Interesting video from 'Beesotted'

"Oldham ain't much cop"

This is a common perception that other League One fans seem to have of us. Ok in a lot of cases they'rd right but comments like that need to be shown to the current squad, it should motivate them. As for the "just launching it" comment, I don't recall much of that going on, on Saturday, I thought it was a good advert for League One Football

Edited by Tommy_Fent

We're 17th in the league. That should be enough motivation for the players if they want people to think they're better than they do.

I understand your point. But from what I've read on messageboards etc over the years it seems to me that a lot of opposition fans like to look down their noses at us, they always have done. Even when we had that team under Dowie fans were doing it.

I understand your point. But from what I've read on messageboards etc over the years it seems to me that a lot of opposition fans like to look down their noses at us, they always have done. Even when we had that team under Dowie fans were doing it.

I bet if you went on every League One messageboard after every game it'd be full of comments about the perceived lack of quality of the opposition.

I bet if you went on every League One messageboard after every game it'd be full of comments about the perceived lack of quality of the opposition.

We're tipped to go down every season. Granted in recent years we've probably earned that tag, but I've seen us tipped when we've had a half decent team. I'm guessing some fans/pundits will just think "little Oldham" they're just cannon fodder. We need to use this attitude to our advantage Edited by Tommy_Fent

"Oldham ain't much cop"

This is a common perception that other League One fans seem to have of us. Ok in a lot of cases they'rd right but comments like that need to be shown to the current squad, it should motivate them. As for the "just launching it" comment, I don't recall much of that going on, on Saturday, I thought it was a good advert for League One Football

To be fair, Harkins "just launched" that inch perfect ball to put Dayton through one-on-one with the keeper.

The only thing I've gleaned from that is that Brenford fans in general are massive :censored:. The ones he came across anyway.

One decided to join in a conversation me and my dad were havimg as we walked to our car to tell us how negative Latics were. I ended up telling him to :censored: off and walking off, not the best response, but why he wanted join in our conversation is beyond me.

Edited by pukka

To be fair, Harkins "just launched" that inch perfect ball to put Dayton through one-on-one with the keeper.

If there was a player on the pitch guilty of 'launching' it, it was a certain ex OAFC player. IMO, he was very average as he always has been.

One decided to join in a conversation me and my dad were havimg as we walked to our car to tell us how negative Latics were. I ended up telling him to :censored: off and walking off, not the best response, but why he wanted join in our conversation is beyond me.

He was probably testing the old adage that "unlike in the South, you can start a conversation with anyone up North, they're all really friendly"

I see what you're saying, I'm baffled when our fans have accused Tranmere of "hoofing it" in recent meetings.

I just think some fans/pundits judge us by our reputation rather than our actual ability

Surely it's just taken as read that they hoof it due to the Ronald think?

He probably just thought Northerners were really friendly and you'd probably invite him home for a few bitters and a go on your sister.

He was probably testing the old adage that "unlike in the South, you can start a conversation with anyone up North, they're all really friendly"

His tone and attitude at me suggested otherwise