Oldham v Doncaster (FA Cup 2nd Round)

Okay we have an outside chance of playing Rochdale, third round of FA Cup after promotion should be the biggest priority its our only chance of a substantial pay day, difference yesterrday was Doncaster played it like a cup final we thought we could turn up play pretty football and be in the hat for the next round and as fans we know the cup games dont pan out like that.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh it's nice to see that the good old over reactionary owtb.co.uk is back with a bang!

BP1960 generally your posts are well considered but you really have gone well over the top off the back of 1 performance......each to their own I suppose

I also give praise when its due, Mills was excellent yesterday.

Don't understand keep playing Forte through the middle when he is blatantly more effective from the left.

He was out on the left but in the second half as Mills was bombing down the wing at will it took some of his game away from him,I did notice him at the back stick isolated a couple of times when we attacked down the right but nobody had it in them from that flank to drive the ball over to him or even in his general direction.

One of the things a fans' organisation could start is an "increase concessions age to 18 and under" campaign.

Given that the vast majority of 16-18 year olds are non-earners this would be the fair.

Do we have such a fans organisation?

Been at the club years ago about this. No proper transition between 16 and adult therefore that age group can't afford to go and drop off the fans base. The club just don't get it.

I've also emailed the club about this before. Personally I believe every club should have student prices (indeed most actually do). It would be anyone under the age of 18 or with a valid student card to get in for a reduced price. I simply can't afford to go to BP. The price of travel is a lot anyway without having to stump up 20 quid for the match. I know they do a student membership scheme but they really ought to have pay on the day student rates as it does put many in that age range off attending.

There is a system for this where you buy a student card at the start of the season for £13 that entitles you to get in for concessions prices, although I'd advise against it considering I was never once asked to show it on the turnstiles all season. No idea why your own student card on the door won't do...

In truth you can just hand in a tenner at the turnstiles and fortunately the operators are more in touch than the club.

Edited by NewBlue

Makes me chuckle reading all the talk of cup distractions, a potential million pound game at Old Trafford or the Emirates shouldnt be sniffed at and would be played on the 3rd Jan when we will now have a free weekend

Yes, but you could also draw Brentford away. We are where we are - it's an opportunity, albeit born out of disappointment.

Thought we missed Mike Jones yesterday. Our midfield wasn't nearly as slick or free passing with him in it.

As has been said previously, there was lots of frustrating moments where we tried to do too much with the ball and squandered opportunities. Winchester was most guilty of this, I think his lack of confidence on his left foot lets him down and he just misses that killer instinct.

For me, Forte needs to be on the left. Jabo wasn't nearly as effective as he was at Sheffield Utd, I'd have liked to seen Danny up there next to him.

Would have loved a big day out in the 3rd round, but que sara.

We got bullied. Simple as that. They won every loose ball and every 50/50. Players bitching out of tackles.

Wilson had an off day, I do prefer kusunga at right back myself.

I'd drop philliskirk for home games, just seems to slow us down and doesn't create much, plays better away from home.

Service to the strikers was dreadful, especially from wide positions!

We went long ball to often.

Poleon is :censored:.

But it's not a disaster and we move on.

Just pray now that we don't drop off the pace of top 6 because that would make January onwards very boring!

Interesting from LJ:

"It is disappointing because you can use the financial side to add a couple to the squad so it looks like we will have to maybe stick with the same squad or reduce and that's just the way it is."

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/cup-exit-angers-johnson-2128956.aspx#q5SpmKcoUZThyKRw.99

Interesting from LJ:

"It is disappointing because you can use the financial side to add a couple to the squad so it looks like we will have to maybe stick with the same squad or reduce and that's just the way it is."

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/cup-exit-angers-johnson-2128956.aspx#q5SpmKcoUZThyKRw.99

"I feel like there is punishment needed for that one so I'll determine what it will be. I don't think there was enough going on verbally or physically so there will be some form of punishment," the boss commented.
"They will have to lick their wounds and get ready for Saturday because I don't want to stand for that".

Makes it sound like a dozen lashes. :towork:

It was a disaster! LJ has confirmed that we can't now add to the squad. He also hints at reducing the squad, something that will happen when Jabo and Johnson go in January.

We played Preston first half with four changes and that didn't work. We played Donny with just two, Jones and Wilson, missing and that didn't work. The talk about having the best squad for years now appears misleading and I suspect LJ was planning to improve the side in January.

I still hope for sixth place but it is going to be a lot harder now. The team has failed in two games where it really mattered which does not bode well when we get to the sharp end of the season.

It was a disaster! LJ has confirmed that we can't now add to the squad. He also hints at reducing the squad, something that will happen when Jabo and Johnson go in January.

We played Preston first half with four changes and that didn't work. We played Donny with just two, Jones and Wilson, missing and that didn't work. The talk about having the best squad for years now appears misleading and I suspect LJ was planning to improve the side in January.

I still hope for sixth place but it is going to be a lot harder now. The team has failed in two games where it really mattered which does not bode well when we get to the sharp end of the season.

It's not a disaster - going out of the JPT can never be classed as such.

Ibhere 1 goal in 8 games, no sleep to be missed if he stays or goes.

League table suggests this is the best squad we have had in years.