Oldham v Doncaster (FA Cup 2nd Round)

No concessions for this game, e mailed the club and it seems anyone over 16 pays the full £20 where as for league games the latics student card gets you in for £12. It might not seem like a lot but would this put off some of those with the student card.[/quote

It put both my lads off £20 for a 16 year old at college is a joke!!

Edited by oafcforever

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Stevie_J, December 7, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Stevie_J, December 7, 2014 - No reason given

We had this a few weeks ago..how is it you never hear of other clubs having these recurring viruses?

:censored:s sake bore off and have a wank over some young boy running with a ball on youtube.

It put both my lads off £20 for a 16 year old at college is a joke!!

One of the things a fans' organisation could start is an "increase concessions age to 18 and under" campaign.

Given that the vast majority of 16-18 year olds are non-earners this would be the fair.

Do we have such a fans organisation?

One of the things a fans' organisation could start is an "increase concessions age to 18 and under" campaign.

Given that the vast majority of 16-18 year olds are non-earners this would be the fair.

Been at the club years ago about this. No proper transition between 16 and adult therefore that age group can't afford to go and drop off the fans base. The club just don't get it.

Why can't we just accept that football is a very competitive industry. There will be ups and downs,good days bad days and just because we have found a formula that is working better than normal we don't have a divine right to win every game. Give doncaster credit they deserved to win on the day, better chances than us,disappointing as it is let's move on.

I've also emailed the club about this before. Personally I believe every club should have student prices (indeed most actually do). It would be anyone under the age of 18 or with a valid student card to get in for a reduced price. I simply can't afford to go to BP. The price of travel is a lot anyway without having to stump up 20 quid for the match. I know they do a student membership scheme but they really ought to have pay on the day student rates as it does put many in that age range off attending.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Stevie_J, December 7, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Stevie_J, December 7, 2014 - No reason given

:censored:s sake bore off and have a wank over some young boy running with a ball on youtube.

Moderators please can you ban this person, these remarks the uncalled for and if this is the kind of post you are going to allow I will be unsubscribing.

This goes beyond normal banter and may indeed be reportable to the the police.

Edited by BP1960

We had this a few weeks ago..how is it you never hear of other clubs having these recurring viruses?

Oh come on; behave.

I mean, there's a fine line between posting 20 posts of negativity on a thread after a rare off day and loss, and then there's putting out something like the above.

I mean, come on BP; i'd like to think you're better than that. A new poster would be likely accussed of trolling for less than you've done on this thread....

We lost a game, and didnt reach the heights we have done previously this season. It's not the end the world, no-one had died and; IMO - yet again; you're going way over the top with your disecting of the game and moany posting.

We lost. We didnt play as well as we can do, and a few had off days. It happens sometimes. Move on to next week eh? That's what most will be doing.

Or - if all else fails; you could blame the winter cold, the temperature drop or LJ's choice of sweater: its up to you...

My observations on this game were made before LJs comments and basically the same, except I wasn't as harsh as the manager on Winchester, In the manger's case though thats just warranted criticism I suppose ?

Edited by BP1960

Having gone out of the jpt this was the most important game so far. I think everyone knew it and were over careful - there was a lot of taking two touches where one would have been best. Winchester seemed to need time on the ball so that he could decide what to do next - he is best when he doesn't think. Poleon opened up the defence and then instead of crossing or shooting took another touch - it is so frustrating to watch. On the day Donny were the better side and Paddy Kenny made two exceptional saves. Pity about the mix up and the own goal.

The game was important simply because to keep this team together we needed the cash generated from a cup run either jpt or fa cup would do. It is no longer the case where owners can buy success - we are stuck with financial fair play and with our league gates, have a below average budget for this division. I suspect we are already spending the maximum possible so this result means we will have to sell in January if we are to keep players loaned until then, unless we pay nothing for them. Having to sell means we will get less money. The result is a disaster. I still think LJ can get us to sixth spot but it is going to be much more difficult. I hope it won't make him think twice when another club asks for his services - it is just a matter of time.

Edited by Hands on

The game was important simply because to keep this team together we needed the cash generated from a cup run either jpt or fa cup would do

Not really true. SC stated that the sports direct deal makes us competetive at the top end, also crowds will go up if we are challenging as proven by 1000+ away crowds on five occassions already. Having made his statement SC now needs to back himself....

The game was important simply because to keep this team together we needed the cash generated from a cup run either jpt or fa cup would do. It is no longer the case where owners can buy success - we are stuck with financial fair play and with our league gates, have a below average budget for this division. I suspect we are already spending the maximum possible so this result means we will have to sell in January if we are to keep players loaned until then, unless we pay nothing for them. Having to sell means we will get less money. The result is a disaster. I still think LJ can get us to sixth spot but it is going to be much more difficult. I hope it won't make him think twice when another club asks for his services - it is just a matter of time.

Good post and I can see where you are coming from, but I'm fairly certain that I've seen an interview from LJ saying that there will be incomings and outgoings in January anyway. Given his past record in transfer windows it seems likely that we'll lose a few first teamers but LJ has shown that he can find adequate replacements the majority of the time. Granted losing the potential 3rd round cup money will make it harder to find quality but the key thing will be how well the squad we have come February 1st connects and gets used to each other.

I hope we haven't budgeted relying on a 3rd round appearance.

Would be a bit dangerous to base a years spending on winning two games where you don't know who the opposition will be and hoping for a money spinning tie after winning both games. I know we have successfully managed to do so the past few years but it's never a guarantee.

Who are our sellable assets apart fron James Wilson, anyway?

Did anyone else notice their "Supporters' Liasion Officers" who were standing around the away entrance in their branded jackets? Considering our supporters liasion is officially Jenny and we also have Barry, I can't recall seeing either at an away game in ages and away games are the games they are likely to be needed, perhaps either or both, or even we actually appoint someone who isn't a club employee into the role, can do something similar at the next few away games?

Would be a bit dangerous to base a years spending on winning two games where you don't know who the opposition will be and hoping for a money spinning tie after winning both games. I know we have successfully managed to do so the past few years but it's never a guarantee.

We never have done up until now so I doubt it. Our saleable assets are Wilson, Mills, Kelly, Jones, Forte, Winch and Phil.

If we have budgeted for a 3rd round appearance then we are stupid, we could easily have gotten Bristol City away in the first round, and been knocked out. Or if we had gotten to the 3rd round there's over a 50% chance that we wouldn't have gotten a big money-spinning tie, anyway. The last few years we've been lucky with the FA cup, that run was always likely to end, this year at least it gives us the opportunity to concentrate on the league; and our play-off/promotion push.

Makes me chuckle reading all the talk of cup distractions, a potential million pound game at Old Trafford or the Emirates shouldnt be sniffed at and would be played on the 3rd Jan when we will now have a free weekend, Im hoping the best result from this weekend will be the kick up the arse a few at the club need, there will be a lot of team turning up at ours playing in exactly the same style as Donny playing for a draw and trying to nick a win we need to find a way of playing against them as packing the centre of the park wont be the answer.

Makes me chuckle reading all the talk of cup distractions, a potential million pound game at Old Trafford or the Emirates shouldnt be sniffed at and would be played on the 3rd Jan when we will now have a free weekend, Im hoping the best result from this weekend will be the kick up the arse a few at the club need, there will be a lot of team turning up at ours playing in exactly the same style as Donny playing for a draw and trying to nick a win we need to find a way of playing against them as packing the centre of the park wont be the answer.

Why will we have a free weekend on the 3rd Jan? Nothing is set in stone.