Pre Season Trialists 2015

what makes him think he'll see more first team football here? If he's not good enough to get it at a league 2 team having not produced consistently enough, then he's not going to walk into our first team where we're not exactly short of attacking midfield options?

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what makes him think he'll see more first team football here? If he's not good enough to get it at a league 2 team having not produced consistently enough, then he's not going to walk into our first team where we're not exactly short of attacking midfield options?

Couple of Exeter fans on Twitter...

@ExiledGrecian @grecian_daz Good for him, Been wasted at City

@ExiledGrecian doesn't surprise me that he's got a shot at League 1

Wow, can't say I saw him moving up a level!

To give Keohane credit he's fairly talented with the ball at his feet and he links play very well between midfield and attack. However...

He's purely an attacking midfielder (in the hole) and nothing else, which is a luxury position at the best of times.

He's small and lightweight.

He's a liability defensively, even in such an attacking position.

He's a similar player to JP Kissock. I doubt he'll make it past a trial.

Matt Smith wasn't good enough to get into our team on a regular basis. look where he is now.

I see one of the players from non league I suggested DK look at, David Morgan of Ilkeston, is on trial at Notts County, not sure what will come of it as they played him at centre back, when to my mind he's an attacking midfielder.

Another recommendation, the towering young centre back of Fulham, Cameron Burgess, is in the first team on their German tour, so I guess we can rule him out.

Giorgio Rasulo, the talented MK Dons youth midfielder was also on the list I sent him. I notice he's appeared in their first team pre season friendlies, still one to keep an eye on IMO.

Of the other two in the letter Luke James has gone to Bradford City on loan (probably out of our wage range anyway) and Duncan Watmore is still at Sunderland

Edited by BP1960

Weren't people saying the same things when we signed James Wilson? Similar age, similar pedigree - Josh Thompson was highly regarded at such a young age when playing league football, you could say his career hasn't started yet and I'm not excited by the chances of signing him.... but don't write him off yet.

Weren't people saying the same things when we signed James Wilson? Similar age, similar pedigree - Josh Thompson was highly regarded at such a young age when playing league football, you could say his career hasn't started yet and I'm not excited by the chances of signing him.... but don't write him off yet.

Similar pedigree? Wilson was released by one of the big spending teams in our division, not a team recently relegated to the conference.

Similar pedigree? Wilson was released by one of the big spending teams in our division, not a team recently relegated to the conference.

Alternatively, no former European Champions have ever paid quarter of a million for Wilson, they have for Thompson.