James Wesolowski

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Workhorses and grafters win player of the year awards in struggling sides.

Workhorses and grafters don't win awards in successful sides.

Let's hope our player of the year next season is a lazy bastard!

It's a meh from me..

No disrespect to Shrewsbury but shows a lack of ambition on his part. He could have played League One football this season rather than League One season possibly next season. Gone for the cash, pure and simple.

As a few have said, there's plenty of midfielders around who can add more to our team and play than him. I'd rather have someone in the middle of the park who wants to play for us rather than the pay.

LJ's replaced Grounds with Mills, arguably strengthening that position, so let's wait until we see who LJ recruits before we decide on whether this is good or bad.....

Workhorses and grafters win player of the year awards in struggling sides.

Workhorses and grafters don't win awards in successful sides.

Let's hope our player of the year next season is a lazy bastard!

funny how the pfa team of the year is full of hardworking midfielders

pringle

sako

macdonald

forshaw

all put shifts in and get about the pitch which throws a little doubt on your theory.

I think if there was a prize for totally missing the point you may have just won it

Edited by ChaddySmoker

It's a meh from me..

No disrespect to Shrewsbury but shows a lack of ambition on his part. He could have played League One football this season rather than League One season possibly next season. Gone for the cash, pure and simple.

As a few have said, there's plenty of midfielders around who can add more to our team and play than him. I'd rather have someone in the middle of the park who wants to play for us rather than the pay.

LJ's replaced Grounds with Mills, arguably strengthening that position, so let's wait until we see who LJ recruits before we decide on whether this is good or bad.....

Agreed, and I thought Grounds would be much harder to replace, so it'll be very interesting to see who we get in.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Cant say I'm really arsed to be honest, we've had bigger and better players than him leave us, it always creates the opportunity for some one new to come in,

I don't hold any grudges against Wes, he's been great for us, but if he wants to leave for more cash, then so be it,

All that matters is Oldham Athletic, we will soon forget him and cheer on the next guy !

#ktf #otid

Cant say I'm really arsed to be honest, we've had bigger and better players than him leave us, it always creates the opportunity for some one new to come in,

I don't hold any grudges against Wes, he's been great for us, but if he wants to leave for more cash, then so be it,

All that matters is Oldham Athletic, we will soon forget him and cheer on the next guy !

#ktf #otid

Unless he is crap too!

Take this however you want to. I spoke to another Aussie player today who knows I am a latics fan. He brought up weso and said we offered him much lower terms than his expiring contract and asked are we going bad again.

I was amazed how much this guy knew about oldham, even that he knew we nearly went under before.

Apparently he uses the same agents as weso.

Maybe we knew he wasn't going to sign a new contract with us, so we offered him crap just to keep face with the fans.

Maybe we were overpaying him previously, and LJ thought the money could be better spent.

Maybe weso's agent talks bull:censored: to their other clients.

I know how much you guys love these "my best friend's dog heard from a well connected source" stories, so flame away if you must.

Take this however you want to. I spoke to another Aussie player today who knows I am a latics fan. He brought up weso and said we offered him much lower terms than his expiring contract and asked are we going bad again.

I was amazed how much this guy knew about oldham, even that he knew we nearly went under before.

Maybe we knew he wasn't going to sign a new contract with us, so we offered him crap just to keep face with the fans.

Maybe we were overpaying him previously, and LJ thought the money could be better spent.

I know how much you guys love these "my best friend's dog heard from a well connected source" stories, so flame away if you must.

As stories go, it fits with other rumours and also fits with where he's ended up.

In my years of posting, I've never had a club source or contacts connected with the club. In fact, I know Chris Taylor's girlfriend's sister but that's about as close as I've ever got to having a credible club source.

I got slated last week for my Rachubka to Kilmarnock story (brother bumped into him in Manchester Airport) and didn't want to share any more information after he'd signed as certain posters had already branded me a bull:censored:ter.

However, after reading your post, certain things you've mentioned are scarily similar to what I was told about the Rachubka situation.

I understand the dispute and delay in signing (despite briefly being out of the country) was due to the fact he was offered a pay cut to be number one. I presume this was resolved once the club realised other clubs were sniffing, but I'm only guessing.

Bring on phase two of the bull:censored: abuse.

In my years of posting, I've never had a club source or contacts connected with the club. In fact, I know Chris Taylor's girlfriend's sister but that's about as close as I've ever got to having a credible club source.

I got slated last week for my Rachubka to Kilmarnock story (brother bumped into him in Manchester Airport) and didn't want to share any more information after he'd signed as certain posters had already branded me a bull:censored:ter.

However, after reading your post, certain things you've mentioned are scarily similar to what I was told about the Rachubka situation.

I understand the dispute and delay in signing (despite briefly being out of the country) was due to the fact he was offered a pay cut to be number one. I presume this was resolved once the club realised other clubs were sniffing, but I'm only guessing.

Bring on phase two of the bull:censored: abuse.

There were some posters who took your information at face value.

There were some posters who took your information at face value.

I gathered that. The post was aimed at those who tarnish everyone with the same brush. Not everyone is an attention-seeker but certain posters do their utmost to put people off from sharing what they've heard.

I gathered that. The post was aimed at those who tarnish everyone with the same brush. Not everyone is an attention-seeker but certain posters do their utmost to put people off from sharing what they've heard.

The internet attracts all types. I find that a good dose of cynicism is probably a good way to approach information provided unless you've identified a particular poster as getting it right more often than not or if the information fits in with other things.

Your information matched the way the club sometimes treats players. They will regularly offer a lower value contact to an experienced pro. If I was on the receiving end I'd see it as being "messed about" which matches what Rachubka was quoted as saying. I've seen a text message from Filipe Morais before he moved on that suggested a 50% pay cut was on the table.

Some would call it good business. It's probably no different to what players are doing when they get their agents to tart them out to the highest bidder.

So when I read your Rachubka post in seemed reasonable. My instinct to this thread was one of scepticism because I don't think Wesolowski should be playing at a lower level. But I think he still has some sort of family connection to Leicester so a move to Shrewsbury gets him a bit closer to that and they are a similarly sized club to us.

Leon Clarke on a permanent deal? Doesn't seem to fit. Loan, perhaps, but I can't see us moving into that wage category. Although we somehow managed to get Rooney last season so strange things do happen.

If people choose not to believe a post that's their choice. I don't see it as a reason to stop posting similar information in future though. For every poster on here there are ten others reading, many of whom will take things at face value. Carry on sharing what you know - most information is second hand - if some see that as a problem who gives a :censored:?

funny how the pfa team of the year is full of hardworking midfielders

pringle

sako

macdonald

forshaw

all put shifts in and get about the pitch which bythrows a little doubt on your theory.

Hahaha Did you compare Sako and Wes?

Yes the both work hard as I said they should do shouldn't they.

Any differences you might notice about the 2 of them?

Of course besides they direction in terms of leagues they are heading to and of course price tag? (All 4 of them for that matter)

Thank you by the away Yard dog that really cheered me up and made me laugh haha

By way did Sako win player of the year?

Haha!!!

The internet attracts all types. I find that a good dose of cynicism is probably a good way to approach information provided unless you've identified a particular poster as getting it right more often than not or if the information fits in with other things.

Your information matched the way the club sometimes treats players. They will regularly offer a lower value contact to an experienced pro. If I was on the receiving end I'd see it as being "messed about" which matches what Rachubka was quoted as saying. I've seen a text message from Filipe Morais before he moved on that suggested a 50% pay cut was on the table.

Some would call it good business. It's probably no different to what players are doing when they get their agents to tart them out to the highest bidder.

So when I read your Rachubka post in seemed reasonable. My instinct to this thread was one of scepticism because I don't think Wesolowski should be playing at a lower level. But I think he still has some sort of family connection to Leicester so a move to Shrewsbury gets him a bit closer to that and they are a similarly sized club to us.

Leon Clarke on a permanent deal? Doesn't seem to fit. Loan, perhaps, but I can't see us moving into that wage category. Although we somehow managed to get Rooney last season so strange things do happen.

If people choose not to believe a post that's their choice. I don't see it as a reason to stop posting similar information in future though. For every poster on here there are ten others reading, many of whom will take things at face value. Carry on sharing what you know - most information is second hand - if some see that as a problem who gives a :censored:?

From all accounts, we've adopted a 'take it or leave it' approach with some of our existing players which is a risky way to conduct your business.

From Johnson's recent quotes, we're quite happy to let other clubs have first dibs on out of contract players, even if that means losing the likes of Weslowski to 'smaller' clubs like Shrewsbury. Again, risky business.

Saying that, I'm happy with the Mills signing and think he's an able replacement for either Grounds or Montano. Likewise, Rachubka is an asset.

Plenty of time to go before the start of the season.

I tend to take the approach that the fine detail of finances are none of our business but this is one bit of business that I'd really like to understand

You not heard the news? There's loads of better players out there desperate to sign for less money.

And we've got Korey 'Yaya' Smith who does the work of three men anyway so no dramas.