Steaua Bucharest

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe some people wanted to travel to Burton on a summer weekend to watch some trialists and a half a team play in a training session anyway.

I take it your'e not going to Curzon on Thursday to see half a team play in a training session against a bunch of part timers ?

I can't believe some people wanted to travel to Burton on a summer weekend to watch some trialists and a half a team play in a training session anyway.

Yes some fans did want to attend the game yes we are Oldham fans we like to see our team play.

What appealed to me about this game was how offen do we play European Oppposistion? Otherwise I would not of enquired.

However Reading Diego conments I optied to go see the Youth team play instead.

People's choice what they do not the crime of the century you have ago about fans who moan but seem quick to slate fans. Just because it may not be your other cup tie no need to have ago at others.

Some people chose to watch a much more significant and obviously better (just because we could actually watch) worldwide sporting event about the same distance away. Tour de France 2,000,000 v 0 behind closed doors Oldham friendly

Some people chose to watch a much more significant and obviously better (just because we could actually watch) worldwide sporting event about the same distance away. Tour de France 2,000,000 v 0 behind closed doors Oldham friendly

I simulated the Tour de France experience by standing by the main road, then stepping into the carriageway in front of passing cyclists, waving like a lunatic.

For comparative purposes I got my son to have a game of FIFA with his bedroom door locked.

Not watching football beat not watching le Tour. Less travelling time and nobody got off a bike and tried to :censored: me.

I went out and got pissed, had a hot dog, a burger AND a kebab and fell asleep on the sofa. Infinitely better than watching a glorified training session or a load of drugged up blokes on pushbikes, I'm sure EVERYONE would agree.

First pre-season friendly:

Second pre-season friendly:

The attendance last year was 1100 and it was their biggest attendance hopefully we can match that

Hard to believe, but some people are travelling from Burton on a summer evening to watch some trialists and a half a team play in a training session. :bluearmy:

First pre-season friendly:

Second pre-season friendly:

Hard to believe, but some people are travelling from Burton on a summer evening to watch some trialists and a half a team play in a training session. :bluearmy:

Good on you Diego,

It's called getting behind your team, something the club should recognise.

If reserve friendlies are arranged behind closed doors this season (as mooted by LJ) I will be contacting the powers that be as I and many others enjoy watching them.

Isn't a portion of the season ticket allocated for reserve games admission anyway?

Edited by BP1960

Do you us your season tkt to attend friendlies or otherwise?

Yes, I have for many seasons in the past, but they were in a league then.

This season there will only be arranged friendlies (which I suspect will be behind closed doors).

So it looks like a double whammy, increase the season ticket prices, while scrapping the season ticket portion previously allocated for admission to reserve fixtures.

I know many are not bothered about this, but some fervent fans are.

Edited by BP1960

Whilst I can understand why most people would not have wanted to go to this game, having a pop at those who did seems a little over the top.

This was always going to be non-competitive as we've only been back in training a week but how often do we get to play against Champions League opposition? Add to that the fact that it was being played at St George's Park and I think it was a pretty attractive fixture after a couple of months without live football.

Luckily I was given the heads up that getting in was unlikley so mad a last minute decision to give it a miss. Those who did go knew there was a chance that they would not get in but usually games are announced as BCD simply so that there is no need to pay for stewarding, not because they are actually going to turn people away.

We'll all get in on Thursday so see you at Curzon

Whilst I can understand why most people would not have wanted to go to this game, having a pop at those who did seems a little over the top.

This was always going to be non-competitive as we've only been back in training a week but how often do we get to play against Champions League opposition? Add to that the fact that it was being played at St George's Park and I think it was a pretty attractive fixture after a couple of months without live football.

Luckily I was given the heads up that getting in was unlikley so mad a last minute decision to give it a miss. Those who did go knew there was a chance that they would not get in but usually games are announced as BCD simply so that there is no need to pay for stewarding, not because they are actually going to turn people away.

We'll all get in on Thursday so see you at Curzon

Are the F.A so poor they can't afford stewarding, maybe so after sending a back up England team of 75 to Brazil?

I guess its more likely a jobsworth attitude in turning away in particular bona fide journalists.

Edited by BP1960

It could have been Dinamo Bucharest fans denied entry...

Watch: Flares thrown onto pitch by Dinamo Bucharest fans during 'friendly' with Heart of Midlothian

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/dinamo-bucharest-v-hearts-wigan-7380421

I believe 5 who travelled from Bucharest were turned away Pete.

It could have been Dinamo Bucharest fans denied entry...

Watch: Flares thrown onto pitch by Dinamo Bucharest fans during 'friendly' with Heart of Midlothian

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/dinamo-bucharest-v-hearts-wigan-7380421

I believe 5 who travelled from Bucharest were turned away Pete.

It was Steaua Bucharest not Dinamo, who we played at Leigh last year.

It was Dinamo Diego;

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130705-preview-897654.aspx

I wonder what happened to some of the trialists?

Only leaves us to play Rapid Bucharest now.

Edited by BP1960

It was Dinamo Diego;

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130705-preview-897654.aspx

I wonder what happened to some of the trialists?

Only leaves us to play Rapid Bucharest now.

I was trying to make the point that it was Dinamo who we played at Leigh last year. It was Steaua supporters who were turned away at St. George's Park not Dinamo supporters referred to in the flare-throwing link.

I was trying to make the point that it was Dinamo who we played at Leigh last year. It was Steaua supporters who were turned away at St. George's Park not Dinamo supporters referred to in the flare-throwing link.

Apologies, with you now Diego.