Gordon Taylor (Pfa) Comments, And Calling For Him To Resign

Gordon Taylor, chairman of the PFA has likened the Ched Evans case to that of Hillsborough.

Whilst us Oldham fans were clearly split on the Ched Evans case, I think that we can join together in condemning these comments. His has said he is "extremely sorry", but I do not think that is enough. I have called upon him to resign, his comment are a appalling.

I have started a petiton calling on him to resign Iask you to sign it.

https://www.change.org/p/gordon-taylor-chairman-of-pfa-gordon-taylor-resign-for-your-hillsborough-comments-in-the-wake-of-the-ched-evans-case

To be fair, when you see the quote in context, he wasn't really comparing Ched Evans' plight to that of the Hillsborough Families. He was trying to say that Court findings can sometimes be overturned or turn out to be wrong, but did it in a very clumsy and cack-handed way. Retraction and apology sufficient in my opinion. Having said that, the point he was making was a bit of a duff one because as things stand the verdict of the Court is clear.

mr taylor has had a very difficult week personally as his mother died and her funeral was also this week .

in these circumstances he has had to cope with multi media pressure and calls for interviews when I imagine he just wants to go home and rest .

he was saying that although ched evans has been found guilty of rape he has appealed his conviction and as in the case of the Hillsborough disaster where the the fans were initially found guilty it was subsequently found that others were to blame . in other words what seems to be the facts can change .

the only people who can demand his resignation are the PFA who employ him

To be fair, when you see the quote in context, he wasn't really comparing Ched Evans' plight to that of the Hillsborough Families. He was trying to say that Court findings can sometimes be overturned or turn out to be wrong, but did it in a very clumsy and cack-handed way. Retraction and apology sufficient in my opinion. Having said that, the point he was making was a bit of a duff one because as things stand the verdict of the Court is clear.

If he cannot make his points clearly then he is not fit for the position

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Gordon Taylor, chairman of the PFA has likened the Ched Evans case to that of Hillsborough.

Whilst us Oldham fans were clearly split on the Ched Evans case, I think that we can join together in condemning these comments. His has said he is "extremely sorry", but I do not think that is enough. I have called upon him to resign, his comment are a appalling.

https://www.change.org/p/gordon-taylor-chairman-of-pfa-gordon-taylor-resign-for-your-hillsborough-comments-in-the-wake-of-the-ched-evans-case

For heavens sake! - whatever happened to tolerance- i heard it the way the other response did - and while it could have been better put or not put. It hardly calls for a resignation or another stupid petition- I will sign it to add my view but let us not hope we are no starting another witchhunt- No one is ever satisfied unless they see heads rolling.

Can we concentrate on supporting the Latics -

If you want to hold a position like the head of the PFA then you have to be able to hold a press conference and at the same time not allow you to sound like a total moron.... He failed this test...

Saying that... I don't really give a rats arse about the PFA... Not really an issue in my life. Its up to Footballers to protest if they don't want the silly billy representing them.

Edited by oafc0000

I don't like Gordon Taylor, I really don't, but I :censored:ing despair sometimes!!

The mob rides again!

What bollocks ,

The world has now gone mad , can't say anything anymore without some plank taking offence.

The guy was making a legit point that not everyone found guilty is guilty - ie Hillsborough , Birmingham 6 , Guildford 4 etc etc .

Just because a plank like you can't see the context of the remarks so you start this drivel.

Grow up and get a life.People are being shot dead at work for gods sake (whoops that will offend somebody !!!!!!!! )

What bollocks ,

The world has now gone mad , can't say anything anymore without some plank taking offence.

The guy was making a legit point that not everyone found guilty is guilty - ie Hillsborough , Birmingham 6 , Guildford 4 etc etc .

Just because a plank like you can't see the context of the remarks so you start this drivel.

Grow up and get a life.People are being shot dead at work for gods sake (whoops that will offend somebody !!!!!!!! )

If anyone is a plank I think it is Mr Taylor he has since apologised for his comments

This really is getting pathetic

Complete codswallop and balderdash!

For all the reasons already stated on this thread

Everyone grab handfulls of stones and head off down to the Pfa offices, let's pelt him to bloody death just because people take out of context what he was saying!

He was merely saying that what appears cut and dried can sometimes be totally different in the fullness of time, the fact that the Hillsborough tragedy will always be extremely painfull to many people makes the very mention of it unpalatable to some.

mr taylor has had a very difficult week personally as his mother died and her funeral was also this week .

in these circumstances he has had to cope with multi media pressure and calls for interviews when I imagine he just wants to go home and rest .

he was saying that although ched evans has been found guilty of rape he has appealed his conviction and as in the case of the Hillsborough disaster where the the fans were initially found guilty it was subsequently found that others were to blame . in other words what seems to be the facts can change .

the only people who can demand his resignation are the PFA who employ him

What bollocks ,

They are not the same at all.

Who in Hillsborough was prosecuted and found guilty, and then found to be not guilty? It's insulting.

All the examples given, and the Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4 are better examples, had malicious Authority intervention and cover up.

Ched Evans had none of that.

But, I thank GrahamB for bringing a very valid point in about his mother.

He should have got someone else to speak. But contiritonally, I accept the point it was a very difficult time so I will not pursue discission on this.

Edited by singe