Tonight's Team

With yesterday's additions who would you start also with Mills coming back ? Considering everyone's fit this would be mine

Kean

Brown. Wilson. Elokobi. Mills

Kelly

Winchester. Jones

Philly

Wilkinson Forte

Subs

Coleman

Dieng

Wilson

Poleon

Murphy

Mellis

Lockwood

Edited by Markspark92

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Forte being wrapped in cotton wool and being on the bench again and Wilkinson coming straight in for Morgan Smith.

Poleon should stay in, if only to maintain & reward his recent improved attitude and application.

From what I've read I don't think Murphy is fit, is he?

Dropping Connor Brown would be harsh but he'll want a fresh Mills straight back in I'd imagine. On the one hand Brian Wilson could benefit from a rest but his experience would be valuable away from home....

We've just signed 2 strikers but the fullback positions are the one's causing the headache :grin:

Kean

Brown/Wilson

Wilson

Elokobi

Mills

Kelly

Jones

Winchester

Philliskirk

Poleon

Wilkinson

Edited by HarryBosch

Same team that started Saturday with Wilkinson in for the injured Morgan Smith and Mills at left back with either Connor or Brian at right. I would favour Brian if Winchester plays but Connor if Mellis gets a start. Start as a 4 5 1 and bring Forte on second half to seal the deal but he has to be left wing and not up front.

i'd be tempted to go mills ans brown at full backs which is tough on B.Wilson. He started off the most consistent but have seen some lesser performances of late...possibly from the Yeovil game where he didnt know where he was supposed to be.

Brown was outstanding on saturday and Mills has got somewhere near his best lately. I think you have to go with the form players. Not an easy decision though and, as above, someone not going to be happy.

I guess after a 3-0 win, mills being told he cant walk straight back into the team is likely to upset the least...but i get a feeling Brown may end up being the one.

I can see Forte being wrapped in cotton wool and being on the bench again and Wilkinson coming straight in for Morgan Smith.

Poleon should stay in, if only to maintain & reward his recent improved attitude and application.

From what I've read I don't think Murphy is fit, is he?

Dropping Connor Brown would be harsh but he'll want a fresh Mills straight back in I'd imagine. On the one hand Brian Wilson could benefit from a rest but his experience would be valuable away from home....

We've just signed 2 strikers but the fullback positions are the one's causing the headache :grin:

Kean

Brown/Wilson

Wilson

Elokobi

Mills

Kelly

Jones

Winchester

Philliskirk

Poleon

Wilkinson

Top scorer returns, plays well and bags a goal and gets a place on the bench?

But can see the sense...a fresh Forte coming on in the second half could be very dangerous

Top scorer returns, plays well and bags a goal and gets a place on the bench?

But can see the sense...a fresh Forte coming on in the second half could be very dangerous

Looking at it the other way - if he's fit start him.

He might walk into a coffee table at home on Thursday.

If Forte is 100% I'd start with him up top with Poleon. Brown deserves his place at the minute and Mills is a good player so that is a decision for the manager. If it was my decision to make I would probably put Brown on the right and bring Mills in. Wilson has looked a little out of form on the right but if we need to shore it up at the back late on he's a good option from the bench. If Forte can't last the full 90 then I would use him as an impact sub and start with Wilkinson but be prepared to give the partnership some time to develop.

But only for B Wilson, you cannot drop your in form player, that would be really bad for morale.

Im not being funny and i know many of you think I have a vendetta against a certain full back but if over the last 3 games he is our form player we are fooked and will get nothing tonight. The players would expect the best left back at the club who won the previous MOM awards on here (prior to suspension) to come straight back in. Morale would not be affected one single bit.

Edited by palmer1

. The players would expect the best left back at the club who won the previous MOM awards on here (prior to suspension) to come straight back in. Morale would not be affected one single bit.

Arguably he cost us two points last time he played so, who knows, maybe everyone is peed off with him and morale would be damaged if he walks straight back in...

Arguably he cost us two points last time he played so, who knows, maybe everyone is peed off with him and morale would be damaged if he walks straight back in...

The players that let their lad waltz through us for their second cost us not Mills. Better game management would have seen us bag all three regardless of whether Mills was sent off or not. The sending off didn't help but I doubt whether any of the players begrudged Mills going in a bit firm considering some of the scythes he's taken recently.

I've got a feeling forte will be on the bench again with poleon and wilkinson up front with philliskirk behind him. Brown will probably drop to the bench unfortunately!

I'd personally play

Kean

Brown

Wilson

Elokobi

Mills

Winchester

Kelly

Jones

Mellis (against his former club with a point to prove)

Forte

Wilkinson