B. Wilson

J. Wilson

Dieng

Elokobi

Kelly

Winchester Jones

Philliskirk

Poleon (replaced by AMS after 70 minutes) Forte

I think we're really going to miss Millsy and his runs down the wing, can't see Elokobi or Mellor doing the same to a similar effect. Wouldn't mind seeing Jabo back, he had a couple of superb games for us and I'm not sure many of us think Poleon is ready to step into a full time starting position.

Poleon's best game for Latics was against Fleetwood at home - his debut - if that's any way to justify him playing. I'm really clutching at straws to find reasons for Poleon to even get on as a sub, never mind a start in a big game. Maybe his pace will be an asset away from home.

Mills will be a huge miss especially for his set piece deliveries.

Poleon's best game for Latics was against Fleetwood at home - his debut - if that's any way to justify him playing. I'm really clutching at straws to find reasons for Poleon to even get on as a sub, never mind a start in a big game. Maybe his pace will be an asset away from home.

Mills will be a huge miss especially for his set piece deliveries.

On this last point, set pieces on Saturday were the best I've seen in a long time at Latics. George could have had a hat trick.

Poleon needs a run of games with no striker atm its time for him to step up. The best football i have seen this season is against Preston in the JPT forte left philly middle poleon on the right

I prefer Forte on the left, getting in behind the fullback and getting crosses in.

Where's Kusunga? B. Wilson has been gash for a while now so would be happy to see Brown back in if no Genseric.

Kusunga was the fall guy for Decembers horrendous run of results, although looking back now perhaps the reason for those poor team performances was the goings on behind the scenes. Might be worth giving Genseric another chance.

Kusunga was the fall guy for Decembers horrendous run of results, although looking back now perhaps the reason for those poor team performances was the goings on behind the scenes. Might be worth giving Genseric another chance.

I don't think possibly signing Ched Evans made Eric keep falling over.

He was individually dire in some collective poor performances.

On this last point, set pieces on Saturday were the best I've seen in a long time at Latics. George could have had a hat trick.

Yes but we were playing a Paul Dickov side, we know full well just how bad a Paul Dickov side can be when defending wide set-pieces (including corners).

My team

Chubs

B.Wilson

Dieng

J.Wilson

Elokobi

Kelly

Winchester Jones Forte

Philly Poleon

Elokobi has played Left back in the premier league so should be able to fill in for mills suspension, we have other options such as Brown and Mellor.

Poleon maybe doesnt deserve to start but maybe give him a run of games and we could see the best of him ? Also have AMS who can coe on and cause problems in the last 20

Poleon maybe doesnt deserve to start but maybe give him a run of games and we could see the best of him?

Personally I'm losing the faint hope I had that Poleon would go on to be a goalscorer. You can usually cling to one attribute that a young striker has - Matt Smith and his positioning or JCH and his powerful shooting, even in his cameos Rhys Turner has shown an element of directness that made it look like he has something about him - but with Poleon I'm not sure the lad has shown anything yet that would convince me he even could make a half decent striker.

It's funny because since seeing him tear us apart for Bury from the wing about 3 or 4 years ago he'd been one of those players you hoped would sign for your club.

I'm hoping like you that it's a lack of confidence and a need for a run of games but he's just been very very poor, and until he improves his general play the manager will be very hesistant about giving him a start. Also looks very volatile and I've been worried he could be sent off on a few occasions.

I'd be recalling Jack Truelove from his stint at Colwyn Bay, what's the point in having a youth team and bringing our own through ? If an opportunity arises get them in, he plays the position week in week out and with no reserve team how are we ever going to know if he is good enough if he isn't given the chance, why would you play a player who struggles for us in his regular position out of position in front of a squad member who plays left back week in week out, if he doesn't play Saturday release him because he ids never going to get a game for us.

The next 4 games are as good a time as any to give some of the fringe players chances to prove themselves. If they do well then great, if not then we can look to replace them before the end of the window. Players like Brown, Poleon, Dayton, Morgan-Smith, possibly even Mellor in a central midfield role should be chomping at the bit to be given a chance.

As for formation, the diamond seemed to well on Saturday but I wouldn't be surprised to see Forte play wider if Elokobi or Brown fill in at left back, as big George or Connor aren't likely to offer as much as Mills going forwards.

So here's my team, with possible alternatives in brackets:

Rachubka

B Wilson (Brown)

J Wilson

Elokobi (Dieng)

Brown (Elokobi)

Kelly

Winchester (Dayton if we play wingers)

Jones

Philliskirk

Poleon (Morgan-Smith)

Forte

Is Kusunga available? If so he'd certainly be in contention for either right back or centre back positions.