Lee Johnson - A Great Credit To Oafc

I found his post match interview so uplifting and it was nice to see a manager able to smile about the shocking officiating that had helped to ruin the comeback party against Doncaster.

But as always he always looks for positives and he could not have put on a better interview. He was also right, the all round response fro the players and fans was simply fantastic.

I also thought his conduct throughout the events of the last week were excellent diplomacy and he avoided getting caught up in the thing.

Of course he still has a lot to learn and will always have detractors but i think we are lucky to have a man of his calibre.

To be fair a manager with more experience and we see that game out.

He's a good manager for us, I think he'll go on to be an excellent manager, but ufortunately we're the club he's learning with and we have to accept the mistakes here and there.

He did us proud this week!

....He was also right, the all round response fro the players and fans was simply fantastic.....

If anything good came out of last week's debacle under the world's media spotlight, it was the eagerness of the fans on Saturday to show their support for the team, from the moment the players came down the steps, and the players' efforts to get the 2-0 lead could not have been appreciated more.

The fact that it ended as 'typical Latics' reassures us that, while there will be repercussions, nothing has really changed for those who are sentenced to Latics for life.

He was part of the massive misjudgement that last week was.

He's played the press brilliantly to come out smelling of roses when he's probably the one who triggered the whole :censored:storm.

I agree. I reckon he was a main driver of the :censored:storm, but he's earned the right to some peace so he can live and learn. And if any credit can be attached to the board last week, they largeley kept the manager and the team away from the :censored:storm. The board is full of no-coming-back shame and disgrace, but at least they did that. At no point did Corney or Joy or even Barry, the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world at deflecting blame, say: "This is a footballing decision, to be taken by the manager alone. The manager wants his striker and we're doing our best to get him."

(Based on absolutely nothing) my take on it is that he said no when Barry first floated the idea - as did a few others, possibly even Corney himself.

Barry persisted, people started to come round to the hair brained idea, Johnson included.

Johnson was eventually onside but only if he was kept a million miles away from it in the eyes of the fans and media.

After 18 years of :censored: I can live with a bit of a Machiavellian streak in a manager.....

(Based on absolutely nothing) my take on it is that he said no when Barry first floated the idea - as did a few others, possibly even Corney himself.

Barry persisted, people started to come round to the hair brained idea, Johnson included.

Johnson was eventually onside but only if he was kept a million miles away from it in the eyes of the fans and media.

After 18 years of :censored: I can live with a bit of a Machiavellian streak in a manager.....

This is pretty much how it sits with me, we are all guessing and I suppose we will only really know LJ's involvement when he brings out his book in about twenty years time.

This is pretty much how it sits with me, we are all guessing and I suppose we will only really know LJ's involvement when he brings out his book in about twenty years time.

This tale will get longer and less accurate in the telling, from all sides. In 20 years, Johnson's side of it will bear absolutely no relation to what actually happened. That's why solid information at the time of a crisis is priceless.

Don't think that assessment is miles wrong.

Although he has gone down in my estimation for agreeing with it (but I acknowledge he then played a PR blinder) but not having the balls to say he was happy with it.

Who I took umbrage at, were all those blaming the Board, saying the Board forced him to take the player.

Edited by singe

Surely now is the time for us all to move on, as the team did without the need to keep raking over the ashes and trying to find out whodunnit- It is all now history, OAFC players seem to have moved on- lets us all move on and get behind the team we all love.

You're right. Some things still need sorting out though, starting with the Trust. It's our share in the club and it's been misruled and mistreated for too long. It's especially important to get the Trust sorted because you can bet your last farthing that, right now, Corney will take the first opportunity to get out.

Surely now is the time for us all to move on, as the team did without the need to keep raking over the ashes and trying to find out whodunnit- It is all now history, OAFC players seem to have moved on- lets us all move on and get behind the team we all love.

I agree,

You raking up Lee Johnson being saintly about this.

The Chron now reports, a full week later, that Johnson said "Of course I was consulted" (Thank the lord, I never doubted it). But this is the same Lee Johnson that said he would conduct "Due Diligence" and "would not sign a player who would disrupt the team".

I agree,

You raking up Lee Johnson being saintly about this.

The Chron now reports, a full week later, that Johnson said "Of course I was consulted" (Thank the lord, I never doubted it). But this is the same Lee Johnson that said he would conduct "Due Diligence" and "would not sign a player who would disrupt the team".

I am not sure what point you are trying to make? Is there any reason a manager would not be consulted ? of course not!

Move on and get behind the team, if you are less comfortable about LJ fine, but he is clearly the best man for the job and I don't think he has any case to answer.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make? Is there any reason a manager would not be consulted ? of course not!

Move on and get behind the team, if you are less comfortable about LJ fine, but he is clearly the best man for the job and I don't think he has any case to answer.

fine, but you agree to tone down spouting stuff like "no case to answer" and other such blinkered stuff, and I will.

Barry Barry Barry Barry...............................................FFS!!

Talk about blinkered.

Lets hope Corney finds a decent buyer. This is OAFC, so within 3 years they'll be pissed off too.

Edited by Lags