Players and New Manager

Guest Stanley30

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a hunch I do want him to do well of course I do and I will support him and the team just have a bad feeling.

But hey what do I know

Think people are getting a bit restless because it has been a quiet summer so far and it feels like he has been in the job for ages - Johnson had the advantage of being straight into games so there wasn't time to question his capabilities.

Let's be really honest....

If he doesn't start well he is :censored:ed!

Fans didn't\dont want him as they don't know who he is.

He hasn't bought enough players and fans are getting restless already before a ball is kicked talking about giving him 10 games.

And we have a 5 page thread full of pissed of fans because he doesn't know how to email.

He is going to have to do well to win over a large amount of our fans. He is on a hiding to nothing!

1 fan is really pissed off because he didn't send an email, many sympathise but it won't be much in the great scheme of things. There will be some who haven't forgotten the hobby horse they rode a couple of months ago, hope results stop that raising it's head.

If l was him, l would want 99% of my first team squad, both existing and hoped for, in place and standing on the training field on day one of pre season. I would want the absolute maximum amount of time with my squad to get my ideas and playing system in place. He doesn't want to have to spend the first half dozen games of the season tinkering with systems and personnel.

I too think he has to get off, not necessarily to a flyer, but at the least to a very solid start.

People complaining about a lack of transfer activity...every summer we bitch and moan about a squad overhaul, needing time to gel and all that.

We have a solid & as proven at times last year a very competitive squad already, we only need a few minor tweaks here & there to get us higher up, providing we don't sell all our best players in the next few weeks!

He has to start on absolute fire or it will be worse than penney.

It'd be awful wouldn't it.

This is the best existing squad we've gone into a new season with for many a year (or will hopefully go into the new season with).

Which heaps even more pressure on him, rightly or wrongly.

Previous first time managers in Dickov & Johnson got some rope because they'd done, or needed to do, a complete overhaul, start from scratch etc... They were tasked with building something from nothing and, as a result, even fans who moaned at their appointments gave them time. Lots of smooth talking all summer long helped too.

Kelly doesn't fall into the same bracket as appointing those two because he's largely got to get existing players onside as opposed to filling the squad up with his own men as is predecessors were able/had to do.

What if the players don't buy into him & think he's a knob? We know what a load of old women they can be nowadays....

I still think this was the time to get an older, proven manager in who'd have commanded instant respect.

Or even a first timer well known and well respected as a player - like a Kevin Phillips (I'm not saying we could've got him, but that type) - who even the senior players would look up to and want to learn from.

I hope I've got it all completely wrong and I'll be ecstatic if I have.

will he balls. A disastrous start and he won't reach the end of October.

My biggest fear is that we tread water in mid table until February or March and then it all goes tits up again as usual....

If he's going to fail doing so in disastrous fashion from the off will be in everyone's best interests :lol:

Edited by HarryBosch

By Xmas we will all be saying - What a brilliant manager we have got here.

A couple of smart signings to add to the squad and we will be in the top 6 until January then strengthen in the transfer window to kick on for a top 2 place.

New stand full to bursting and a trip to Wembley for the JPT.

Job done , great season !!!

will he balls. A disastrous start and he won't reach the end of October.

i am willing to bet a tenner that even bottom of the table by Oct and the club won't bale. The owners, then owner have never pulled the plug that early. Granted they have ended it earlier, eg with Moore but never knee jereked like Leeds.

Edited by singe

The major difference with LJ as a newcomer and DK is 2fold:

1) LJ kept us up before the close of his first season so had some positive momentum going into his first summer

2) LJ did a lot of press and media talking keeping the fans spirit and confidence in what he was doing. He was basically talking the talk before he could walk the walk which suggested to fans he was working hard. Although many fans now looking back hate how PR/Wanky he was it worked and got us on his band waggon before the season had started.

Darren Kelly is taking a very different approach and is suggesting he wants his results to do the talking...all well and good and what a lot of fans now want after a lot of talk from LJ....the problem with it is if the results don't come he has absolutely jack :censored: to fall back on and will be hounded out pronto

Now the fixtures are out does anyone want to have a little bet for playershare....?

I do not believe we will have 7 or more points from the first 5 games anyone think we will have 7+ points out of 15?

£50?

No. I can't really afford to be chucking down £50 bets. Plus, I agree with you.