Players linked with us

Can't see us paying much for a 27 year old. 6 months left on his contract.

Apparently Gills are in for him too, so can't see us getting him.

They say he plays next to a defensive midfielder and drives the side forward.

Edited by NewBlue

That's a shame. Hope we don't sign him, only good enough for bolton cause they can't get anyone else. He was woeful when in the prem, newcastle fans couldn't stand him. Would rather stick with what we've got.

I wouldn't stick with what we have got.

Edited by BP1960

Newcastle fans liked him the odd time he came up with a crucial goal or one against sunderland. Then hated him again 3 games later when they realised he's still crap. Only my opinion but, i don't think he's what we need. Grant holt with murphy playing off him would be ideal though.

What does Holt do that Ameobi doesn't?

What does Holt do that Ameobi doesn't?

Battler. He's done it at this level and worked his way up. He wouldn't carry on playing if he didn't think he could offer anything. Not sure on ameobi, just doesn't strike me as the type who will be up for a relegation battle and lead us out of it. Bolton fans don't seem to mind him, but i think thats largely due to the fact he said he'd play for nothing.

We have a goal scorer already.

We need a handful who will put chances on a plate.

By sounds of it, we should have scored more at shrewsbury. Poleon/cassidy are really struggling for any sort of form. We should have at least got a point against bury as well. At home to bury we lacked someone who'd get into the box and put it away. We've been putting decent crosses in, we need someone to finish them.