• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pinevillawill i was called a n****r by a donny fan at fa cup last year and he did a runner before stewards could get him so feel sorry he let dcfc club down but glad as i might get to see him again next season lol

I find this gloating and grinning absolutely bizarre. Decent bloke, did his best, gave a large number of latics fans the best day they've had and yet still people want him to fail and enjoy it when he does.

just bizarre.

I feel a bit bad about my original post, I actual meant to put a quizzical face rather than a big smile! Much the same as everyone else, I think he is a decent bloke who works hard but is just in the wrong job, or at least, at the wrong level and maybe needs to cut his teeth further down the food chain.

The one thing that irritated me when he left us was the stupid comments in the media about how Oldham had fired such an evidently great manager following the Cup games.

On a selfish note I think Birmingham would have re-grouped and could have dominated this division so probably a better outcome.

pinevillawill i was called a n****r by a donny fan at fa cup last year and he did a runner before stewards could get him so feel sorry he let dcfc club down but glad as i might get to see him again next season lol

It wasn't Jeremy Clarkson was it?

In all seriousness though, disgusting behaviour. Sticks and stones, eh?

I find this gloating and grinning absolutely bizarre. Decent bloke, did his best, gave a large number of latics fans the best day they've had and yet still people want him to fail and enjoy it when he does.

just bizarre.

Yeah, I find it weird an all. Donny, one of the lowest budgets in the league, has them just above water for nearly all the season and it's a spawny 96th minute equaliser by Birmingham which sends you down. :censored: me, it's like laughing at a 3rd division team going to a Premiership team and getting beaten 1-0.

I quite liked the guy really, which considering when he bacame our manager I :censored:ing hated him means he's a fairly good hearts and minds winner. It'll be interesting to see if Donny will stick by him though. We played some awesome stuff in his first 6 months with us. That 0-6 by Southampton really scarred him I think.

Keeping a team in The Championship with 9 senior players isn't a bad effort.

At least Dickov can't blame his incompetence on his club's budget this time.

To be fair to him (I'm clutching at straws a bit here because he's a good guy) relative to the Championship his budget is probably about 2nd or 3rd lowest.

Next season he has no excuses whatsoever.

Dickov - just useless as a manager. Might be a nice gut but I'll be surprised if he ever is a success as a manager; doesn't know how to win games.

Agreed , and just so glad he didn't stay with us otherwise we would be in league 2 now ?

So after nearly getting us relegated he then gets promotion to a championship club , so i now assume that when / if Donny get rid he will end up in the premier league !!!

I think from most Latics fans I've spoken to today, most of the animosity is towards Furman rather than Dickov. Like has been said Dickov's only crime was not being good enough in the end and by the sounds of it, he's been making exactly the same mistakes at Doncaster.

And Furman's only crime was being sold when most of the fans wanted him dropped and still slag him off for passing sidways....

I have no negative feeling towards Furman because he left, why should I? We got a fee didn't we?

Donny supporter in peace... I did post on here a few months ago saying that he was clueless and would take us down.

See you next season. Hopefully Dickov won't be involved in any capacity when we meet. :surrender:

Camouflaged by him being a decent bloke, it do fool a few at OAFC

And Furman's only crime was being sold when most of the fans wanted him dropped and still slag him off for passing sidways....

I have no negative feeling towards Furman because he left, why should I? We got a fee didn't we?

Being sold? He was club captain and did a runner when we were in the bottom four.

He signed permanently after his contract expired.

I think lj has learned a lot this season. Whilst achieving 10 games unbeaten, he, by the time he'd found his system, had only the current players at his disposal. Next season he should know exactly what he wants.

The inability to change it. That was his big sin.

LJ has changed it. But he also needs to develop the ability to mix it up.

Got downboated!

Let's leave it the same, get sussed out and have no goalscoring threat to respond with then.

I don't think the current manager has any intention of becoming Dave Penney mk2. But if we don't become winners at home and he carries on playing the same way that's how he will be remembered.

Got downboated!

Let's leave it the same, get sussed out and have no goalscoring threat to respond with then.

I don't think the current manager has any intention of becoming Dave Penney mk2. But if we don't become winners at home and he carries on playing the same way that's how he will be remembered.

Didn't mean to down boat! Sorry ..Sunday morning clumsy thumbs.

I like Dickov and wished it worked out better for him here. I didn't really want Donny to come down but it has irritated me slightly that despite his poor performance he got a championship job. Some of me would have said good on him had he managed to do well or keep them up. Another part of me feels glad he hasn't done so as I would have wondered why he couldn't have done better here. Saying that, I'm not actually sure if nearly staying up is actually that big a failure relatively speaking.

Being sold? He was club captain and did a runner when we were in the bottom four.

We got a fee for the loan didn't we?

Why as a club would you let your captain leave on loan near the end of the season for nothing when he could leave for free in a matter of weeks. They paid for the loan which the club accepted and he signed when his contract expired.

I thought that was common knowledge.

He didn't jump ship ffs the club told him go nows and we can have some money.

He didn't play foir nearly half that season due to injury, international call ups, injury and being dropped but yeah he jumped ship.

Much in the same way that Baxter did a runner... End of his contract and Corney saw an opportunity for getting a fee. We probably packed his bags.

Much in the same way that Baxter did a runner... End of his contract and Corney saw an opportunity for getting a fee. We probably packed his bags.

No! not the same because Baxter after winning nothing and being skillful is a legend and nobody liked Furman before he left because......

So one was forced out against his will and is still an Oldham fan and the other is Furman.

Edited by palmer1