Was there something else behind Lee Johnson leaving?

In his interview for BBC Radio Sheffield, on BBC Sport, he says 'I still don't think people know the full story, but I wouldn't expect that anyway. It just a case of I'm here now. New club. New beginnings'

Did something happen behind the scenes that we haven't been informed of? Or am I just attempting to find a needle in a haystack as to why he left. It grinds at me, because he has said he was happy and that him moving to Barnsley would be down to the club only. (Mike Keegan article for the DM)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said in his pre match interview at Barnsley that there were things he couldn't talk about. When he writes his book it will all come out, but so far he hasn't enough for a pamphlet. I think he was frustrated here because he just couldn't quite afford to bring in the players he knew he could get for a bit more cash. He got a lot of stick today which I don't think was warranted.

He got a lot of stick today which I don't think was warranted.

I do, I hope he is hurt by today.

Leaving fine.

What I wont forgive is him doing a 100 page document when he should have been preparing for our game at Orient. Me and 450 suckers paid upwards of £120 for the day to watch a load of :censored:e.

Without mentioning The Evans saga.

If there was a mystery reason for his exit he is PR savvy enough to have leaked it.

He hasn't, so I don't believe there is.

I also don't believe he left us better than he found us.

I believe he abandoned us - and left us in freefall in the same league in which we were in freefall when he arrived.

Personally, I would not jeer him. I'd rather ignore him.

However I'm perfectly content for others to make their feelings known by jeering him.

Goalkeepers, December, Chedgate, Colchester for a Fiver, L Orient, application forms, 100 day plans, a trip to Scunny (plus other stuff we don't even know about) would suggest that not everything had bee rosy in the LJ allotment for some time......

In his interview for BBC Radio Sheffield, on BBC Sport, he says 'I still don't think people know the full story, but I wouldn't expect that anyway. It just a case of I'm here now. New club. New beginnings'

Did something happen behind the scenes that we haven't been informed of? Or am I just attempting to find a needle in a haystack as to why he left. It grinds at me, because he has said he was happy and that him moving to Barnsley would be down to the club only. (Mike Keegan article for the DM)

Yeah he's a money grabbing :censored:.

Came out with all this #oneteamonedrean bollocks and :censored:ed off the first chance he got.

Joe Royle turned down Manchester City, a massive club and one he'd played for, because he felt some loyalty to the club that offered him his first managerial post.

He was, of course, a legend. Johnson will never hold the same status anywhere because if he's remotely successful he'll :censored: off to somewhere with a bigger pay cheque. Then somewhere he'll fail and moan like :censored: about not being given long enough.

Barnsley maybe.

A Baaarnsley perspective from their forum

Their New Prince ffs

"

Very impressed with him today. Lots of abuse from the home contingent. From our end it was evident that he was getting the worst kind of slagging. Also just read that there was stuff thrown at him. The guy never lost his composure and was dignified throughout. clearly he is our man now and the oafs fans are extremely bitter and twisted, but their reaction was rather extreme. A holes.

So wanted him to come over and applaud the superb away following at the end of the game but the fact that he didn't is testimony to the fact that the guy is a real class act. That was him paying respect to the club that gave him a chance and it was also an illustration of him rising above the sh1te being thrown at him by the moronic animals during the match. Lots of bad feeling at boundary park but our new prince showed his class.

In my opinion pat made the right decision. We have a bright and good thinking footballing man at the helm now. A great appointment. "

Edited by LaticsPete

I assumed he was subtly suggesting that we allowed/wanted him to go for the money (which probably isn't that far away from the truth). Either way, it's the 100 day :censored: and the (rumoured) multiple job applications that have pissed people off as much as him leaving. Bridges burned regardless for me.

The rumour that I've heard is that it was down to an unfortunate incident at the directorial dog fighting ring in the boundary park basement.

LJ was all for it until one of the dogs nearly bit him and he got cold feet.

Allegedly.

Of course we'll never know the full story.

Their New Prince ffs

"

Very impressed with him today. Lots of abuse from the home contingent. From our end it was evident that he was getting the worst kind of slagging. Also just read that there was stuff thrown at him. The guy never lost his composure and was dignified throughout. clearly he is our man now and the oafs fans are extremely bitter and twisted, but their reaction was rather extreme. A holes.

So wanted him to come over and applaud the superb away following at the end of the game but the fact that he didn't is testimony to the fact that the guy is a real class act. That was him paying respect to the club that gave him a chance and it was also an illustration of him rising above the sh1te being thrown at him by the moronic animals during the match. Lots of bad feeling at boundary park but our new prince showed his class.

In my opinion pat made the right decision. We have a bright and good thinking footballing man at the helm now. A great appointment. "

To misquote Mandy Rice-Davies (ask your Dad kids)

"Well they would say that, wouldn't they?"

Their New Prince ffs

"

Wait until he does the same with them and finds a 'better' club.

Their New Prince ffs

"

No he tried going to celebrate but the stewards (external company) stopped it from going on the pitch because they had seen the mob gather at the front. He walked down the tunnel 5 minutes earlier as well in the first half Edited by SavageTheBeast

I do, I hope he is hurt by today.

Leaving fine.

What I wont forgive is him doing a 100 page document when he should have been preparing for our game at Orient. Me and 450 suckers paid upwards of £120 for the day to watch a load of :censored:e.

Without mentioning The Evans saga.

He has dossiers on all teams. Wouldnt have taken much to turn his scouting reports on an opponent into 'a 100 page document' :censored:s sake