Players and New Manager

Guest Stanley30

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no one taking my bet????????????????

We are 25/1 to be bottom on the 1st of september with Skybet why don't you shove your £50 on that if your that confident.

We are also 6/1 to be relegated :shifty:

We are also 8/1 to be promoted :omg:

Edited by GlossopLatic

Even if the manager is shown to be utterly clueless and totally out of his depth?

At a stretch if we have lost every game by at least 4-0 then I could see end of Oct.

But even if we are bottom, i am sure he won't go then.

I have a bad feeling about the manager and a good one for the new stand. Think the latter will be more ready for the new season than the former...

Could easily be revised with a few good signings - Max Power is yet to find a club - but I do suspect there is an element of naivety in Kelly's dealings. The fact he touted Watmore's name about when it was quite obvious he's out of our reach didn't fill me with confidence.

Too early to judge yet though.

I think he was asked about Watmore and said he liked him but thought he should be starting for Sunderland. I think he knew he was out of our reach.

I'm sure I've read he was targeting him, and convinced I remember him saying 'watch this space' when Watmore was mentioned.

Matt Chambers in the Chron referring to Mark Crossley saying Oldham would lose star players like Liam Kelly. " But Oldham manager Darren Kelly responded: “There’s nothing in it. I am aware of nothing like that.

“I don’t know what Mark is referring to.”

twitter: @Matt_Chambers_

This will be a litle indicator to me. If Kelly does go, then DK Could be seen as out of touch with his players and perhaps they have not bought into the new manager. it was rather a bold statement, considering there is plenty of time for him to decide to leave yet. Of course, he may not have decided even himself.

If he does stay then it augers well for an honest approach.

Matt Chambers in the Chron referring to Mark Crossley saying Oldham would lose star players like Liam Kelly. " But Oldham manager Darren Kelly responded: “There’s nothing in it. I am aware of nothing like that.

This will be a litle indicator to me. If Kelly does go, then DK Could be seen as out of touch with his players and perhaps they have not bought into the new manager. it was rather a bold statement, considering there is plenty of time for him to decide to leave yet. Of course, he may not have decided even himself.

Maybe Crossley is simply aware that Johnson wants one or more of our players which would be no surprise to anybody but doesn't necessarily mean he'll get him/them....

Do people really expect Liam Kelly to be here come the end of the transfer window :laught30:

I can't see it, and I can't see how any judgement could be made on DK because of this either. Liam Kelly's mind was probably made up the second his mate LJ left. If we were suddenly taken over by a billionaire I imagine that might sway him but I doubt there's much DK could do.

Maybe Crossley is simply aware that Johnson wants one or more of our players which would be no surprise to anybody but doesn't necessarily mean he'll get him/them....

I see what you are sayng, but Mark Crossley is quoted as definitely losing him, straight off the Boro website. My point being that Dk would have more sensible to be a bit neutral rather than categoric, as it leaves him uncovered a little.

Edited by singe

Do people really expect Liam Kelly to be here come the end of the transfer window :laught30:

I can't see it, and I can't see how any judgement could be made on DK because of this either. Liam Kelly's mind was probably made up the second his mate LJ left. If we were suddenly taken over by a billionaire I imagine that might sway him but I doubt there's much DK could do.

Me, I expect him to be here come September.

I'd be stunned - its only a matter of time till Barnsley put a bid in, hope I'm wrong like

5 million the loyalty preaching but not observing one said he was worth didn't he. If he wants to put a cheeky starting bid of 2.5 in we'll let him know.

makes me laugh people have sacked him before pre season has even started. give the lad a chance!!

Know ones writing him off just expressing a feeling of uncertainty...hopefully to be proven wrong

The reality is Darren Kelly will be given less time than his predaccesaors if he underperforms...