There was one chap who landed a fair few punches on stewards and police before being carried out by about 6 police holding his limbs as he kicked and wriggled.

Pretty appalling behaviour and something I have not seen before whilst watching Latics.

Whilst Rochdale policy regarding the ticket allocation and pay on the day is a factor - I don't think anyone should use that as a reason to hide from the fact our supporters couldn't be relied to behave themselves.

For right or wrong, surely anyone who was born knows that if you throw a punch at a copper you're going to get a hiding?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It goes to show though, I was right down the other end (towards the sandy lane) - other than the Hulk's arrest, I saw no other trouble.

Same here. I guessed there was something going off when loads were craning their necks but the 18 year old kid furiously offering 1000 big bald blokes outside was the most terrifying thing I saw.

Perhaps, but at the Pearl Street end it was a little more feisty.

Flares going off in the away end, fighting in the stands between fans, fighting with police and stewards.

I'd say in my years of watching Latics it ranks pretty high on the list of games with trouble.

The 2 lads scuttling across the pitch after realising the gate was open and didn't need vaulting deserve applause - definitley deserved and embraced their moment. Full marks for completing the leap into the Latics section without disgrace too!!

The 2 lads scuttling across the pitch after realising the gate was open and didn't need vaulting deserve applause - definitley deserved and embraced their moment. Full marks for completing the leap into the Latics section without disgrace too!!

At the time, I wondered what the hell was going on. I thought they were Rochdale fans trying to get at our lot at first.

I think Dale fans have had a fairly sheltered life being stuck in the bottom tier all those years.

I'm sure their less hysterical older hands will also be rolling their eyes. I was at Dale v Bolton in Division 4 many moons back and there was fighting on two of the three terraces for pretty much the entire game. I wonder what the MEN reporter would have made of that - a national state of emergency probably!

How on earth has it gone national?! Massive over-reaction from the media.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shocking-scenes-football-fans-clash-4727408

Rochdale can't be happy with them suggesting the two lads running from their stand to ours were Rochdale fans :lol:

Journalists, police, referee's - the three professions worst at their jobs

How on earth has it gone national?! Massive over-reaction from the media.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shocking-scenes-football-fans-clash-4727408

smoke bombs potentially lethal.........fine.....did anyone have a packet of peanuts or a lighter? or a bunch of keys?....i reckon I could kill someone with a bunch of keys. or a scarf. i could kill someone with the keys then hang myself....:censored:ing lethal.

To place the blame entirely on those watching/attending the game, I can't think of people who start fights as either fans or supporters, shows how little has been learnt from the disaster at Hillsborough where initially those in the stand took all of the blame.

This was a local derby and meant a great deal. People drink too much and get excited and don't behave as they normally would, they sometimes don't behave responsibly.

I blame all those people who misbehaved and hope they get just treatment however lets be clear Rochdale Football Club are responsible because of their ticketing policy. The Police are responsible to a lesser degree for allowing payment on the day. Some of the police and one or two stewards may have over reacted but they are only people just like us - I thought they handled things very well.

While the trouble was minimal and hardly 'shocking', I have no idea how you can attribute it to Rochdale's ticketing policy. They gave us a third of their ground's capacity, whether or not they make it ticket or not ticket will stop nobody from nipping down to Spotland on a 409 to get a ticket to the home end.

'Blame' goes on individuals - a few arrests are bound to happen when 7000 pissed up football supporters share a stadium, or for that case when 7000 pissed up people do anything in a confined space. Nothing happened that nobody expected and I don't see why people are making a big deal out of it.