Players linked with us

Can't see Holt signing, posted a picture on in a Norwich coffee shop this morning and rumour has it that he has joined the Norwich training staff.

I thought we might have signed someone by now

i looked at a few Norwich posts last week and this was actually suggested.

Who does?

Serious question - what type of player should we be going for.

Some think we need old experienced heads (Holt and a few other names would fit that bill), others think that you need youth with enthusiasm and hunger (Palmer is a good recent example). I guess, the skill of the manager is to blend the two - in terms of up front we do lack an experienced head to help get thee most out of our other front players. The classic big man foil for our more poacher style of Poleon / Murphy would seem a plausible approach at this stage.

Cassidy (so far) has failed to deliver from what I have seen.

Don't think we'll be seeing anyone come in if i'm honest, scratching around on deadline day smacks of desperation, one short-term signing in almost 3 weeks doesn't suggest a concerted effort to keep us up. Think Sheridan's going to have to go with the dross we've already got and they've already cost two managers their jobs this season so good luck John.

Very quiet for deadline day, usually Matt Chambers has some inside info at this stage of proceedings, however, he knew nothing of the Gerrard deal until the last minute so perhaps deals have been done and the club are keeping them under the radar until late in the day.

Shez was adamant we'd have at least 3 players in before the deadline.....maybe our targets have been released from their clubs or we're looking at the loan market.

Edited by oafc1955

Don't think we'll be seeing anyone come in if i'm honest, scratching around on deadline day smacks of desperation, one short-term signing in almost 3 weeks doesn't suggest a concerted effort to keep us up. Think Sheridan's going to have to go with the dross we've already got and they've already cost two managers their jobs this season so good luck John.

I posted after the Millwall game that Corney would be thinking if he just changed the manager then the squad would be good enough to do the rest.

Who does?

Serious question - what type of player should we be going for.

Some think we need old experienced heads (Holt and a few other names would fit that bill), others think that you need youth with enthusiasm and hunger (Palmer is a good recent example). I guess, the skill of the manager is to blend the two - in terms of up front we do lack an experienced head to help get thee most out of our other front players. The classic big man foil for our more poacher style of Poleon / Murphy would seem a plausible approach at this stage.

Cassidy (so far) has failed to deliver from what I have seen.

Poleon couldn't poach a :censored:ing egg

I posted after the Millwall game that Corney would be thinking if he just changed the manager then the squad would be good enough to do the rest.

If he genuinely thinks that then he's deluded. Makes you wonder what Sheridan was told when he got the job though, probably along the lines of 'don't worry if we go down Shez, your a legend here, no one will blame you.'

If he genuinely thinks that then he's deluded. Makes you wonder what Sheridan was told when he got the job though, probably along the lines of 'don't worry if we go down Shez, your a legend here, no one will blame you.'

So not only do you now have a high opinion of Corney, you think Shez is a muppet?

The transfer window has not shut. Loan players become available. PLayers cahnge their minds too.

You're getting far too excited too soon. I think you've spent the Tarky money before it is in the bank.

We've signed Gerrard, Palmer may yet be extended.

Dummigan is now to the end of eason, and Lafferty as long as is possible.

I think Gordon on Latics Player was wrong to hint at a Big Name signing, it can all fall through for any reason. Look at Jordan Rhodes.

Edited by singe

That would fit the big name that Gordon allluded to in my opinion. More the big, than the name. But we'd know what we are getting.

Marc - Antoine Fortune linked with us is also a big name, it is on a Latics replica shirt anyway. :)

Edited by BP1960