Halifax (A) & Carlisle (A) bring our 'friendlies' to a close.....

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

commentary on now via Gordon's PAYG

Team TEAM NEWS: Coleman, B.Wilson, Josh Thompson, Frazer Kerr, Mills, Kelly, Winchester, Jones, Green, Forte, Turner.

Who Thompson and Kerr>

Kerr could be ex Motherwell centre half

Involved in moshni incident v rangers at the end of last season allegedly

Edited by stevesidg

1st half solid team and good football. George green class above..
Then the changes happened, the flow stopped Hiwatt was played at right striker?! Rhys murphy in centre mid conor brown at left back.. all strange and then Halifax took control.
We're lucky that you can only substitute 3 at a time in a league game

Hiwatt very fast, faster than forte. Jone looked impressive as per and Kelly looked solid. The brainless ultra section booed Jonathan Forte and he throughout his first half appearance didn't really offer much.
Rhys Turner looking very decent and took his goal well. Although we shouldn't be beating by just 1 goal.
Oh and Brian Wilson scored an absolute pearler.

Posted · Hidden by Ackey, July 29, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Ackey, July 29, 2015 - No reason given

1st half solid team and good football. George green class above..

Then the changes happened, the flow stopped Hiwatt was played at right striker?! Rhys murphy in centre mid conor brown at left back.. all strange and then Halifax took control.

We're lucky that you can only substitute 3 at a time in a league game

Hiwatt very fast, faster than forte. Jone looked impressive as per and Kelly looked solid. The brainless ultra section booed Jonathan Forte and he throughout his first half appearance didn't really offer much.

Rhys Turner looking very decent and took his goal well. Although we shouldn't be beating by just 1 goal.

Oh and Brian Wilson scored an absolute pearler.

Nobody booed Forte you prat!

Good first half with some slick passing from defence to attack.Brian Wilson hit a belter . Second half was not as good and it helped with lack of floodlights when they should have had a penalty when one of their players got fouled just inside the box .Good away support .We were in the home stand.Good ground,friendly enough fans and good catering.Credit to non league

Posted · Hidden by Ackey, July 29, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Ackey, July 29, 2015 - No reason given

They definately did you plonker.

What area was that from then? I was at the back of the first section as you go in and heard no player booed.

What area was that from then? I was at the back of the first section as you go in and heard no player booed.

Very early in the game, it stopped after about 10 mins. Not 100% where exactly but i was at the front right side, i was just thinking what a dickhead, and a few people where agreeing.

Forte was booed by a few knobs, but it happened.

Few handbags after the game. Some of the locals attacked a few older Oldham fans and ran off into a side street. Was a bit strange

I saw some of this but the fans in question walked down the hill from the away end so not sure that it was locals that attacked latics. Probably the same wankers that booed Forte.

Forte was booed by a few knobs, but it happened.

I saw some of this but the fans in question walked down the hill from the away end so not sure that it was locals that attacked latics. Probably the same wankers that booed Forte.

Definitely locals, they had Yorkshire accents. Dick heads

I know it might come across as a 'tongue in cheek' question, but after the last two fixtures drawing blanks against championship opposition, how many goals do you think we will get against these two lower league opponents......whilst due to the acknowledged lack of central defensive cover we are also worrying about how many we might concede?

Personally, I think these last two games should be treated as much more than just a fitness workout.

Time for the strikers to move up a couple of gears and genuinely earn competitive start/s, and for DK to settle a defence into a pattern which identities of our likely partnerships through the first few games to the 31 Aug deadline at least.

0-2 &

1-2

would be fair do's for me.

So...final pre-season friendly and the defence is still not settled.

I hope that we see as close to our league campaign starting eleven from the off - if Gunning is going to get that contract then he starts alongside Wilson at the back otherwise another chance for Kerr. Cassidy to get some game time at last?

Team options:

Coleman/Cornell

Brown/Wilson, Wilson, Gunning/Kerr, Mills/Truelove

Croft, Jones, Kelly/Dieng, Winchester/Green

Forte/Poleon, Turner/Cassidy/Murphy

and then there's a trialist or two

Let's hope DK is closer to a starting eleven than I am!

2-0 to Latics.

Edited by TheBigDog

So...final pre-season friendly and the defence is still not settled.

I hope that we see as close to our league campaign starting eleven from the off - if Gunning is going to get that contract then he starts alongside Wilson at the back otherwise another chance for Kerr. Cassidy to get some game time at last?

Team options:

Coleman/Cornell

Brown/Wilson, Wilson, Gunning/Kerr, Mills/Truelove

Croft, Jones, Kelly/Dieng, Winchester/Green

Forte/Poleon, Turner/Cassidy/Murphy

and then there's a trialist or two

Let's hope DK is closer to a starting eleven than I am!

2-0 to Latics.

You forgot Dunn, he might get a short run out.

Edited by BP1960