• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're deliberately missing the point. The 'poor guy' as you called him is a convicted rapist. While there's a slender chance that might be overturned in seven months, as it stands he's a rapist and if he didn't want the problems that brings he shouldn't have raped someone.

You're right and there's no getting away from that fact. That's why he can never win and I could never win an arguement on his behalf. I just believe after reading the facts of the case that he has been treated very harsly and even now after serving his sentence, society seems reluctant to let him rebuild his life. He did say in his earlier statement that given the chance, he would prove to be a useful in the community (or words to that effect). Isn't that his way of saying, that he would use his high profile position to educate and inform. Hwe was only 22, a young boy, and meanwhile is friend is happily playing football after being found not guilty with almost the same evidence.

All true, MPSR, but that statement for me was far too late, and the existence of his website doesn't help his case (particularly when it's under investigation for misrepresenting the case and may have fuelled the abuse of the victim). All of that said, I wasn't on the jury and didn't see the evidence either, so maybe I should just shut up and stop getting on my high horse on a message board.

You also would struggle to get a club

I suspect that would be the least of my concerns.

I think I'd rather die than live with the stigma of a vile offence I knew I hadn't commited.

If you ever get the chance to speak with anybody who has been accused of this particular crime you should ask whether they would admit guilt if they hadn't commited the offence if they thought they could go back to their old job etc, and I suspect you'll get the same answer.

People have been quick to scream about how vile rape is (and it is, of course it is) but have people considered what it must be like to have that stigma attached to you when you KNOW you are innocent of the crime?!

Incidentally my wife's friend had a male friend who was accused of rape. It was only after he'd commited suicide leading up to the court case that his accuser admitted she'd made it up.

I think you said on an earlier post in this thread that you would have accepted the jury's verdict, apologise and tried to move on if you were in his situation. If you genuinely believed in your in your own innocence (which he reportedly does)I find that stance utterly staggering!

Edited by danoafc

All true, MPSR, but that statement for me was far too late, and the existence of his website doesn't help his case (particularly when it's under investigation for misrepresenting the case and may have fuelled the abuse of the victim). All of that said, I wasn't on the jury and didn't see the evidence either, so maybe I should just shut up and stop getting on my high horse on a message board.

And for the record, I too feel sorry for her and know from personal experience that the issue of her seemingly being violated in that room on that night are now not the problem, but rather the continued media involvement, his web site and message boards such as this.There are no winners in all this and the best thing now is for it all to calm down.

This whole episode has been a complete farce, we should never of got involved in the first place but when we did I would of been happier if we just signed him instead of dragging it out for a week telling us the deal is definitely on then losing sponsors and a few fans and now coming out to tell us it's off ! What a joke, the damage has already been done and now our club will have to be dug out of the dirt ! We are now the laughing stock of football and LJ will have a very tough job on his hands to try and motivate those players on Saturday, all we can do is support the team and hope for the best

As well as the council there are other parties involved in the new stand who could have withdrawn their support,

Whoever SC has gone to for loans.

The gym company.

The offices tenant.

The catering company.

And probably more.

Edited by laticsrblue

You're deliberately missing the point. The 'poor guy' as you called him is a convicted rapist. While there's a slender chance that might be overturned in seven months, as it stands he's a rapist and if he didn't want the problems that brings he shouldn't have raped someone.

Edit: my mistake. Dave didn't say 'poor guy' at all. I will read more carefully in future.

Lets accept that. What's done is done, it can't now be changed. It's in the past.

Rightly or wrongly the sentences handed down by the Law, the very same law that agrees rape is a crime as been served in terms of behind bars. He is now out on license to continue his life with terms attached in the hope he integrates back into society. To become a good citizen and contribute the well being of the community.

What do you propose to do with him? what would you have him do? would you sooner have his life finished without hope?

One things for sure forever, sentencing him with "your a convicted rapist, you can't do this, you can't do that, you should say this or you didn't say that" at every twist and turn in his life. Is not the way

There is a clue in what everyone say about being part of society again. Society is you, me, everyone. We all in some way in life need a second chance, we've all failed something along the way, but got a chance to get it right the next time.

Anyway, he's gone now and I hope he finds somewhere to rebuild his life as everyone here would afford that to someone who was close to them.

Edited by Lags

I struggled to eat my evening meal tonight, feeling sick to the pit of my stomach. Not because of Ched Evans but many of the posters on this forum. I'll say just this, I hope you never need or want a second chance in life, from a loved one, an employer or the judiciary, because if you do I sincerely hope you don't get it.

I struggled to eat my evening meal tonight, feeling sick to the pit of my stomach. Not because of Ched Evans but many of the posters on this forum. I'll say just this, I hope you never need or want a second chance in life, from a loved one, an employer or the judiciary, because if you do I sincerely hope you don't get it.

This...

I wouldn't expect much help as an unrepentant rapist...

Prime Minister David Cameron told BBC North West Tonight that it was "unrealistic" for Evans to expect to get straight back into the sport.

He said: "Perhaps he needs to do more to put back in to the community some sense of atonement for what he's done before he restarts his career."

Does anyone know which parts of the community are open to a convicted rapist out on licence?

upboated that in error but sincerely hope you never get accused of something you didn't do and it gets out of hand. I was once for a few hours due to a malicious individual fortunately it came to nothing but teachers get that sort of rubbish. I was fortunate about 800 other kids knew different.

So you have pretty much decided he hasn't done anything... okay...

I don't believe the convicted rapist....

Edited by oafc0000

I did know somebody who had problems, psychiatric needs, some jail time, and was beaten to death when they got out by a vigilante group - no second chance there, and they wasn't lucky enough to be a professional footballer - so there's that angle to consider.

Ched was :censored:ing half decent footballer who's blown his chance to make some serious money doing what he like to do and comfortably retire in his thirties. He's probably sorted now anyway if goes into agent work or something. He could always visit this place on Monday, https://www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus - he might have more luck off the public monitor.