Harkins to return?

yes harkins in midfield is one those, in theroy should be great and people keep suggesting it but, it was tried and was :censored:, it didnt work and we were :censored:eas a team

Lee Johnson is keen on his tactics, he might be trying to model a side that can carry a Harkins type in midfield. We shall see.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referring to Algeria vs South Korea:

It's not hard to come back from 3-0 down at half time!! #stickthebaldguyoutleft

:grin:Gotta be a place in the side for Jeebsy if we can make it happen, right?

Damnit Simpo I was just about to go to sleep, now I'm going to have to re-watch the Posh highlights another hundred times.

Not sure it matters where we play him imo, I'd love it if he was our player next season.

Always good to have a player of Harkins ability in the side, no doubting he would be a good signing for us. But it needs to be more than just Harkins. Need more options and ideas so the opposition cannot target one and leave us with nothing else to break them down. If you have to rely on one player to make everything happen then the team won't go very far.

Gut feeling is that it's a sad day in terms of his flash goals and moments of brilliance but no great shakes in terms of next season's promotion drive.

promotion drive are you actually being serious there !!!! mid table will be a result with the squad as it stand the trialists wont improve us at all and to me the squad is lacking in key areas, I get the pre season optimism but talk of promotion makes me chuckle.

promotion drive are you actually being serious there !!!! mid table will be a result with the squad as it stand the trialists wont improve us at all and to me the squad is lacking in key areas, I get the pre season optimism but talk of promotion makes me chuckle.

How do you know the trialists wont improve us?

Do you have detailed statistical analysis and in-game scouting reports from a great number of games for the 3 of them?

Or are you wildly predicting on nothing more than than they are ex Kilmarnock, Walsall and Stoke, free agents and therefore ":censored:e"...?

From The Chron:

"Athletic were unable to match the terms offered to the fans’ favourite."

“He (Harkins) had quite a few suitors after leaving St Mirren,” Johnson said. "We just can’t offer him the same level of deal.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/86602/defeat-in-harkins-bid

I try to be cheerful in my life. Give it a go some time.

From The Chron:

"Athletic were unable to match the terms offered to the fans’ favourite."

“He (Harkins) had quite a few suitors after leaving St Mirren,” Johnson said. "We just can’t offer him the same level of deal.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/86602/defeat-in-harkins-bid

Anyone feel like subscribing to PlayerShare?

Poor mans Rick Holden no great loss.Any chance of signing a striker would be greatly appreciated though.

Obviously - we are in a lower division now...

Had to chortle at Lee Dixon last night when he said how much he hated players rolling around feigning injury. Wonder if he remembers going down like a sack of spuds when Rick poked him in the chest.