1-1 to the referee?

Poor officiating yet again, it will be interesting to see the penalty decision again, JG asked the liner why he flagged and he indicated that Grounds arm was above his shoulder height, at first it looked like it was by his side in a natural running position, but the liner had a better view than me. The lad that nearly wiped out Wes in the 1st half never even got spoken to yet he gives Adam a 2nd yellow for what was a foul challenge certainly not a booking.

It was a definate penalty i thought, the 2nd yellow of lockwood's was correct too, silly tackle, his 1st booking was after the pen was given, must have been dissent! The ref was bloody crap though! Oh and shaun derry is a dickhead too, as is greg abbott!

Definitely a pen. Doesn't excuse the fact that he was one of the :censored:test refs we've had.

What was lockwoods first booking for, dont remember him getting one? The second was a foul On lockwood before lockwood pulled the other guy down.

2nd booking was the most blatant you'll ever see! Missed the first but makes sense if it was for dissent, he'd been arguing with the ref all the way through. Shame that he's let himself down, had an excellent game otherwise.

He was booked after the pen was given!

If it was for dissent a man of his experience should know there's no point in arguing with a referee once a decision has been made.

As a result a new centre back will have to be drafted in for the opening game of next season.

2nd booking was the most blatant you'll ever see! Missed the first but makes sense if it was for dissent, he'd been arguing with the ref all the way through. Shame that he's let himself down, had an excellent game otherwise.

"Most blatant you'll ever see" I've told you a million times not to exaggerate. He was being fouled and shrugged their lad off, their lad flattening Wes first half was a gazillion times more of a booking. Wank inconsistent refereeing.

"Most blatant you'll ever see" I've told you a million times not to exaggerate. He was being fouled and shrugged their lad off, their lad flattening Wes first half was a gazillion times more of a booking. Wank inconsistent refereeing.

Granted I was in the chaddy so some distance away, but he's needlessly and petulantly pulled their player over - a booking every single day of the week. You're right that it was a booking at least for the assault on Wes though.

If it was for dissent a man of his experience should know there's no point in arguing with a referee once a decision has been made.

As a result a new centre back will have to be drafted in for the opening game of next season.

Like to think we'd have been 'drafting one in' anyway, to be honest. Given that we only have two.

Edited by OneSizeFitz

You are out of contract One Size, how about coming back to BP?

His experience would be excellent in and around the squad. I would be concerned about injuries, he hasn't played much in two years.

He hasn't played more than 22 games in a season since 08/09 and hasn't played more than 27 since 05/06.

Even with his experience, we can't afford to have a player only play half a season.

His experience would be excellent in and around the squad. I would be concerned about injuries, he hasn't played much in two years.

He hasn't played more than 22 games in a season since 08/09 and hasn't played more than 27 since 05/06.

Even with his experience, we can't afford to have a player only play half a season.

A pre season Army boot camp would get him flying.

The penalty was as nailed on as you will get. The second yellow was also as nailed on as you will get. We have seen so many horrendouse refereeing performances in our 17 years in this division (and this season) that this one does not deserve mentioning at all.

The penalty was as nailed on as you will get. The second yellow was also as nailed on as you will get. We have seen so many horrendouse refereeing performances in our 17 years in this division (and this season) that this one does not deserve mentioning at all.

It was a very one-sided refereeing performance.

But as you say, the big decisions were spot on.

It was a very one-sided refereeing performance.

But as you say, the big decisions were spot on.

This for me. Although I'd like to know the difference between Lockwood's dissent, which he got his first booking for and the dissent that the majority of their team, and especially their coaching staff were doing all game. Throw in Tommy Wright being sent-off too and it's all looking a bit suspicious.

From what I saw, the only controversial decision he got right, so discounting the pen which was nailed on, and a Lockwood's second booking which was both a foul and a yellow card, was the amount of added time in the second half (I didn't see the added time from the first half). They had been time wasting all game, and were rightly punished for it, fortunately for them by the time the added time came they were virtually nailed on to stay up because Jon Stead had scored against Tranmere. I'm quite disappointed that their fans who messed about with the ball in the second half didn't go the same way as the Preston fan who did similar.

Incidentally Grounds probably should have been sent-off he gave one of their players an almighty whack, when there was a bit of a scramble near the paddock. I don't think the ref saw it and was he sort of incident that experienced footballers and managers get more angry over than refs who don't quite see the same way. Then he hand balled it for the penalty.