Harkins to return?

We are poor compared to the financial strength we had when Holden was here. So don't come the football guru.

who pissed on your chips .i seem to recall us picking Rick Holden up for about the same amount we have just paid for Liam Kelly.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lying jock bstrd he said money was not a factor an he loved it here.

But if he's getting double elsewhere why would he not take it?

I don't know if what he has been offered is double, but it'll be more than a few hundred quid. Johnson said himself we couldn't offer him the level of deal other clubs could, which makes it sound like we were quite out of the ball park of what he was being offered elsewhere, and whilst Harkins might like the club he has a duty to himself and his family to get the best deal he can.

If we could have got close to matching the other offers then maybe he would have stayed, which is probably what Harkins meant if he said "Money isn't a factor". Of course it's a factor, it's his living.

Edited by PlayItLivo

He seems to love it in Dundee though. This is his third spell at that club and on Twitter he's wrote that he's there to stay and that he's '#home'. He'd have had to relocate his family here too if he was to sign on as he's just had a child and I'm sure that would have came into play.

If offered the same money between a club he apparently loves and a club he had a decent loan spell at and would have to relocate for I'm sure he'd have still chosen Dundee.

Sorry if somebody has already raised this point. Harkins openly said last season that he would NOT sign if he had to play on the left. I just wonder if LJ wasn't prepared to gaurantee this and the arrival of another centre mid after the departure of Wes and Smith emphasised to Harkins that LJ had other ideas for centre mid and hence he went elsewhere? Mayebe 2 plus 2 = 5 but just athought.

Sorry if somebody has already raised this point. Harkins openly said last season that he would NOT sign if he had to play on the left. I just wonder if LJ wasn't prepared to gaurantee this and the arrival of another centre mid after the departure of Wes and Smith emphasised to Harkins that LJ had other ideas for centre mid and hence he went elsewhere? Mayebe 2 plus 2 = 5 but just athought.

This. His performances and effort soon tailed off when he realised that's where Johnson wanted him to play. At our level the only position someone with that little effort can play is off the striker. In fact any level. See Jose Baxter.

I think it will turn out to be best for all concerned, when he's on his game he's almost unplayable but at other times he's a real liability.

I think he would have spent half the season on the bench and used predominantly as an impact player. The money we've saved can now be used to get an experienced striker in which to me is the absolute priority.

I wouldn't mind betting, LJ only offered him a 1yr contract with a further 1yr option - our option.

Harkins turns of brilliance were welcome but somewhat sporadic, he did run into trouble quite often. Together with his lack of pace I don't think he was worth rowing the boat out for. If LJ is going to get into a bidding war I would prefer he had a scrap over a striker.

According to Matt Chambers we are more than £250k in pocket as a result of the deal.

So the £400k for Smith, £50k for Kelly might not be far off. And we got a full international who only needs 3 more caps to equal Chris Iwelumo. Deal!

His 2nd half performance in the Peterborough home game will live long in the memory and was worth the price of last years season ticket................................Good luck with your future Sir Gary and thank you for some moments of genius.

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

his second half performance against peterborough was probably one of the best ive ever seen in a latics shirt... but for all his positives, he had plenty of negatives - carlisle away was absolutely dyer and probably only touched the ball once, also didn't look interested!

i would have happily watched him for another season because he had that something magic up his sleeve, but wouldn't break the bank for him