• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that would be the least of my concerns.

I think I'd rather die than live with the stigma of a vile offence I knew I hadn't commited.

Which is why I feel he ought to concentrate on his criminal cases review instead of trying to get straight back into football. In fact, if I were in his shoes I'd have the heavily biased Ched Evans website closed down and openly discourage supporters of my cause to stop harrassing the victim. Then I'd fight tooth and nail to have my conviction overturned.

upboated that in error but sincerely hope you never get accused of something you didn't do and it gets out of hand. I was once for a few hours due to a malicious individual fortunately it came to nothing but teachers get that sort of rubbish. I was fortunate about 800 other kids knew different.

How do we know he's innocent? I believe we can only truly go off the verdict (and failed appeal) as the two crucial facts in all of this right now.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Which is why I feel he ought to concentrate on his criminal cases review instead of trying to get straight back into football. In fact, if I were in his shoes I'd have the heavily biased Ched Evans website closed down and openly discourage supporters of my cause to stop harrassing the victim. Then I'd fight tooth and nail to have my conviction overturned.

How do we know he's innocent? I believe we can only truly go off the verdict (and failed appeal) as the two crucial facts in all of this right now.

I think we all ( even the rediculously stubborn anti evans brigade) know full we'll that only 3 people know if he is innocent one can't remember and hasn't even accused him of it and the other two have said she consented. The case seems to be built around her being too drunk to consent. That is a matter of opinion as it can't possibly be proved. 12 jurors decided she was. That's were the ambiguity comes from and why so many people refuse to just blindly accept he's guilty. Problem is all the anti evans brigade take common sense as meaning people are condoning his actions and defending him

As far as I see no one has said he's innocent just questioned his guilt

That being said I don't think anyone has defending his actions in finding himself in the room origanally

Edited by davebuckley06

I think we all ( even the rediculously stubborn anti evans brigade) know full we'll that only 3 people know if he is innocent one can't remember and hasn't even accused him of it and the other two have said she consented. The case seems to be built around her being too drunk to consent. That is a matter of opinion as it can't possibly be proved. 12 jurors decided she was. That's were the ambiguity comes from and why so many people refuse to just blindly accept he's guilty. Problem is all the anti evans brigade take common sense as meaning people are condoning his actions and defending him

That being said I don't think anyone has defending his actions in finding himself in the room origanally

What do you suggest we replace the jury system with?

At no point have I implied we should replace it

They had to make a decision in this case it was based on opinion as the key thing couldn't be proved either way which is slightly worrying as unless I am mistaken to be found guilty in a court of law it has to be beyond any doubt

I dont see Dave suggesting we need to replace the jury system with anything. He's simply commented on the fact that that some people can see it's not infallible.

At no point have I implied we should replace it

They had to make a decision in this case it was based on opinion as the key thing couldn't be proved either way which is slightly worrying as unless I am mistaken to be found guilty in a court of law it has to be beyond any doubt

The jury in this case appears to have clearly understood reasonable doubt as it afforded it to the other defendant.

I dont see Dave suggesting we need to replace the jury system with anything. He's simply commented on the fact that that some people can see it's not infallible.

It just seemed like the post was suggesting a jury couldn't possibly come to a conclusion. Yet, from having read the appeal papers, they appear to have carried out their duty diligently, fairly and accurately.

Edited by opinions4u

Nicely put. This is why I think the mob rule that has stopped this is so disgusting. I feel deeply ashamed and sickened by the vile reactions of so many, sadly, some on this board but many more on social media in general as well as the two faced politicians and police chiefs etc.

Add to that the sheer incompetence of our Board and this has been the most dis-heartening week in the clubs history.

I really don't think I will bother on Saturday, just doesn't seem important or fun anymore

Totally agree. Although personally whilst I'm not defending him, I'm not particularly bothered about him being in the room either.

Naive and ill advised - sure. Disrespectful to his girlfriend - certainly. But ultimately the only person he is hurting in any way via his mere presence in the room is his girlfriend, and that's a private matter.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

On a side note do you reckon Oldham Council will be making a bomb in parking fines with the permit zone around BP?

James Whitehead @Jay_whitehead87 · 2h 2 hours ago

On a serious note are #ombc gonna split the profits made today on the tv crews parked on furtherwood rd with #oafc #webringthemyoubookthem

Totally agree. Although personally whilst I'm not defending him, I'm not particularly bothered about him being in the room either.

Naive and ill advised - sure. Disrespectful to his girlfriend - certainly. But ultimately the only person he is hurting in any way via his mere presence in the room is his girlfriend, and that's a private matter.

It's a little bit predatory though int it

Nicely put. This is why I think the mob rule that has stopped this is so disgusting. I feel deeply ashamed and sickened by the vile reactions of so many, sadly, some on this board but many more on social media in general as well as the two faced politicians and police chiefs etc.

Add to that the sheer incompetence of our Board and this has been the most dis-heartening week in the clubs history.

I really don't think I will bother on Saturday, just doesn't seem important or fun anymore

Disappointed with the club for giving into the mob but also disappointed with some people on here. There's the odd character you expect it from but there's a lot of we'll respected, reasonable and smart people on this forum who have suddenly decided they can't think for them selves or use any sort of reason. They have discriminated against him and are in the same league as the social media mob that have partly brought round this whole change of heart.

We look absolutely ridiculous now. At least if we saw it through we would have stuck to our convictions and backed what we started and claimed to believe in. I feel we would have saved a lot of face with a lot of people by following it through

Disappointed with the club for giving into the mob but also disappointed with some people on here. There's the odd character you expect it from but there's a lot of we'll respected, reasonable and smart people on this forum who have suddenly decided they can't think for them selves or use any sort of reason. They have discriminated against him and are in the same league as the social media mob that have partly brought round this whole change of heart.

We look absolutely ridiculous now. At least if we saw it through we would have stuck to our convictions and backed what we started and claimed to believe in. I feel we would have saved a lot of face with a lot of people by following it through

I sincerely hope you're not pigeonholing all anti-Evans supporters with that statement. Not wanting an unrepentant sex offender to represent the football club you support is a perfectly reasonable stance to take.

Problem is all the anti evans brigade take common sense as meaning people are condoning his actions and defending him

As far as I see no one has said he's innocent just questioned his guilt.

Let's steer clear of any further analysis of the case, please.

But I do want to just add, as part of the 'anti-Ched brigade' that I don't think anyone in favour of him signing is necessarily condoning his actions or defending him and I find your assertion that your opinion is common sense and mine isn't a tad difficult to swallow.

I didn't/don't want him to be a Latics player because he's a convicted rapist. It's not for me to analyse the case or to question the verdict that the jury reached and that the Court of Appeal didn't feel should be overturned. Whether you like it or not, he was convicted of rape. That's a fact, not an opinion. And I don't want my club to have rapist turning out for them.