Halifax (A) & Carlisle (A) bring our 'friendlies' to a close.....

With the new players and loanees coming in and all the chopping and changing in pre season its a fair bet that the 11 who start at Walsall may not even have played together before......I'm not unduly worried at this stage but we have to hit the ground running at Walsall.

We still need a calming influence in this team, someone who can put their foot on the ball and create an opening,

I reckon Dunn will be starting in the team sooner than he imagined and for me I think there's a fair chance he could even be on the bench as early as next Saturday!

Edited by oafc1955

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the new players and loanees coming in and all the chopping and changing in pre season its a fair bet that the 11 who start at Walsall may not even have played together before......I'm not unduly worried at this stage but we have to hit the ground running at Walsall.

We still need a calming influence in this team, someone who can put their foot on the ball and create an opening,

I reckon Dunn will be starting in the team sooner than he imagined and for me I think there's a fair chance he could even be on the bench as early as next Saturday!

Dunn might be picking the team soon!!

I'm pretty sure every preseason we have loads of trialists playing that we never go on to sign so I don't see why this one is any different under DK. I'm also pretty sure we rarely have our best team in place when the season starts, so again no different to usual. Finally I'm pretty sure we've had some decent preseason results in the past and gone on to be :censored:. Really worthless to speculate at the moment. Let's see what's happening in a few months time before worrying

I get that people like to remain optimistic and not judge too much before a competitive ball is even kicked however...I fail to see how anything but good pre season performances and positive results are what you want to see especially against lower ranked opposition. Even DK said he wanted positive results to increase confidence into the start of the season. It's disappointing end of

I get that people like to remain optimistic and not judge too much before a competitive ball is even kicked however...I fail to see how anything but good pre season performances and positive results are what you want to see especially against lower ranked opposition. Even DK said he wanted positive results to increase confidence into the start of the season. It's disappointing end of

Im with you on that, I havent be able to get to the preseason games for one reason or another so im saving any serious judgement calls until I have seen it for myself, I have a few concerns but there seems to be a few glimmers off hope aswell.

The loss today is only a small part of the problem, they can happen in pre-season.

The issue is that he doesn't seem to have any kind of plan, where is the pace and fast, attacking football?

He said before he started he was a huge believer in 3 at the back, in most of the friendlies has played 4-2-3-1 and today switched to 4-3-3, quite confusing for the players I'd imagine.

The worst of his problems so far has obviously been at the back, he's had Gunning all pre-season and still hasn't made a decision. We don't seem to have been linked with anybody and bringing a couple of sub-par trialists in so late suggest he's panicking a bit.

Also, what was the point in bringing Hiwat in on trial if he didn't bother bringing him on today?

Edited by dec666

And Keohane is clearly not up to it but continues to steal minutes that would have benefited others...

Will be interested to hear DK's final assessment ahead of next Saturday. He has remained positive and somewhat philosophical throughout pre season...now comes the time where he and the team will be judged...For his sake I hope they get off to a steady start

Edited by Blue_Guru

Darren thinks we shouldn't look in to today's result at all...

He just answers without giving questions any thought...it really gets under my skin. I don't expect him to say anything other than that we shouldn't look into it but it just doesn't come across as genuine and kid answers are the knee jerk obvious answers

Let's hope he doesn't have to say the same things after a defeat at Walsall..........You could play any of his interviews after any of the pre season games and you wouldn't be able to tell which game he was talking about, he never praises individuals when asked and all his comments are about work ethic and being ready for Walsall.

He's not here to excel in public speaking so I'm not unduly worried just as long as we put in a good performance at the Bescot, however, if we start badly and are near the bottom after the first few games this guy will get absolutely slated.

I've not been to any pre season games as I think as far as entertainment goes they are a waste of time and money. I'm going to Walsall and looking forward to it but I haven't got a clue as to how we will perform.

We have a player coming in on Monday, let's hope it's a defender with bags of experience on permanent deal or season long loan as the last thing we need at this stage of proceedings is another bloody trialist!!

Let's hope he doesn't have to say the same things after a defeat at Walsall..........You could play any of his interviews after any of the pre season games and you wouldn't be able to tell which game he was talking about, he never praises individuals when asked and all his comments are about work ethic and being ready for Walsall.

He's not here to excel in public speaking so I'm not unduly worried just as long as we put in a good performance at the Bescot, however, if we start badly and are near the bottom after the first few games this guy will get absolutely slated.

I've not been to any pre season games as I think as far as entertainment goes they are a waste of time and money. I'm going to Walsall and looking forward to it but I haven't got a clue as to how we will perform.

We have a player coming in on Monday, let's hope it's a defender with bags of experience on permanent deal or season long loan as the last thing we need at this stage of proceedings is another bloody trialist!!

I hope it's not Gunning he's talking about coming in, because we already know about him. I'd much rather it was another defender.

Everyone talks about his lack of quality in interviews which begs the question, how did he impress sufficiently enough to warrant a job offer in the first place?

I seem to remember the 'blown away' phrase being used

It was when he told Corney he would work for free...

Just watched the highlights, all 3 goals are awful defending, but.. that last one I think it's Gunning at fault but can't tell from the camera - he just points at his player like it was someone else's fault with no one else in sight! Unbelievable

Just watched the highlights, all 3 goals are awful defending, but.. that last one I think it's Gunning at fault but can't tell from the camera - he just points at his player like it was someone else's fault with no one else in sight! Unbelievable

dreadful,dreadful.

Although the highlight quality looks decent :)

I noticed that too. Was the numpty who was pointing definitely Gunning?