FULL TIME! OLDHAM 2 SWINDON 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That has to go down as one of our best wins in recent times.

We've shown we can beat the top sides.

One thing we must ensure now though is to not :censored: it up on Saturday by failing to beat Colchester - that would be typical of Latics.

Win on Saturday and Orient will be a belting day out.

great result, dumping as much as i can on colchester getting at least a point sat though. just like us to mess that up. need to really go at them saturday especially as they have been battered at brammall lane tonight so i really want to see us put in a great first half and get on top early against them

and only two sides can go above us with game(s) in hand - Sheff U and Dale

And Bradford...so 3 teams could push us to 8th but still in reach and that's assuming they win their games in hand....still a long way to go! We just need to concentrate on our own form and go on another unbeaten run!

The 2nd half was torture, Swindon are a top side they played some lovely football it has to be said aided by our inability to hang onto the ball. A wonderful 3 points though, Big George and J. Wilson were immense. Thought Kean should have done better for the goal.

Well done Latics fans, really got behind the team all round the ground. Hope Wilko is fit for Saturday he really looked good tonight in the short time he was on, I don't suppose LJ envisaged giving Murphy that much game time tonight and it would be hard to be critical of him as he is just getting match fit. Roll on Saturday, heady days indeed.

I bloody hate going 2,nil up and hanging in there for about 60 mins plus.

I'm knackered so I don't know about the players, they defiantly hung in the here and fought for it. Our fitness levels must be good. Just concerned over the injuries and depth we have in the squad

Swindon were bloody good thought they deserved a point and I honestly thought they were going to get it when we let one in and their "dodgy" keeper pulled that point blank save off.

Well done everyone for getting behind the team, fantastic to hear around the ground. I don't know what the mobile lights going on in the second half was about but it s good to see from the RRE.

bloody brilliant....hope we can pull off at st.valentines day massacre on Saturday too

Whoop

Edited by underdog

How did Murphy actually play? Poor? Ok? I know he's not match fit like...

Poor I would say but far to early to judge as not match fit. He seemed to have good movement and on the shoulder or the defenders but we didn't release the ball quick enough at the time. Should have scored for me as well!