James Wesolowski

if money talks why cant we compete then last i looked there average attendance was less than ours, this is a major failing of the club in my view other than chaddysmoker wes is universally liked amongst what fans we have left, he is a player many of us can associate with his girlfriend is from oldham he loves living in the area and was our best player by a country mile last season, if he was off to oz or the championship fair enough but. are you telling me we cant compete with shrewsbury now cos if thats the case what hope have we got.

Why is this a failing for the club? could be many reasons they can offer him more money.

1. They might be spending a good chunk of their wage bill on him as a main signing and will cut costs elsewhere

2. They are spending more than they should be to get promoted.

3. What LJ is willing to spend to keep him maybe lower in comparison.to what Shrews value him at rather than what we can afford as much as them.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst Weso was what we needed in a relegation battle last season and rightly so got many end of season accolades it sounds like LJ wants a different midfield dynamic next season and i have to agree....LJ's comments suggest to me that he liked Weso but wasn't going to pay more than he thought he was worth for a player that offers a lot shutting out teams but little creativity.

Weso wears his heart on his sleeve and always gives 100% but his lack of creativity does mean you will struggle to create in the final 3rd. I think Korey plays the Gerrard role very well and someone more creative is in mind for LJ and i agree i wouldn't want to over pay for Weso just because he is a good battler.

Don't forget that Wes played that role in a Posh side that won promotion from this division. I'm not going to be convinced that he won't be a loss if he goes elsewhere.

The measure is if he goes, can we replace him adequately. I wouldn't want to break the bank for him, though I would like to keep him. He would be quite the influential player in L2, could have better chance of being involved in a promotion campaign and if hes getting paid more, I could see the attraction.

surprising but we move on, as ive said before he was part of a team who struggled again and is replaceable, lets not forget that this time last season we were saying it might be best to release him to leave funds for another addition

surprising but we move on, as ive said before he was part of a team who struggled again and is replaceable, lets not forget that this time last season we were saying it might be best to release him to leave funds for another addition

That was before he was our runaway player of the season...

Hiya guys, Shrews fan here.

According to sources around the club, we are close it signing James Wesolowski from you. This has come from more than one person, but may be utter baloney. If we did what could we expect from him?

I think we might owe you an apology Mr Salopian, but that really is a shocker. We were all expecting him to wander back to Oz not drop a division. You lot must be splashing some serious cash. Think I'll be having a bet on you to go up. Good luck

:laught30::laught30::laught30::laught30:

Weso going to league 2

£10 to playershare if this happens

I will raise it to £20 !

I just woke my flatmate up laughing!!!!! I raise up to £30 to player share if this is true!!! No chance will he touch a league 2 side!

At least playershare made a profit...

Very surprised. I hope that it genuinely was a pragmatic decision rather than dictated by limited budgets. And while I don't have a problem with players taking the money (it's a short career and they won't be millionaires at this level) this reeks of a lack of ambition on his part.

i cant see what all the fuss is about from majority of people on here. wes worked hard but lacked ability for centre mid, can replace someone to run about and tackle easily. no major loss for me

surprised he's gone lg 2 but thats prob his level or bottom lg 1. as for people putting money on them getting promotion because they've signed wes. u must be kidding! he wont make that much diff just run round and tackle as he did for us. its all about having a goalscorer, rest of team can be average if you have a 20 goal a season man

If the rest of the team is average your striker probably won't be a 20 goal a season man. Someone has to win the ball and pass it to them.

But otherwise, point taken. Wes isn't going to win you promotion. He may be an indicator of their ambition, though.

I think we need some player-Share receipt screenshots up in this house bitches!!

That said, I think he's let himself down there... he's peaking and gone for the cash when he could have gone for the glory. Shame, understandable, but shame.

I think we might owe you an apology Mr Salopian, but that really is a shocker. We were all expecting him to wander back to Oz not drop a division. You lot must be splashing some serious cash. Think I'll be having a bet on you to go up. Good luck

+1

Shrewsbury have got a very good player there, especially at L2 level. I imagine he'd have a similar impact to Gary Jones at Rochdale - strong midfielder, capable of a few goals, experienced.

Shrewsbury are 3/1 for promotion, might keep an eye on them this summer.