Praise from Bradford fans

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, people were stood on isles then they were moved and made to share seats. Over capacity.

I spent the 2nd half stood in a little section to the side with about 20 or so other fans because where I was 1st half we had more people on our row than what there were seats

Never realised that there was footage from the game of the fire. Unbelievable scenes.

As a side thought though, as that stand was coming down one thing that stood out to me was the images of Police charging back into drag people out or putting themselves at the back of the queue out of there.

Although that in no way mitigates the performance at Hillsborough, it does maybe show the other side of the coin when it comes to Police behaviour back in those days.

I spent the 2nd half stood in a little section to the side with about 20 or so other fans because where I was 1st half we had more people on our row than what there were seats

Are you saying I take up two seats cos am fat? Ha ha your right I was getting squashed but good atmosphere

Never realised that there was footage from the game of the fire. Unbelievable scenes.

As a side thought though, as that stand was coming down one thing that stood out to me was the images of Police charging back into drag people out or putting themselves at the back of the queue out of there.

Although that in no way mitigates the performance at Hillsborough, it does maybe show the other side of the coin when it comes to Police behaviour back in those days.

I seem to remember seeing an images of a police constable on the pitch assisting others HIS HAIR WAS ON FIRE.

I am sure others will prove if I am correct

The pictures that were broadcast live from the ground were not repeated in the later news

Not a good day

RIP to those that lost their lives

I seem to remember seeing an images of a police constable on the pitch assisting others HIS HAIR WAS ON FIRE.

I am sure others will prove if I am correct

The pictures that were broadcast live from the ground were not repeated in the later news

Not a good day

RIP to those that lost their lives

Yep it's in the footage that's earlier in the thread.

I also watched it back today. I remember it live on the tv, i suppose like the kids partying on the pitch I thought it was exciting until my dad said, "there will be people dying in there." And I did think the same about the police, they must have been almost catching fire running in that close to drag people away. They don't deserve to be called heroes for doing their job, but guys like that do deserve it several times over. I think part of the answer lies in the local factor. S. Yorks police were dealing with perceived invaders, the Bradford ones were dealing with their own community Edited by leeslover

read somewhere that over 50 medals and commendations were handed out to those who risked their lives that day something else that wasnt that well publisised at the time for some incredible acts of heroism.

That's about right, with roughly half going to "civilians"

Think it gets covered in the wiki link (see earlier in the thread).

Edited by rudemedic

I'm a Bradford fan, I was around in 1985, and I thought nothing of the fire drill chant. In fact, it's a shame it's even an issue.

It's just a variation of the age old "we can see you sneaking out" surely?

All much a-do about nothing.

You doesn't need me to tell you how awful that day was and of course we will never forget. But it was a long time ago and I think some of our fans, mainly young fans who were not even alive in '85, use it as an excuse to vent anger.

No grumbles at the result, 3-2 flattered us, we were appalling!

Nothing but praise for the support yesterday. Not just the noise, but the fact that other than the usual banter chants all that noise was directed at your team and supporting them. A complete contrast to the likes of Rotherham who make plenty of noise but appear to forget there is a game going on and just spend most of the match abusing us!

Sincerely hope you stay up.

I'm a Bradford fan, I was around in 1985, and I thought nothing of the fire drill chant. In fact, it's a shame it's even an issue.

You doesn't need me to tell you how awful that day was and of course we will never forget. But it was a long time ago and I think some of our fans, mainly young fans who were not even alive in '85, use it as an excuse to vent anger.

Nothing but praise for the support yesterday. Not just the noise, but the fact that other than the usual banter chants all that noise was directed at your team and supporting them. A complete contrast to the likes of Rotherham who make plenty of noise but appear to forget there is a game going on and just spend most of the match abusing us!

I saw the full video of the Bradford City fire and still see people throwing discarded lit cigarettes and matches into bins and other flammable areas, it makes my blood boil.

BTW with such support Bradford should at least be in the Championship, if only we had 14,000 regular fans (or half that) these days at Boundary Park.

Thanks for your kind words. We are good supporters away from home. Because we are more pissed ;) But best of luck to your lot as well.

I saw the full video of the Bradford City fire and still see people throwing discarded lit cigarettes and matches into bins and other flammable areas, it makes my blood boil.

Excellent use of phrase there.