It's a shame it has gone that way but it has and we have to move with the times!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Course you do...FFP says you do. No money/income = no spending on quality playing staff and so on!

Football is a business now end of. It's a shame it has gone that way but it has and we have to move with the times!

You don't have to DO anything - stop paying ordinary players money that their abillity doesn't justify, develop your own instead and then you don't have to charge someone 22/50/90 quid to get in.

FFP will be a dead duck in the not too distant future anyway.

You don't have to DO anything - stop paying ordinary players money that their abillity doesn't justify, develop your own instead and then you don't have to charge someone 22/50/90 quid to get in.

FFP will be a dead duck in the not too distant future anyway.

Developing your own is perfect but they will still want paying their worth so I come/revenue is important. As long as the top is how it is the rest have to play ball. A good youth product at Latics will 9 times out of 10 be lured away by a higher club and £££ will influence that decision.

I as much as you wish this could work but unfortunately football is too far the way from this ever being able to happen in the future. Maybe a financial crash in the whole game is the only way this would happen now!

True, but think it is important not to lose sight of the fact that we are a community club (or at least should be)

Agreed but I can see a no win situation on the horizon with away fans... once initial novelty wears off if it was home fans only we may not fill it each week. But if we allow away fans in we may get a situation where it's full and there are some away fans in there and Oldham fans locked out. How do they guarantee that doesn't happen but also we maximise numbers in there every week?

Agreed but I can see a no win situation on the horizon with away fans... once initial novelty wears off if it was home fans only we may not fill it each week. But if we allow away fans in we may get a situation where it's full and there are some away fans in there and Oldham fans locked out. How do they guarantee that doesn't happen but also we maximise numbers in there every week?

It's a funny old world we live in where you're not the first person to moan about not being able to get in to a bar that doesn't even exist yet. :grin:

It has been said first come first served.

So if you want to get in, get there early, if not you run the risk.

Which benefits the club, ultimately.

There's a choice.

Don't try to maximise anything, just make it a nice place to go and enough home fans will be there.

Plenty of other pubs nearby, somewhere like Grey Mare might even appreciate being 'designated' as the 'away' boozer.

It's a funny old world we live in where you're not the first person to moan about not being able to get in to a bar that doesn't even exist yet. :grin:

It has been said first come first served.

So if you want to get in, get there early, if not you run the risk.

Which benefits the club, ultimately.

There's a choice.

Don't try to maximise anything, just make it a nice place to go and enough home fans will be there.

Plenty of other pubs nearby, somewhere like Grey Mare might even appreciate being 'designated' as the 'away' boozer.

Just to be clear, I'm not having a moan about this. Just pointing out an area of potential future moans!

Personally I'd be in favour of making it home fans only so it's never an issue. Then it's up to the club to make sure it's enticing enough to fill it every week.

With regards profit from bars/catering etc it's not uncommon for an outsourcing company to be given the profit upto a certain amount and then for there to be split there after I.e OEC takes the profit upto £100k for the year then anything above that is split 50/50 with OAFC. It really depends what contract is in place with OEC

It would be useful to know roughly what the terms of OEC Ltd's contract are.

If it's like the one that you describe above then we would all know what to do to increase the income of OAFC Ltd.

It would be useful to know roughly what the terms of OEC Ltd's contract are.

If it's like the one that you describe above then we would all know what to do to increase the income of OAFC Ltd.

Non of our business is it?

I bet the Police would rather have away fans in a bar at the ground rather than wandering about.

I bet the Police would rather have away fans in a bar at the ground rather than wandering about.

Think that's another reason for the relocation to the chaddy. Coaches pulling up on that side of the ground, the bar is right in front of them, food down at elk mill and then just walk to the chaddy. Fans in the main stand and the RRE won't see away fans wandering around

It's Oldham, not Everton Valley.

I bet they would rather there were never any away fans at all however it's nowt to do with them.

Non of our business is it?

The Trust is a shareholder in OAFC it wouldn't be an unreasonable request for them to ask the question.

If not then it would surely be declared in each of the accounts of OAFC and OEC at the end of the year either way people will find out at some point.

Regarding the new supporters bar well its just a case of suck it and see, I imagine it will be full every week to begin with then the novelty will wear off and some will go back to their local of choice for a pre and post match pint. If demand is there to fill it with Home fans every week then make it home fans only if not then let away fans in, If their is a particularly big away following make it home fans only. It will sort itself out in time.

Think that's another reason for the relocation to the chaddy. Coaches pulling up on that side of the ground, the bar is right in front of them, food down at elk mill and then just walk to the chaddy. Fans in the main stand and the RRE won't see away fans wandering around

They're fellow football fans not rabid, post apocalyptic killer zombies.

Millwall aside...

Apart from those who park in the car park. It does limit the issue of having home fans walking to their cars from the main stand mixing with away fans at the back of the RRE though.

It's a bit of a moot point, the decision to move home fans out of the Chaddy was not made on police advice, it was made after "consultation" with the fans.

Regarding the new supporters bar well its just a case of suck it and see, I imagine it will be full every week to begin with then the novelty will wear off and some will go back to their local of choice for a pre and post match pint.

Any news on the ale front?

The Trust is a shareholder in OAFC it wouldn't be an unreasonable request for them to ask the question.

If not then it would surely be declared in each of the accounts of OAFC and OEC at the end of the year either way people will find out at some point.

1029_zpsa88daee8.gif

It's Oldham, not Everton Valley.

I bet they would rather there were never any away fans at all however it's nowt to do with them.

If only the Police had no say in arrangements for football matches, and if only the Club didn't have to pay for Policing!

Archived