Players and New Manager

Guest Stanley30

Maybe the club are acting on this information I hope one of them is a young Oldham lad that plays at Liverpool wouldn't mind getting him in

Ryan Kent? They seem to protect their better crop of youngsters and keep them playing in the Under 21s league - Rochdale tried loaning him but got dismissed.

Whether protecting them is any good for future development we'll never know!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the club are acting on this information I hope one of them is a young Oldham lad that plays at Liverpool wouldn't mind getting him in

They may well be acting on the information, but DK has not even acknowledged my letter, this is poor customer relations in my opinion when I thought he would be grateful for some experienced input.

I wont accept he hasnt the time to reply as in this day an age a simple email of thanks wouldnt be too difficult.

They may well be acting on the information, but DK has not even acknowledged my letter, this is poor customer relations in my opinion when I thought he would be grateful for some experienced input.

I wont accept he hasnt the time to reply as in this day an age a simple email of thanks wouldnt be too difficult.

Do you need a reply? really?

if so what for? so you can post on here that you played a part?

I dont mean any disrespect I honestly dont but maybe they dont want your input. May be they read the message board and dont agree with some of your opinions on football. Maybe they have their own people who they would rather listen to or maybe the players mentioned have already been approached.

or maybe whether you accept it or not he is very busy as hasnt got time to reply to every email a fans sends (expereinced or not)

Do you have any uefa coaching badges BP? If not then you might not be upto scratch in the eyes of all these ultra qualified managers that are in the game these days.

I had a very good job outside football for almost 40 years job so my scouting wasn't full time, the fact is I was on personal terms with many well known managers, coaches and chief scouts who valued my experience.

From what I've seen most scouts are part time and hold no badges.

My best time though was in the lower divisions where the grand man Jimmy Sirrel would often call me to check out players.

Yea for common courtesy and good customer relations IMHO

if you want customer relations then the team manager is not the man to speak to really is it?

Send the list to the customer relations department who can forward the info to the manager and send an appropriate response

Do you need a reply? really?

if so what for? so you can post on here that you played a part?

I dont mean any disrespect I honestly dont but maybe they dont want your input. May be they read the message board and dont agree with some of your opinions on football. Maybe they have their own people who they would rather listen to or maybe the players mentioned have already been approached.

or maybe whether you accept it or not he is very busy as hasnt got time to reply to every email a fans sends (expereinced or not)

Of course I expect a reply, I put a lot of time and effort into the recommendations and outlined my credentials to him.

I won't have it he is too busy at all, it's common courtesy to acknowledge recommendations( whether he agrees with them or not) - especially if trying to make an impression in your first major job.

If the club does read this (which I doubt they will) maybe a message will be conveyed to him.

Having said that, like all of us hope he brings success to the club whoever he signs.

if you want customer relations then the team manager is not the man to speak to really is it?

Send the list to the customer relations department who can forward the info to the manager and send an appropriate response

He asked to meet the fans (where he received my communication), are you saying that was just a public exercise for show?

Isn't it more likely that this would fall into the lap of Jim Harvey who is dealing with talent ID and scouting, rather than the manager? At this stage, he might not have even been at the club yet - let alone looked at an in-tray.

(Needless to say that any players outside of those that they've already identified as possible targets would be impossible to follow up for a while unless they're scouting them on the party strips in Magaluf)

Isn't it more likely that this would fall into the lap of Jim Harvey who is dealing with talent ID and scouting, rather than the manager? At this stage, he might not have even been at the club yet - let alone looked at an in-tray.

(Needless to say that any players outside of those that they've already identified as possible targets would be impossible to follow up for a while unless they're scouting them on the party strips in Magaluf)

That is a point. I agree he should give the courtesy of reply. But as he officially does not start until 1st July, he can't really reply on headed paper or officially repoond, can he?

I am sorry to repeat this, but it's a mere acknowledgement I expected. Jim Harvey wasn't at the club at the time, if so I would have directed it to him.

Please get over yourself BP1960. You're a nobody like the rest of us!

Anybody can watch a few youth team games and right about a few players.

I can't actually believe you EXPECTED a reply from our team manager thanking you for sending an email telling him to look at a few players?! He probably thought it was a piss take!

All I want to see this year is goals and excitement, anything else is a bonus. I love match days especially away days but the football is increasingly becoming the distraction away from a monumental pissup. I'm excited about the new stand and the match day experience that goes with it but if the season reverts to type like it has since the second half of 2008/09 I've told myself from 2016/17 I'll pick and choose home games. The game has become increasingly sanitised by identikit coaches I hope Kelly isn't another one of those....if he is that'll be it for me in terms of committing year on year to a ST.

Call me old fashioned, I'm a bit bothered about points and not being relegated.

I can't actually believe you EXPECTED a reply from our team manager thanking you for sending an email telling him to look at a few players?! He probably thought it was a piss take!

A truly awful comment.

Edited by BP1960

A true one though. What makes you think you warrant a response any more than the rest of us? I wouldn't expect a reply if I emailed the manager of my football club.

For your information the club did offer me a scouting job last season, which I had to decline for personal reasons.

I have worked in the past for Brian Clough, Peter Taylor, Gordon Strachan, Ian Storey Moore, Alan Durban, Jimmy Sirrel and many other managers.

Edited by BP1960

For your information the club did offer me a scouting job last season, which I had to decline for personal reasons.

So? Why do you feel like you have to prove to everyone that you have more knowledge of the game than us, when you don't?

Anyone can scout.

Bit unnecessary that isn’t it you might not agree with BP1960 I don't always but all he is asking for is a bit of common courtesy, we’ve no reason to doubt he has had involvement in the professional game and he certainly isn't always wrong.

It did Zorro, that coach has now left the club.

Is this why you appeared to have an agenda with certain former said coach last year, and if Kelly doesn't respond after every defeat or draw are we going to be treated to you telling us how we didn't used to do that in t'old days