An Open Letter To Barry Owen (And His Friends, Family And Legal Representatives):

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks 24.... I agree, total wiping of the slate....your trust come make an impact...trust the trust...

may I ask you as fan, does it concern you or maybe give you more belief that two of the playershare committee team have since volunteered as co-opted members of the trust in order to help

Thanks

I'm still unhappy following the Trust statement. It's a very tricky situation. A lot of the beef was with Barry's running of the trust, not the trust. Evans week was the last straw for me, which is why I went digging.

I'm sure Barry did good things but those aren't widely known and some of them can't be widely known while Corney remains. I don't think Barry handled his role as fans rep very well, and in my view his performance in this role deteriorated over time. I'm in the school of thinking that that would have happened whoever was in charge (hence the need for guaranteed turnover at the top). It was impossible to remove him by any democratic mechanism. I don't even think he'd have resigned if the stuff LL and I uncovered had come to light sooner.

My view is that the new trust regime has to do its bit to wipe the slate clean and go again. I didn't see enough of that in the statement. I've told Rick I'll speak to him about what I see as certain inconsistencies in the statement in the first instance, which I'll do next week if we both have time. We'll probably start with a discussion of the meaning of the word "rumours").

First a red fleece live on TV, now this.

No seriously, I'm a bit lost for words if this is true. He's had 10 years to come and firefight anything that's been said on here and put any stories to bed but he's nowhere to be seen when the :censored: hits the fan. Now he's no longer 'director by supporters club' he's done it hiding behind a solicitor and showing his true colours.

Barry,

OWTB is a fans message board.

I'll admit a lot of us are idiots, a lot of us don't agree on things, a lot of us can't spell, a lot of us get things wrong, a lot of us say things that are the wrong side of normal, a lot of us think don't it is okay to sign convicted criminals, a lot of us do, a lot of us swear, a lot of us make jokes that aren't funny, a lot of us have negative opinions on the way the club is being run, a lot of us think prima donnas shouldn't be put in positions of power.

We all however have one thing in common, We love Oldham Athletic and want to see them do well, I'm sure at some point you did too. For us it isn't about money or a job it is about seeing our team, our town, our community do well. It is about having a club to be proud of.

A man of your standing (I'm sure you used to have a title that on paper meant you represented us fans) can see that surely?

If I was Mohammed Ali I'd call you an Uncle Tom. Sadly I am not Mohammed Ali so I'll just call you an idiot. Despite the best efforts of many, the fans are here to stay. Long may we prosper.

One Love

OAFC

How does withdrawing support for playershare give the club a shock?.....it's an idea born out of the trust and is run by a separate committee, who has non-trust members on it.

It's purpose is that every penny contribute goes into the account and stays there until the manager of OAFC request it. Any promotional stuff is paid for or contributed out of the pockets of the committee, the pin badges, the quarterly news letter, the offer on when we reach out 100th member that new member will get a prize.

At the moment we are contributing to one player a year....it's not like we we contributing a whole team.

Might make SC sit up and realise the alleged actions of his board member and his legal team is threatening the clubs fans.

'Much will have more', as my old Nan used to say.. Or was it 'too big for your boots?'

I can't physically go to games at the mo, my condition precludes me, but as a regular sponsor (in a past business life), the number of PR own goals coming out of the club and its 'officials' lately, would mean that, were I in a position to be a sponsor (of any degree), I think I'd do it but go sit in the stands rather than the sponsors lounge, for fear of unleashing my opinions to certain people.

We really need some independence on the board - and soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hasn't he been quiet?

Hasn't it been nice?

Hopefully LJ has told him/had him told in no uncertain terms to keep his foot as far away from his mouth as possible while things are on the verge of going very well.....

What if they have a very good relationship?