Phil Parkinson

Had him down as one of the less ridiculous managers when it comes to post match comments. However he needs to pay more attention if he believes what he said after last night when describing the goal.

He said: "I think that was the first shot they had. I can't remember them threatening the goal otherwise in the whole 90 minutes.

Had him down as one of the less ridiculous managers when it comes to post match comments. However he needs to pay more attention if he believes what he said after last night when describing the goal.

He said: "I think that was the first shot they had. I can't remember them threatening the goal otherwise in the whole 90 minutes.

I haven't seen such a kick and rush side for years.

It's truly boring and I'd rather play our way. We'd all be moaning if we played like that, they were like that at Oldham last season, big, physical and launch the ball forward. Takes no skill to welly the ball 55 yards in the air down field to nobody!

Our way? We're hardly renowned for our free flowing sexy football. I'd rather we tried to play decently but I'd take promotion and a League Cup final over league 1 players trying to knock it about like Spain.

He wasn't too complimentary about us when we went and got a point at The Valley when he was managing Charlton, in Dickov's first season, iirc.

was powell not in charge then, the nicest man in football? could be wrong though, we picked up a draw twice at the valley under dickov

i do remember the Jarrett sending off, that was a proper sending off deserving of the fine! but was it in Jarretts first spell or second?

IIRC he shouldn't of been sent off, he kicked the ball after being sent off due to Parkinsons and the Charlton's bench for getting the ref to give him a second yellow, and his second spell at start of Dickovs time here.

Got them promoted and to a League Cup final though.

To a league we've been in for 18 years. With their resources, especially due to their support, Bradford shouldn't have needed the play-offs to get out of Division 4. He had 40+ league games in his first season, they finished 18th. Quite simply the more I see of them, the less I rate their manager.

He was a bit of :censored: last night too.

Our way? We're hardly renowned for our free flowing sexy football. I'd rather we tried to play decently but I'd take promotion and a League Cup final over league 1 players trying to knock it about like Spain.

Yes our way, we try and play football on the deck, doesn't always come off but at least we give it a go and i'd rather watch that than see a team bully teams and hoofing the ball up to a massive striker. Worked for them in the league last season they finished about 12th and that's only because of a fantastic start. Next game have a look how many times rachubka kicks the ball out of his hands, you won't find many, their keeper, every time apart from twice kicked the ball to their blonde striker, the other two times he rolled it to mcardle who promptly followed suit and booted it as far up the field as possible. Being a coach in my spare time and working in the US coaching last year would be ashamed to tell a parent or other coaches that I taught a team to boot the ball 55/60 yards in the air towards a striker whether I won, lost or drew a game