Forte Signs

He was gash in his last spell in league one for Sheffield United, but if he was any good for them we wouldn't have had a chance of signing him I suppose.

Will wait and see, could potentially be a very good signing if Johnson can get his best out of him.

It's a good signing for the squad as he's left footed, quick and can play on the left wing or up front.

I'm not entirely convinced by his ability to be our star player, but if he takes some of the heat away from the younger players it could be a good thing.

I don't see the need for us to sign another attacking player just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking for a better quality striker on deadline day.

With 7 contracted forwards already I'd be surprised if another is coming in now. Maybe a loan later in the season.

Gros is contracted for one month. I personally don't think he's anywhere near good enough and I fully expect LJ to be bringing in a number 9.

Gros is contracted for one month. I personally don't think he's anywhere near good enough and I fully expect LJ to be bringing in a number 9.

I've always seen this month contract as a last resort if we didn't manage to get someone better in during that time. Now we have forte I imagine gros will be unlikely to feature at all.

This season will rest on the propensity for Jones and Kelly to support and create for the quantity over quality attack. Over the summer, other than replacements for players that left, the team needed most a clinical cutting edge - couple of goalscorers - and that never came about.

Assuming we play the 3-5-2 formation, with Dieng or Elokobi replacing Lockwood, the forward 3 will be Dayton, JCH, Forte or Philliskirk, which I'm not convinced is enough firepower, so the box-to-box midfielders will need to be relied upon to make that 3 into a 5. If they don't, the goals tally will be as low as last season. There doesn't appear to be that Baxter/Harkins type player so the midfielders will need to combine for a similar effect.

I've always seen this month contract as a last resort if we didn't manage to get someone better in during that time. Now we have forte I imagine gros will be unlikely to feature at all.

This season will rest on the propensity for Jones and Kelly to support and create for the quantity over quality attack. Over the summer, other than replacements for players that left, the team needed most a clinical cutting edge - couple of goalscorers - and that never came about.

Assuming we play the 3-5-2 formation, with Dieng or Elokobi replacing Lockwood, the forward 3 will be Dayton, JCH, Forte or Philliskirk, which I'm not convinced is enough firepower, so the box-to-box midfielders will need to be relied upon to make that 3 into a 5. If they don't, the goals tally will be as low as last season. There doesn't appear to be that Baxter/Harkins type player so the midfielders will need to combine for a similar effect.

I have a good feeling about Elokobi; not in a gay way, although he does have an attractive gait, but in a Noel Blake way. I have a feeling that with Lockwood out for up to two months, he will spend the following month coaching the best out of Elokobi.

I think it's more a case that if someone better comes along or he gets a better deal he can be released before the end of the transfer window, allowing him to move clubs from Conference North/South up. Preventing the same situation Lockwood found himself in last season having been released by Bury in September. It also allows us to effectively play a player who is on trial in competitive games, doubly useful this season as the ressies won't necessarily have regular games.