Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you go about replacing players who are too good for your level with limited funds? Of course we're struggling to do that, and when we do they'll be off as well.

Exactly the problem of limited money and investment. Downward Spiral - The stand will hopefully work to soften the fall and even improve the situation.

Had a feeling Taylor would be back here at some point as soon as he left, but I didn't think it would be this early - if the rumour is true.

A fully fit and on-form wing pair of Taylor and Dayton could be devastating in this league.

I'd be very surprised if we got him, but then I'm sure Shrewsbury fans thought the same about Wesolowski.

If Dayton finds some consistency, he's definitely one of the better wingers in the league, no doubt.

Unlike some fans' favorites at the club, he gets dog's abuse when his form dips.

Saw him play well once last season, Port Vale at home. Even at Carlisle he was mediocre, his goal was a touch of class, but other than that, nothing.

It does have to be said that Dayton has been somewhat of an underachiever in his first season with us !

And has for his former manager touting him as a potential England player, that guy must be either the most optimistic bloke in the world or as high as a kite.

A touch of class, and the goal that won the game.

Point taken on board. He won us 1 game out of the 24 he was involved in. A player of his supposed calibre should be having more of an impact on the season than he did.

I'm expecting him to be better this season though.

I expect a lot better consistency, which may come with more regular starts. I don't want to look like a fan-boy, but IMHO he's capable of a lot more than the likes of Worral. His expectancy and "supposed calibre" has been one of his downfalls.

Don't think the ol' cup of the ears helped either ;-)

Point taken on board. He won us 1 game out of the 24 he was involved in. A player of his supposed calibre should be having more of an impact on the season than he did.

I'm expecting him to be better this season though.

He also finished the season with the most assists... That's with being in and out of the team due to form and injuries!