FA Cup: Latics v Orient

Team named:

Rachubka, B.Wilson, J.Wilson, Kusunga, Mills, Kelly, Jones, Winchester, Forte, Philliskirk, Poleon.

Subs:

Etheridge, Dieng, Dayton, Lockwood, Mellor, Truelove, Tuohy.

We are also Radio Manchester commentary game. Not sure about via internet.

Orient:

Woods, Cuthbert, Baudry, Cox, Lowry, Batt, Clarke ©, Wright, Pritchard, Dagnall, Simpson. #oafc

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't play anywhere near our best but still won, last season we would have lost that. 2nd half our simple passing was simply awful. Mills most probably our best player although Kelly !st half would have walked it. In the hat again and it feels good. Roll on Liverpool

Pretty awful game but too many times in the past we would lose these games with a whimper.......the lack of posts shows the progress we are making, I went to the game today supremely confident of victory and never really felt as though we wouldn't finish off the job and that we had another gear or 2 if required

One of Genseric's best games for the club

Echo everyone's thoughts really. In the cup you just wanna get through don't you, so job done.

Mike Jones needs a song.

BOUNCE AROUND FOR JONESY, BOUNCE AROUND FOR JONESY, DA NA NA NA, DA NA NA NA!

Sang while bouncing around like idiots. It'll be great.

Controlled the 1st half well.

Cracking set piece from Jonesy, lovely stuff.

They upped their game after HT and we sat a little too deep at times. Our passing went amiss too; and we were holding on at times last 15-20mins.

But, as others have said, we won without being fully convincing, and - it's the sort of game we have nailed on lost not too long ago.

But for me, the most important thing is we've won right away at the 1st available time of asking after losing the unbeaten run at Bristol. Speaks volumes that for me; and hopefully we continue in tbe league next saturday too.

Oh, thought we missed big Jabo Ibhere today, both Forte and Poleon were bang average to boardering on a bit pish today; we missed Jabo's hold up, strength and link play IMO.

Mills was my MOM, followed by Philliskirk and Kelly.

...and the officials were toss wank, so inconsistent with their decisions.

In the hat, hope we get a non-league at home

First time i've seen us since the Gillingham home game where we were pretty poor. We might not have been great today, but there was such an improvement since I was last at BP.

Jones was amazing, ran the show and deserved his goal. Easily MOTM.

Easiest tie as possible in the next round please.

To say that many think we were collectively poor, between all the posts, it would appear everyone played really well.

What gives??

individuals had flashes of good play, but we never fully clicked as a team today. Even when we controlled pay in the first half we weren't creating many chances. Happy though, and you get the feeling we'll be more like it vs Crawley.

To say that many think we were collectively poor, between all the posts, it would appear everyone played really well.

What gives??

Sat back in the second half, let Orient get back into the game. We weren't terrible, but we could have pressured more and got a second goal.

Lovely proper dour 1st round game. Peach of a free kick from Mike Jones. I'm getting a 'Thank :censored: For Mike Jones' tattoo when he scores the winner at Anfield in the 3rd round. Rachubka was MOTM for me, arguably won us the game. Good shift from Poleon even if it didn't quite click for him - good to seem him applaud Jones' off-target shot rather than sulking cos he didn't pass it. Think the lino had a new flag he wanted to show off, some of those offside decisions were laughable. Oh and Batt is a horrible dirty fat :censored:bag donkey and I'm gonna hunt him down for that foul on Winchester.

Edited by rosa