Oldham v Doncaster (FA Cup 2nd Round)

Video highlights below;

Poor defending from B Wilson initially in not getting close to his man. Kenny should probably have done better and cant really blame Kusunga for the own goal.

LJ is bemused (very critical of Winchester), well he needs to look at some of his players and make sure they get some crosses into the box to give the strikers a chance instead of fiddling about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30256710

The whole team were poor today but LJ is correct about Winchester he's very weak and doesn't possess a football brain....he has plenty of the ball and can retain possession very well but he lacks drive and does absolutely nothing with it, his attacking instincts are zero and he is no threat whatsoever.

We missed Jones today who in my opinion has been player of the season....get him back next week and we can kick on.

Edited by oafc1955

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole team were poor today but LJ is correct about Whittaker he's very weak and doesn't possess a football brain....he has plenty of the ball and can retain possession very well but he lacks drive and does absolutely nothing with it, his attacking instincts are zero and he is no threat whatsoever.

We missed Jones today who in my opinion has been player of the season....get him back next week and we can kick on.

Caspers long gone lol

The whole team were poor today but LJ is correct about Whittaker he's very weak and doesn't possess a football brain....he has plenty of the ball and can retain possession very well but he lacks drive and does absolutely nothing with it, his attacking instincts are zero and he is no threat whatsoever.

I know it was cold today, but I'm sure I didn't see Whittaker on the pitch.

Video highlights below;

Poor defending from B Wilson initially in not getting close to his man. Kenny should probably have done better and cant really blame Kusunga for the own goal.

LJ is bemused (very critical of Winchester), well he needs to look at some of his players and make sure they get some crosses into the box to give the strikers a chance instead of fiddling about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30256710

Not sure that singling out players for criticism in interviews is the way forward - he obviously has a problem with Winchester but does he really have to make it so obvious? Can't say I've heard him publicly tear a strip off Poleon who's been consistently awful. Instead it's the Schmeltz and Joksts 'work in progress' syndrome.

I find it strange players are dropped or have to move positions when playing well (Dieng at centre back for example) and in previous games, Kusunga at right back) to accommodate players who haven't earned their place (B Wilson, Elokobi).

Will Kusunga (who did ok today) now be the fall guy when J Wilson returns ?

Edited by BP1960

Did Winchester do that much wrong in the first half ? I thought he did well in both halfs of the pitch, for me as he is someone the gaffers not brought in he is an easy target and as usual is the go to player when he wants a rant, Poleon for a player who commanded a decent fee is a very worrying situation, coming off the bench he offers nothing and you have to wonder how he and Rhys Turner would fit into a system we play, Im not a great lover of having all these players who play a variety of roles and positions, conntinuity is what we need not back to the old days of chop and change, most of our squad are League 1 players for a reason keep it simple and stop over thinking things.

Did Winchester do that much wrong in the first half ? I thought he did well in both halfs of the pitch, for me as he is someone the gaffers not brought in he is an easy target and as usual is the go to player when he wants a rant, Poleon for a player who commanded a decent fee is a very worrying situation, coming off the bench he offers nothing and you have to wonder how he and Rhys Turner would fit into a system we play, Im not a great lover of having all these players who play a variety of roles and positions, conntinuity is what we need not back to the old days of chop and change, most of our squad are League 1 players for a reason keep it simple and stop over thinking things.

And what about a striker who can't even make the bench, Bolton must be pleased about that.

And what about a striker who can't even make the bench, Bolton must be pleased about that.

To be fair LJ said he was having a look at him...I don't think Bolton expected him to play many games.

I would imagine we aren't paying anything towards his salary.

To be fair LJ said he was having a look at him...I don't think Bolton expected him to play many games.

I would imagine we aren't paying anything towards his salary.

Waste of a loanee then.

Edited by BP1960

Sounds like our first very poor performance for a while.

Hope we can at least scrap our way to a win next week, following up today with a defeat next week would be concerning.

I wouldn't say it was a poor performance, just too much fiddling about when directness was needed.

Edited by BP1960

For Whittaker read Winchester! Absolute waste of space, I know some have raved on about him, especially on this board, but absolutely useless!

That Dickov eh, totally useless he is...

Did a job on us today,much like Ronnie Moore has done in the past,done his homework and didnt let us play.

Back to Poleon, to me hes the new Jermaine Johnson,the moment he has an extra second to think about it he goes to pieces not got a Football brain.

Clearly not a Kusunga own goal.

The number 5 on the scorer's back and lack of orange boots being the subtle clue.

Elokobi took a few games to settle at the start of the season. So not too surprised he wasn't on top form.

Winchester? Wasn't great but neither were 7 or 8 others. Poleon didn't exactly stake a claim when he replaced him.

On LP Roy said that another virus had gone round the squad this week resulting in Jones being too ill to play, maybe a few of the other players were feeling the after effects.

We had this a few weeks ago..how is it you never hear of other clubs having these recurring viruses?

Edited by BP1960