James Wesolowski

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the difference between most team in lg 1 and 2 is who is up front. most teams are about the same at back and midfield. look at orient or rotherham when moore took them through lg 1. naf teams but had goalscorers.

wes is no real loss. plenty of league 1 mids who work hard and tackle about. dont see why we should break the bank to offer him a top deal. if he wont take what we offered have to believe johnson can find simialr for that price. hopefully he'll be saving the bigger wages (about £25/month more!!) for our strikers

Would liked to have kept him, but like others have said, plenty more out there. Good luck Wes and thanks but we move on.

Does this open the door for Joel Byrom, maybe? I'm sure that LJ will get the right man.

What makes you sure? His signings have been a mixed bag at best so far.

the difference between most team in lg 1 and 2 is who is up front. most teams are about the same at back and midfield. look at orient or rotherham when moore took them through lg 1. naf teams but had goalscorers.

wes is no real loss. plenty of league 1 mids who work hard and tackle about. dont see why we should break the bank to offer him a top deal. if he wont take what we offered have to believe johnson can find simialr for that price. hopefully he'll be saving the bigger wages (about £25/month more!!) for our strikers

If you believe the manager then we are not looking for any strikers at the moment.

PMSL!!!!!

Ten a penny in league one and now 10 a penny in league 2

For those saying he is better than league 1 get a grip. He won't stand out in league 2 and every player should work hard.

Furman, Stephens, Taylor all moved up Wes moved down. What does that tell you? Better financial offer or not and people wanted him as captain ffs.

3 years in relegation battles here but unsuccessful. Finally made it down to league 2.

If LJ thought it was worth it, he would still be here no doubt in my mind. he obviously didn't think workrate alone was enough. Been saying it for months.

Goodbye Wes don't let the door hit you........

Now Connor Brown I here Hyde like ex Latics, you know it makes sense.

Edited by palmer1

What makes you sure? His signings have been a mixed bag at best so far.

Some that didn't come off looked good signings at the time. It happens. LJ is learning and will have taken a lot on board, so I'm expecting better things. Nothing wrong with that and I'd rather be positive than always look for the gripes.

Some that didn't come off looked good signings at the time. It happens. LJ is learning and will have taken a lot on board, so I'm expecting better things. Nothing wrong with that and I'd rather be positive than always look for the gripes.

Nope, nothing wrong with that at all.

I look forward to the better times that lie ahead, unable to keep our best players and them being replaced with kids.

I think we might owe you an apology Mr Salopian, but that really is a shocker. We were all expecting him to wander back to Oz not drop a division. You lot must be splashing some serious cash. Think I'll be having a bet on you to go up. Good luck

Ha, thanks mate. We're delighted with this signing at Shrews, and fancy our chances in coming back up next year. Yes, the financial side must be a big part, but it's just come as a shock to us, due to the woeful lack of spending the previous 2 years! We have just sold our little winger Jon Taylor to posh however, so maybe we are using that for wages over the next couple of years, as opposed to a transfer fee. Good luck for the forthcoming season also.

Fair enough from all parties I think, this move.

Well Done Latics for not being held to ransom by him.

Well Done Wes for getting yourself a decent deal at a team who, in two years time, could be playing higher than us.

I thought it was a banker that he was off to Doncaster to be honest...

Ha, thanks mate. We're delighted with this signing at Shrews, and fancy our chances in coming back up next year. Yes, the financial side must be a big part, but it's just come as a shock to us, due to the woeful lack of spending the previous 2 years! We have just sold our little winger Jon Taylor to posh however, so maybe we are using that for wages over the next couple of years, as opposed to a transfer fee. Good luck for the forthcoming season also.

Haven't you paid money for Collins as well? Had the lashers goalie been released or have you paid for him as well?

Don't really care where he has gone. When you leave Oldham, what does it matter where they goes or for what reason.

Sounds like we didn't want to offer him what he could get elsewhere.

Just glad he won't be scoring against us in the league next season, as all ex players we come up against seem to.

Don't really care where he has gone. When you leave Oldham, what does it matter where they goes or for what reason.

Sounds like we didn't want to offer him what he could get elsewhere.

Just glad he won't be scoring against us in the league next season, as all ex players we come up against seem to.

Myth

It's easy to forget that Wes started the season out of favour with LJ (there were suggestions he might be offloaded if someone was to pay a fee), along with his comments today about changing the dynamics of the midfield duo I get the feeling keeping him wasn't necessarily a proposition the manager was bothered about.

LJ had little choice other than to offer Wes a new contract due to his excellent season, but he's a limited player and doesn't naturally complement the partner who is obviously LJ's star man, Smith. In a way that form could've been seen as burdensome for LJ's summer window plans. And we have no idea what the contract offer was to Wes but Shrewsbury aren't loaded.

I just have a feeling LJ has architeched this and has planned a replacement well in advance.

Edited by NewBlue

to say im under whelmed to be an oldham fan today sums it up think i will refrain from posting for 24 hours till I calm down, once again we rejoice when one of our better performers leave thats baxter tarky and now wes who LJ thinks he can replace with better and cant fit them in his team !

Haven't you paid money for Collins as well? Had the lashers goalie been released or have you paid for him as well?

Apparently we didn't pay a transfer fee, but have continued his contract on, and will owe Hibs 20% of any future fee we may sell him on for. Good but of business IMO

to say im under whelmed to be an oldham fan today sums it up think i will refrain from posting for 24 hours till I calm down, once again we rejoice when one of our better performers leave thats baxter tarky and now wes who LJ thinks he can replace with better and cant fit them in his team !

Ney bother, we've got Adam Lockwood...

It's easy to forget that Wes started the season out of favour with LJ (there were suggestions he might be offloaded if someone was to pay a fee), along with his comments today about changing the dynamics of the midfield duo I get the feeling keeping him wasn't necessarily a proposition the manager was bothered about.

LJ had little choice other than to offer Wes a new contract due to his excellent season, but he's a limited player and doesn't naturally complement the partner who is obviously LJ's star man, Smith. In a way that form could've been seen as burdensome for LJ's summer window plans. And we have no idea what the contract offer was to Wes but Shrewsbury aren't loaded.

I just have a feeling LJ has architeched this and has planned a replacement well in advance.

exactly my thinking, very similar to the croft situation, whilst LJ said he'd like to keep wes he's never made a big song and dance over him, the more you think about it the more you realise johnson has been preparing for this all along.

exactly my thinking, very similar to the croft situation, whilst LJ said he'd like to keep wes he's never made a big song and dance over him, the more you think about it the more you realise johnson has been preparing for this all along.

Let's hope he makes a better job of replacing Wes than he did of replacing Croft...