• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point away at promotion chasers!

Regarding the unchanged line up though, I think that has been his strategy from the start- Rotation up untill the middle of the season then try and play more of the same line up after that. He said in the chron before crawley last weekend something along those lines (and at the start of the season if I remember correctly)

LJ I think has given a lot of players, especially the young ones, numerous chances in different positions BUT has now decided to f--- that and pick a strong steady back 5 and stick with them. We just now need to go out and give somebody a good hiding, Even 2-0 would do me! Roll on Saturday in the RRE!

Jch 5 poor, nuff said

He was poor in terms of finishing, but did a great job leading the line in the first half and occupying the O's defence. This allowed Worrall and Philly in particular the time and space to play their games. Special mention to Korey though - best he's played in months.

He was poor in terms of finishing, but did a great job leading the line in the first half and occupying the O's defence. This allowed Worrall and Philly in particular the time and space to play their games. Special mention to Korey though - best he's played in months.

JCH has probably had the most thankless task in the last few games but his strength, pace and movement (not always smart movement but it keeps the defenders on their toes) have taken a lot of pressure of the rest of the team.

JCH has probably had the most thankless task in the last few games but his strength, pace and movement (not always smart movement but it keeps the defenders on their toes) have taken a lot of pressure of the rest of the team.

Yep - no-one else can play that position in the currently favoured 4-1-4-1

Still very poor for a team In third. If we was going for automatic we would have crowds pushing 5000

Even it is "poor", so what?

Every one that turned up gave support at the turnstile .

Let's not take a holier than thou attitude....

Still very poor for a team In third. If we was going for automatic we would have crowds pushing 5000

Even it is "poor", so what?

Every one that turned up gave support at the turnstile .

Let's not take a holier than thou attitude....

I agree with Pete, especially as we had about 800 home fans less than they did yesterday in our recent mid-week games. The we would get bigger gates than that argument is akin to the "Gillingham" argument. Considering some of the negative BS you've come out with recent "savage" their fans paid their money just like ours did, so for you to slate their home support is more than a bit rich.

IIRC the last time we were in promotion contention, we didn't always get 5000 home fans for mid-week games, and our average gate has dropped significantly (by at least 500) since then. We haven't even gotten 5000 home fans for a single home game yet.

Just checked our midweek attendances in 2008/9 (dogs season) were 3936, 4211, 3745 against Walsall, Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers respectively.

Edited by rudemedic

Yep - no-one else can play that position in the currently favoured 4-1-4-1

But we were losing with that formation and scored after changing I understand to a more attacking 4-4-2 after Clarke- Harris and a holding midfielder in Wesolowski were substituted.

Brief report from my Orient season ticket holding mate:

Yes I was there. You deserved a point but I was not prepared to concede at 90 minutes from a whirlie super strike!

Some of your guys go down very easily....

Ref was pernickety all night.

With Brentford losing and Rotherham on our heels it was 2 points dropped.

We had some seriously underperforming players - Mooney in particular - and the goalie was at fault coming off his line 5 seconds before your goal for a ball he was not going to get.

And yes - I'm a bad loser!

I'm well - hope you are too!

Incredible finish to place it like that from a volley is a tough skill. Their goal was again a poor one to give away, it seems JCH lost his man far too easily and Rachubka I think could have done better, however he did make up for it with that close range double save. Now korey should be shown that goal over and over along with his strike against Mansfield and encouraged to shoot on sight

But we were losing with that formation and scored after changing I understand to a more attacking 4-4-2 after Clarke- Harris and a holding midfielder in Wesolowski were substituted.

Didn't say it was the "right" formation. Although if we would have put our chances away we'd have won comfortably.

YouTube highlights

Terrible defending on those corners. Why is no one on the near post for the goal?

I think Smith's goal was a fluke - he was trying to lift it back into the box and mi:censored: it, I reckon. Don't care, though. Good result.

Terrible defending on those corners. Why is no one on the near post for the goal?

I think Smith's goal was a fluke - he was trying to lift it back into the box and mi:censored: it, I reckon. Don't care, though. Good result.

Our defending from set pieces this season has been woeful, definitely something to work on.