Oldham v Doncaster (FA Cup 2nd Round)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think an appropriate moment of appreciation for Mr Dickov pre-kick off is in order.

He came. He tried. He failed. But he beat Liverpool as the door slammed into his arse on the way out.

Anything after the game starts is fair game, but a little respect beforehand wouldn't cost anything.

This. I would clap ever so hard.

Dave Penney on the other hand just deserves the clap.

Why does Furman deserve the booing, as a few people have said?

We wanted him out to get the money for Korey Smith on loan.

We were happy for him to leave because he was away for the African Cup of Nations and one booking away from suspension - as Corney explained at the time.

And I'm sure he wasn't averse to moving to a club on verge of getting promotion. Who wouldn't be?

It suited both parties but most importantly, it suited us. And we stayed up.

Had he refused to leave (hail the loyal hero), then got booked or injured alongside his Cup of Nations exploits, and we'd have ended up going down (and then he'd have moved on...!) - what would ppl be saying about him then?

Ah Furman. The famous judas myth.

Ah Furman. The famous judas myth.

He said he wanted out. It's not exactly a great captain's attribute.

While the club could have forced him to stay they chose to maximise the loan fee and promotion bonus.

While I'm not particularly fussed two years on it was a situation of Furman's making.

A 5 second clap is hardly a love in.

I think that is the least he deserves he tried his heart out for us and has nothing but affection for his time here-"I have fantastic memories of my time there. My last game at home was the FA Cup win over Liverpool.

"There's no expectation on you and nine times out of 10 you will get beat but you just hope that day will be the one. It was a fantastic occasion and it's my best achievement as a manager so far."

Without going into the rights or wrongs we got adverse publicity for the scenes at Rochdale and generous applause for Dickov would be a good way of showing the many great things about OAFC- Then lets us give the Donnies a good beating on the pitch!

We love you Oldham

Just spotted this quality piece of journalism on the BBC. Thought I'd quote it before it disappears

Oldham defender James Wilson is suspended after collecting five yellow cards, but fellow centre-back George Elokobi has returned to full training.

Jabo Ibehre (thigh) is a doubt but captain Adam Lockwood (knee) and Rhys Turner (hamstring) are out.

Doncaster Rovers have fitness concerns over midfielders James Coppinger and Paul Keegan and defender Enda Stephens.

Theo Robinson is likely to keep his place up front after scoring against Barnsley on Tuesday.

The game will be the first time Paul Dickov has faced Oldham since he left the Latics in February 2013.

Dont think Kusunga could do much about it, could he?

Elokobi's awful clearance led to the goal, my heart was in my mouth whenever he went near the ball today, looks out of shape.

Poor performance from B Wilson too,he had numerous chances to put the ball into the opposition box yet chose to pass back or hit the first man. Not many played well, very dissapointed after last week by Philliskirk's virtual disappearance in the second half.