George Elekobi

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Murray @MattMurray20 · 2h

I'd like to wish @georgeelokobi all the best at Oldham. Will miss seeing him around Molineux.Top guy & professional.Oldham will love him 1f44a.png

Latics PlayerShare @PlayerShare 4h

Fancy meeting @georgeelokobi before tomorrow's game ? RT this for a chance to meet him @OfficialOAFC #oafc

For as much as he the frame, the bulk and the reputation, he didnt really use it tonight, at all.

He had some suitable chances to "leave one in" on their players and he didnt. He lost a few headers.

He wasnt as much as a "Beast" as i'd hoped.

But - its his first 90mins for us. He hasnt had a full pre-season and he's clearly not up to speed yet. So i'll let him off.

But, in a couple of games time, i want at least 1 oppostion player snapped in half from the G3!!!

I would but then again I like 3-5-2 and it's more modern variations. Elokobi has mainly played LB too...

But with both full backs hardly getting forward it was a case of 5-3-2 tonight,

Hope the 24 got you back to Manchester rapidly.

Edited by BP1960

I would but then again I like 3-5-2 and it's more modern variations. Elokobi has mainly played LB too...

So at last, after yrs of looking, we have apparently signed a good LB... then play him in the centre of defence to fit in with the system. :petesake:

LJ should play the system that suits the players not try to make the players adapt to the system. Play Elokobi at LB, Mills can warm the bench.

Edited by laticsrblue

So at last, after yrs of looking, we have apparently signed a good LB... then play him in the centre of defence to fit in with the system. :petesake:

LJ should play the system that suits the players not try to make the players adapt to the system. Play Elokobi at LB, Mills can warm the bench.

What has Elokobi done to make some think he should come straight into the team? Played for Wolves?

I think its a good signing on paper but Mills was superb for us on loan last season and was considered a fantastic signing a month ago.

Elokobi was released by Wolves as they didn't consider him good enough for the step up. Was he their first choice last season over Goldbourne?

He has to prove himself to me before we drop our first choice (at the moment) left back.

There seems to be a place in the centre up for grabs before Lockwood returns. He has 8 weeks to give LJ some difficult decisions.

Edited by palmer1

... Mills was superb for us on loan last season and was considered a fantastic signing a month ago.

Mills should think himself lucky to warm the bench on Sat after his performance last night.

True, he played well for us in his loan spell. But he has lost form since then, during his loan at Shrewsbury he couldn't even catch a 1'st 11 place in a side doomed to relegation. So I don't why we all expected him to repeat the form that he showed during his loan spell with us, must have been a flash in the pan.

Edited by laticsrblue

Mills should think himself lucky to warm the benc on Sat after his performance last night.

True, he played well for us in his loan spell. But he has lost form since then, during his loan at Shrewsbury he couldn't even catch a 1'st 11 place in a side doomed to relegation. So I don't why we all expected him to repeat the form that he showed during his loan spell with us, must have been a flash in the pan.

Some classic aftertiming there, if it's possible to be an aftertimer on the basis of 2 games that is...