• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, if one person or a group want to go in the 'wrong' end every game they can do, no blame here to Rochdale.

If people are determined enough, as you say, people will do whatever they wish but....

I can't help thinking though that if it had been allocated seats and therefore we'd have been given the full 3600 capacity for the stand the situation would have been averted. I think 3600 would have been enough to fit everyone in. So if it was Rochdale AFC that took that decision then I'm afraid they need to shouler some of the blame.

If people are determined enough, as you say, people will do whatever they wish but....

I can't help thinking though that if it had been allocated seats and therefore we'd have been given the full 3600 capacity for the stand the situation would have been averted. I think 3600 would have been enough to fit everyone in. So if it was Rochdale AFC that took that decision then I'm afraid they need to shouler some of the blame.

I read this a few times but don't quite get it. Where were the 400 empty seats that we would have had?

The capacity of the stand is 3600 and we sold 3200 tickets so there were 400 seats somewhere.

I know for one of the previous games we actually sold the 3600, I think it was the washout league cup game.

There were not 400 available seats elsewhere.

I heard that there was a cockup and they actually sold us the full amount. That's certainly more plausible than the idea that there were 400 invisible seats. You've got better eyes than me if you can find 400 empty seats in that: https://twitter.com/FBAwayDays/status/538740666323709952

Edited by NewBlue

I heard that there was a cockup and they actually sold us the full amount. That's certainly more plausible than the idea that there were 400 invisible seats. You've got better eyes than me if you can find 400 empty seats in that: https://twitter.com/FBAwayDays/status/538740666323709952

There were nearly 3000 empty spaces in the ground in total

Sorry but that's just daft . It would require a duble cock up.

First , Dale printing and supplying 400 tickets too many

Second - Latics not noticing that they'd received 400 tickets too many

Oh yes , and it need a conspiracy between the two clubs to keep it quiet.

Sorry but that's just daft . It would require a duble cock up.

First , Dale printing and supplying 400 tickets too many

Second - Latics not noticing that they'd received 400 tickets too many

Oh yes , and it need a conspiracy between the two clubs to keep it quiet.

Just what I heard. Regardless of it being true or false there was not 400 empty seats in that away end, if it holds 3600. Absolutely no chance. People were standing in the aisles it was so packed. Edited by NewBlue

The Chron has broken its silence, but includes for balance the comment:

Latics fans were made to buy their match tickets in advance of the game but Rochdale fans were able to pay on the day, which led to dozens of Latics fans sitting in the Rochdale stands.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/89219/derby-match-arrests

The Chron has broken its silence, but includes for balance the comment:

Latics fans were made to buy their match tickets in advance of the game but Rochdale fans were able to pay on the day, which led to dozens of Latics fans sitting in the Rochdale stands.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/89219/derby-match-arrests

Hardly balance. Rochdale fans were able to pay on the day, so were Oldham fans - but they were told specifically not to; Latics fans were going in no matter what whether it was all ticket or partial pay on the day. Bottom line is they shouldn't have been there, they went in and got giddy, so there you go...

Like I said before, it was hardly a 1980's terrace riot.

Wasn't Stockport a similar situation? I can't recall.

Hardly balance. Rochdale fans were able to pay on the day, so were Oldham fans - but they were told specifically not to; Latics fans were going in no matter what whether it was all ticket or partial pay on the day. Bottom line is they shouldn't have been there, they went in and got giddy, so there you go...

Like I said before, it was hardly a 1980's terrace riot.

Wasn't Stockport a similar situation? I can't recall.

I was meaning journalistic balance (compared to the MEN) rather than factual balance.

There were a couple of scuffles and that was about it. Having started going to football matches as a teen in the early eighties Saturday's events didn't even register as an event with me. The MEN reporting was sensationalist at best. Gutter at worst.

Given that there were 3,000 empty spaces in that ground there was certainly an opportunity to sell more tickets to

Latics fans and still segregate effectively. This should have happened.

While not foolproof, making the game all ticket to home fans would have reduced the likelihood of trouble. This should have happened.

What we also saw was some Latics fans behaving stupidly. There's no point hiding the fact. It's possible to sit in opposition stands, enjoy the game and suppress your emotions when your team scores. Failure to do so is inflammatory in a football ground and it is likely to spark a reaction.

Just what I heard. Regardless of it being true or false there was not 400 empty seats in that away end, if it holds 3600. Absolutely no chance. People were standing in the aisles it was so packed.

People weren't standing in the aisles because it was so packed, they were standing in the aisles because they wanted to (mainly so friends could stick together) whilst they weren't 400 empty seats near me, there were enough to suggest that there could easily be 400 empty seats in that stand as a whole.