Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trial of Featherstone, Chantler and one other has found them unsuitable. Gros and two others still under scrutiny.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/86704/thatll-do-nicely

We'll sign Gros I reckon.

In a recent interview LJ alluded to us on here (I imagine) discussing strikers with poor stats and how that doesn't always tell the full story.

2 goals in 49 league games one of which was on his debut !!!

...so, by your own admission, he once had a goal a game record.... hence supporting LJ's argument that stats are only part of the picture.

Of course, we'd all prefer someone who's scored 20+ in 49 games.... however, they'll likely cost more than we can afford, so we've got to trust LJ to find us someone who's stats don't tell the full picture.

Gros' stats don't fill me with enthusiasm or confidence, but I guess if he was already scoring 20 a season he'd be out of our league. If there is any mileage in the rumour he's signing I'd take a little heart from the fact that Paul Warne's scoring record was appalling before he joined us (although Gros' is much worse) and Killie rated him well enough to hand him a three year deal in August 2013.

Gros' stats don't fill me with enthusiasm or confidence, but I guess if he was already scoring 20 a season he'd be out of our league. If there is any mileage in the rumour he's signing I'd take a little heart from the fact that Paul Warne's scoring record was appalling before he joined us (although Gros' is much worse) and Killie rated him well enough to hand him a three year deal in August 2013.

Players who run around a lot - we have a section of our support who love them and we haven't had one for a while.........

Apparently will Hoskins as signed a two year deal and the announcement will be later today.

17 in 43 for Bristol Rovers, did well at Rotherham too but has struggled when he's stepped up to the Championship and been injured a bit by the looks of it.

I hope this is true.

Stock would be a good addition and we would then have a pretty strong midfield....as much as I would like Clarke and his goal threat I just can't see how we could possibly afford him.

He would almost certainly help get us up around the top 6 and as a result the thousand or so increase on the gate that would bring could help finance the deal, the question is, do we gamble and go for it?

You can play all the fancy football you like but as we all know if you can't put the ball in the net you won't win enough games.

If not I would rather stick with what we have plus a Gros type as I think we need the addition of a big forward who can hold the ball up top and help bring others into play. Cassidy may be a good prospect but I would rather give our own players such as Bove & Turner some game time than help another clubs player prosper at our expense.

To be fair the rumour was not on that site when the topic was posted.

I'm not having a pop, it's a rumours thread where you post rumours! Just saying that anybody can post on there so don't believe everything.

The Chron is catching up with the Twatter rumours re Brian Stock, Leon Clarke and Jake Cassidy.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/86720/lockys-pride-at-club-role

If that's where they've got those links from then that's pretty poor. Normally the Chron makes a point of dispelling those sort of rumours so I'm hoping they've done some digging and there's a bit of truth to it, rather than them just regurgitating some twitter kid's wet dream.