Winny should be played in a midfield 3. he tucks in loads anyway. I'm in the minority who prefers one up top with poleon and forte supporting.Doesn't have to be defensive with willing runners.

Me too.

I'm a 4-2-3-1 though; Pochetino style; and i'd have Winchester in the front 3, in the middle position.

I think i'd have Poleon in the wide right, as from what i've seen; i'm not sure what he is really; but he doesnt to me look like an out & out striker. But that would be pace on either side with him & Forte.

Wilkinson as the lone striker for now until we sign someone else for that role...

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.

I'm a 4-2-3-1 though; Pochetino style; and i'd have Winchester in the front 3, in the middle position.

I think i'd have Poleon in the wide right, as from what i've seen; i'm not sure what he is really; but he doesnt to me look like an out & out striker. But that would be pace on either side with him & Forte.

Wilkinson as the lone striker for now until we sign someone else for that role...

You would leave Philliskirk out Sly?

He's not been great so far, and has been a shadow of the lad we first saw when he arrived.

I'm hoping his 2 goals on Saturday will help reinvigurate him and he'll kick on from here again.

My debate in terms of him is, if you play him as the lone striker; we could end up with a weird Spanish 'false 9' thing, as Philly naturally drops deep.

His position is behind the lone striker - but that's where i'm wanting Winchester to go, so we can get the best out of him for 90mins.

Eeeee, it's hard this management lark isnt it?

He's not been great so far, and has been a shadow of the lad we first saw when he arrived.

I'm hoping his 2 goals on Saturday will help reinvigurate him and he'll kick on from here again.

My debate in terms of him is, if you play him as the lone striker; we could end up with a weird Spanish 'false 9' thing, as Philly naturally drops deep.

His position is behind the lone striker - but that's where i'm wanting Winchester to go, so we can get the best out of him for 90mins.

Eeeee, it's hard this management lark isnt it?

I did throw out the idea of using Philly up front with three (at the moment probably Forte, Poleon and Winchester) behind. I think he's got the intelligence to pull the defence around and play the others in if it's played to his feet.

Browsing through the Championship, looking at who hasn't had much gametime so far and could be fairly realistic, a couple at Leeds in Ajose and Morison, Williams at Middlesborough, Lolley and Paterson at Huddersfield.

Lad at Blackburn who could do a job for us at right midfield, Chris Taylor his name...

I liked the look of Lolley at Kidderminster, I recon he could be a top forward in League 1 if Hudds were interested in loaning him out

I liked the look of Lolley at Kidderminster, I recon he could be a top forward in League 1 if Hudds were interested in loaning him out

I know Joe Lolley, played in the same uni team when I played at UCLAN, class above he was, remember winning 8-2 he scored 4 and set up 4 and then had to go off because he was being called by the Kidderminster manager wanting him for a 6 week trial.

Lolley I'm not sure would please a lot of people here, very much like wilkinson in the respect of unproven and young. A lot of Oldham fans want an experienced striker but I can't see for the life of me why to be quite honest

'A lot of Oldham fans want an experienced striker But I can't see for the life of me why to be quite honest'

It's not the experience that is most important, rather the proven track record I think. We need someone who can hit the ground running - Wilkinson is a decent footballer with great potential however Saturday showed that he lacks the killer instinct when in front of goal. Danny P did just that when he came on and hopefully he will now get back to his best. A striking trio of Forte, Philliskirk and a proven experienced striker would provide huge variety in attack.

We then just need Kelly, Jones and Winchester to chip in with a few along with AMS, Bove to come of the bench when needed and we will win more than we lose this season.

His goalscoring record is a lot lower than what I'd imagined it to be, and I've no idea if he impressed or not in his 8 game loan spell at Bristol city last season but he only scored once.

Don't see him as the cream yourself signing as others on here seem to...

probably just someone bull:censored:ting on twitter, where savage gets most of his info from.

That's exactly what it'll be. Probably where Ebanks-Blake joining came from and that twitter-verified signing of Leon Clarke in the summer.

Not sure if this has slipped through the net but:

Who's Danny Racchi?

Is it one of the youth side, who just happens to share the same name as another pro footballer, or is it the Danny Racchi who is ex Bury, Kilmarnock and now an Icelandic side???

EDIT: just seen BP's thread on this. Note to self; scroll down first Sly, scroll down...

Edited by slystallone