Agree with that baeg, I think we would look even more stupid as a club if we didn't sign him.the :censored:s already hit the fan so the club has nothing to loose..

Ok some fans won't attend but with the crowds we get would it make a massive difference? ??

Verlin won't fix the guttering(most of our sponsors go bust anyway)

And we can't hold a bingo night at mecca in oldham town centre

I disagree with that. This is big news at the moment and even bigger for us as we're refreshing on here and Twitter etc. For most they will click on the news at some point and see what's happened.

If it were say Tranmere or Hartlepool in our position and it fell through, then it would be memorable for a bit and then we'd all move along. I've kind of already forgotten about it with Sheffield United.

It's by far the lesser of two evils to back out now. And it's not just sponsorship now - the club are looking for investment and sponsorship to build a stand and that will be a damn sight harder (when it doesn't seem so easy anyway) if the club sign Evans.

Whichever way the club is treating its fans with disdain. At least if they back out now we'll all remain, albeit mightily pissed off at what's happened.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remind me..how many strikers have we currently got, regardless if they are firing or not.

Isn't there other strikers out there at the mo we can get or tap into via our links with Other clubs?

And just a thought but if all this who signed that petition would have stuck a quid into playershare, could we have afforded a striker wholly or partially?...ohhh what if eh

I got to this line and stopped reading:

*In her letter, Ms Baird said: “It is tantamount to saying that sexual abuse is okay as long as you can play football.

Complete hogwash

Just remind me..how many strikers have we currently got, regardless if they are firing or not.

Isn't there other strikers out there at the mo we can get or tap into via our links with Other clubs?

And just a thought but if all this who signed that petition would have stuck a quid into playershare, could we have afforded a striker wholly or partially?...ohhh what if eh

Why would people unconnected with the club contribute to PlayerShare?

I have informed a representative of club of a young striker described as a goal poacher who scores goals for fun and a future Harry Kane.

He has never played in their first team nor been out on loan with anyone. I expect nothing will happen though as I'm not an agent.

Edited by BP1960

Top, top stuff.

I have a strong commitment to rehabilitation of people who have accepted their guilt and served their penalty and giving work to these people is part of that. However, Ched Evans does not seek rehabilitation from his criminality. He denies the crime and supports the use of a website which persecutes his victim – www.chedevans.com

The Lord Chief Justice said there were no grounds whatsoever for an appeal and it is clear that Evans had sex without consent when no reasonable man would have thought she was consenting because she was too drunk to do so - https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

There is no clash of evidence which could justify any attack on her character. Nothing could justify the hounding which has caused her to move house five times (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/28/ched-evans-rape-victim-change-name-move-house-father) and which Ched Evans has been called on to disown or stop but, having failed to do either, has condoned.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

I have informed a representative of club of a young striker described as a goal poacher who scores goals for fun and a future Harry Kane.

He has never played in their first team nor been out on loan with anyone. I expect nothing will happen though as I'm not an agent.

I believe you....all my nephews currently play in local under 14 leagues, two have been approached by man city and Bolton so far for trials. Big clubs who can afford to scout at grass roots, clubs like latics should rely on good feedback by reputable good sources like yourself.

Oh.

I thought that you thought that all the people who have signed that online petition were Oldhams Fans.

I maybe blond but....if we are desperate should I get the begging bowl out and say hey mr/mrs/miss/master signee...gives us a quid and give us a chance of signing someone else..worth a shot? No?..oh well

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-ched-evans-2184275.aspx

clear as mud

only Latics could make an announcement saying there will be no announcement. Who wrote that and have they spent all this time writing it?

Elsewhere Eric Hall has been on the BBC giving Ched his support

Edited by astottie

Oldham Athletic is not at this stage making any official announcement with regard to the speculation concerning Ched Evans.

Whilst acknowledging the considerable media attention, we continue to have conversations with representative bodies such as the PFA and will conduct due diligence with regard to any decision we make on this matter.

Although it has been reported that a press conference would be held we will officially advise if and when any such event will take place.

The club would also request that its stakeholders and partners position and privacy be respected until this matter has been concluded.

We will not be making any further comment for the time being.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-ched-evans-2184275.aspx#2RdGC1doC43iFUek.99

Edited by Ackey
Fixed formatting