George Elekobi

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GE:“Most people look at my build and think I can’t be a left-back, though I have played there most of my career."

Brick :censored:house full backs haven't been the norm since you were middle aged though Diego. He isn't going to overlap Forte much that's for sure. Maybe there is something to be said for him playing deeper and leaving Forte higher up, requires cover from whoever is on the keft of the 3/5/7

He's a bloody good signing, well done to LJ for approaching playershare to ask for finding and to trust oLdham for releasing the funds so quickly to get this through.

His attitude and solid performances are the biggest marketing tool for the playershare scheme.

So if you can afford a £1 a week as a regular contributor, or can remember to use the fund and raise webpage for your on line shopping will help us massively to replenish the coffers and of course the one off boosters like the subs league, sweepstake too.

Trust oldham are hoping in the next few months or at least, some point this season to have a joint trust/playershare fundraiser event. On the lines of meet the manager/evening with George, possibly at the Milan restaurant again so watch out for further updates.

And again thanks to you the donators who have made this possible

I think after his first game I might have said something along the lines of he was a waste of player share money or something like that...

How much of a Pillock do I feel now?

If ever there was a perfect player/person for the player share money to go towards, its Big George!

Well done to all involved for making this happen.

He's a bloody good signing, well done to LJ for approaching playershare to ask for finding and to trust oLdham for releasing the funds so quickly to get this through.

His attitude and solid performances are the biggest marketing tool for the playershare scheme.

So if you can afford a £1 a week as a regular contributor, or can remember to use the fund and raise webpage for your on line shopping will help us massively to replenish the coffers and of course the one off boosters like the subs league, sweepstake too.

Trust oldham are hoping in the next few months or at least, some point this season to have a joint trust/playershare fundraiser event. On the lines of meet the manager/evening with George, possibly at the Milan restaurant again so watch out for further updates.

And again thanks to you the donators who have made this possible

George or Eddie, this is not having a go at LJ, as we know he said he made a mistake just glad playershare money looks like a winner this time for him. George has quickly made himself the fans favourite, you can see why Wollves fans adored him.

I think after his first game I might have said something along the lines of he was a waste of player share money or something like that...

How much of a Pillock do I feel now?

If ever there was a perfect player/person for the player share money to go towards, its Big George!

Well done to all involved for making this happen.

Don't be so hard on yourself, even LJ admitted he got it wrong last season, he knew we needed a good signing to try and encourage more regular contributors. Figures currently for regular donors are between 80-100 fans...well if you go off our home attendances what do you think we could possibly raise if we all coughed up £1 a week.

O4U fund and raise webpage gives us regular boost too, so if you can remember to MOT the car on it, do your online weekly shopping on it, buy your Xmas pressies! book a holiday, book your away travel and hotel or even buy the missus some flowers after you have kicked the proverbial cat over a latics defeat...then you have more than made up for it.

Even better, join the playershare pledge, suggest something and if it happens then cough up your pledge money...it could even be George related....heheh.

Edited by underdog

Don't be so hard on yourself, even LJ admitted he got it wrong last season, he knew we needed a good signing to try and encourage more regular contributors. Figures currently for regular donors are between 80-100 fans...well if you go off our home attendances what do you think we could possibly raise if we all coughed up £1 a week.

O4U fund and raise webpage gives us regular boost too, so if you can remember to MOT the car on it, do your online weekly shopping on it, buy your Xmas pressies! book a holiday, book your away travel and hotel or even buy the missus some flowers after you have kicked the proverbial cat over a latics defeat...then you have more than made up for it.

Even better, join the playershare pledge, suggest something and if it happens then cough up your pledge money...it could even be George related....heheh.

All you can do Tracey is keep banging the drum, what O4U and the many contributors do is amazing, but for some just paying to watch Latics is a strain on the budget. I wish I could contribute more but having 2 at uni now, its all about priorities.

Join PlayerShare:

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/latics-playershare/

If you can spare 20p a day set up a standing order for £6 a month. More if you like!

Use PlayerShare WebShop:

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/laticsplayershare

If you're shopping, use the WebShop. Why wouldn't you? It costs you nothing.

Search the internet and 0.5p gets to PlayerShare each time:

http://laticsplayershare.easysearch.org.uk/

Even if you're really skint you can support PlayerShare with the internet search option. Even simple searches like "Oldham Athletic" or "BBC Football" pay out when you click through. 1,000 fans doing two searches a day each would raise £3,650 a year at absolutely no cost to themselves.

All you can do Tracey is keep banging the drum, what O4U and the many contributors do is amazing, but for some just paying to watch Latics is a strain on the budget. I wish I could contribute more but having 2 at uni now, its all about priorities.

Can't you sell them? Suppose kids are for life and not for Xmas.....and no your right but I'm trying to bang the drum as George is so popular at the mo.

Any support of our club is vital.

So your not going to the bingo event on Thursday?....heheh

Can't you sell them? Suppose kids are for life and not for Xmas.....and no your right but I'm trying to bang the drum as George is so popular at the mo.

Any support of our club is vital.

So your not going to the bingo event on Thursday?....heheh

George is popular with a certain poster, one may even say she may have a crush. cough cough.

I have a massive man crush on George Elokobi who wouldn't?

You were saying disjointed?????...see glossop is out there too heheh, think on another thread someone said in jest about having a George back piece tattoo...now that's luurrvveeee...

I am not at the stage of offering to have his babies yet, just the character of the man is inspirational too.

That's my George.....

I reckon Latics should start making George Elokobi dolls (like action man ones) complete with headband, mobile phone connected to twitter 24/7 and a DIY kit as they aren't quite ready yet!

They would definitely be as popular as the yard dogs were in the late 80s. (Ask your dads)

Daughter. Daddy can I please have the new Anna and Elsa dolls from frozen?????

Dad. Sorry sweetheart, they're sold out everywhere but I've got you this instead, this is George and he will sort all the troubles out in arundel, no probs!!!!!

Money spinner, mark my words.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...