James Wesolowski

I would be surprised if he went to Shrewsbury. However, I know their Chief Executive and he reckons they're throwing a bit of money around in terms of wages to try and get back up...

Chief executive friendssss

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something about shrews making some redundancies on their forum.

Skint, or making room for wes's big wage packet?

they seem to be chucking a lot of money around, maybe its not so far fetched that Wes might end up there

back page of the chron confirmed by LJ, how far have we sunk when league 2 shrewsbury is seen as a step up for one of our better players !

What league they are in makes no difference to a lot of players at this sort of level, all about the £££

if money talks why cant we compete then last i looked there average attendance was less than ours, this is a major failing of the club in my view other than chaddysmoker wes is universally liked amongst what fans we have left, he is a player many of us can associate with his girlfriend is from oldham he loves living in the area and was our best player by a country mile last season, if he was off to oz or the championship fair enough but. are you telling me we cant compete with shrewsbury now cos if thats the case what hope have we got.

Putting aside the disappointment of a likeable player leaving, dropping to the league below to a club that are hardly massive tells us all we need to know about his quality - League 2 sides wouldn't even bother trying to tempt Smith into playing at that level.

He'll certainly be a loss but there are lots of players across the league, within our price range, that can do the job he ended up doing for us. In the last few years we've had several better than him.

Don't begrudge him leaving for more money at this point in his career. Opens up the space for a potentially better player is how I see this. Ah well.

Whilst Weso was what we needed in a relegation battle last season and rightly so got many end of season accolades it sounds like LJ wants a different midfield dynamic next season and i have to agree....LJ's comments suggest to me that he liked Weso but wasn't going to pay more than he thought he was worth for a player that offers a lot shutting out teams but little creativity.

Weso wears his heart on his sleeve and always gives 100% but his lack of creativity does mean you will struggle to create in the final 3rd. I think Korey plays the Gerrard role very well and someone more creative is in mind for LJ and i agree i wouldn't want to over pay for Weso just because he is a good battler.

back page of the chron confirmed by LJ, how far have we sunk when league 2 shrewsbury is seen as a step up for one of our better players !

'We' haven't sunk anywhere. We have been treading water in L1 for 17yrs, something Shrewsbury regularly fail to do. Even though the standard (in general terms) between promoted clubs and our bottom half is quite close.

Wherever he goes it seems to me that it won't be here. Maybe being bypassed for the captaincy last season had a more far reaching effect on him than anyone realised, including LJ.

I doubt we are the only club who have been out-bid by Shrewsbury for him - they must be offering silly money. Would imagine he'd have offers from other teams in our division at least, so no slight on us for not offering a competitive wage, in my opinion.

Edited by JoeP

Who sees it as a step up? Maybe it's as simple as them offering more money?

We haven't sunk anywhere - we've been at this level for a long time now and lost out on players like this before. By the sounds of it LJ has a budget and is sticking to it, and feels that that budget is better spent elsewhere. Fair play to him.

Let's see how the summer pans out before toys start flying out of the pram.

Could this be Wes is way of saying to Us and Other League one clubs offer us the money? sure it wss Prozac and it was mentioned at one of the meet the managers about Wes wanting some bonus after the FA cup tie with Forest. I hope he does not go to Shrews and like Fent mentioned earlier could see him at another league one side.

he's a good player but has been part of a team battling to avoid the drop every season he's been here, he does work hard and adds that bit of grit to the midfield but he is replaceable, any player in our squad is replaceable. If he wants to drop down a division to earn a few extra quid then he isn't the kind of player we want in our team.

Could this be Wes is way of saying to Us and Other League one clubs offer us the money? sure it wss Prozac and it was mentioned at one of the meet the managers about Wes wanting some bonus after the FA cup tie with Forest. I hope he does not go to Shrews and like Fent mentioned earlier could see him at another league one side.

possibly, i know someone posted on here that we had to up our offer three times to wes before he signed his 2 year deal back in 2012, how true that is like i dont know.

possibly, i know someone posted on here that we had to up our offer three times to wes before he signed his 2 year deal back in 2012, how true that is like i dont know.

Something mentioned when Connor Brown got sent off the club didnt fine him but Wes expected his fine to be over turned or something along those lines.