Darren Kelly - I've seen the light

It's just struck me that this is the first manager we've had in years whose opening gambit hasn't been "the players are all unfit"....

Dickov, Johnson, Penney, all of them as far back as we can remember, have always had a massive clearout from the off to buy themselves a free pass for their first season. Then done the same again for their second season. Or third, if they got one......

The Dazzler hasn't.

He's not :censored:ing about.

He's here aiming for instant managerial greatness rather than aiming to cobble together a load of readymade excuses to trawl out in 2018's interview for a higher paid job (despite the advice of Sports Careers, probably).

It's :censored: or bust for him from the off.

He's not a name like DIckov or Johnson. He's not got the media savvy of either of them.

Unless he does well here he'll probably never get another managerial position...

He's simply had to come in here and coach & manage a football team - nothing else.

It's the start of a road or the end of the road for him. Nothing inbetween.

We're going up OWTB. We're going up.

e5030726_zpsbf32dbcc.gif

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Barry finally discovered who Harry Bosch is and is now holding him hostage whilst he gives him a one-man press conference and hijacking his profile on here?

Gentleman....

And Lady

Things could be rotten for Hieronymus

Far too positive a post for Barry that!

Then again its a bit too positive for Harry...

Can't you tell it nearly kick off time.

Edited by palmer1

Has Barry finally discovered who Harry Bosch is and is now holding him hostage whilst he gives him a one-man press conference and hijacking his profile on here?

Gentleman....

And Lady

Things could be rotten for Hieronymus

After a summer's duly diligent stream of consciousness I'm merely sharing my final conclusions.......

(I may change my mind tomorrow)

I went and Kelly was a moron. I've returned and Kelly is suddenly a media-competent, come-and-have-a-go-if-you-think-you're-hard enough bloke embarking on his debut season in football management.

The tide is turning just before our first league fixture. A movement is building, the nay-sayers are converting, a mass will descend from the north to see the lads record an opening day victory.

Come on! COME ON!!

We've not scored 60 goals or finished in the top half since 2008/09.

I've only got one more :censored: season in me before my interest in going dies off completely.

Entertain me Daz. Entertain us all.

I said that in 1959 Mr Eyres.

Kelly talking about Walsall......

"On Saturday, we will have addressed and taken care of the issues of concern but its about us and how we do our jobs. If we are on key and on song, I have no doubt we will get the three points.

About time we went into a game with that sort of attitude from a manager........if we can start with a win it will boost the confidence of both the players and the fans. If we can get on a roll who knows what we can achieve.

Bring it on!!!!!

Edited by oafc1955