FT - Walsall 1 Oldham 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it wouldnt harm the situation if the chairman spoke to the press this week to clear up all these lingering rumours, which in the long run will benefit nobody. It may also be an opportunity to quell all rumours and dispell fears over the opening of the new stand, Simon is in town so lets put this to bed before it ruins another season.

This

For me it wouldnt harm the situation if the chairman spoke to the press this week to clear up all these lingering rumours, which in the long run will benefit nobody. It may also be an opportunity to quell all rumours and dispell fears over the opening of the new stand, Simon is in town so lets put this to bed before it ruins another season.

If the chairman were to speak to the press every time a rumour surfaced it would be a 24/7 thing. Ignore all the :censored:ty rumours, get on with the job in hand, and we will be fine.

Harkins, much as I love him wouldn't have had the work rate or stamina to do what Crofty did.

I'm not sure that position suits Croft.

He tended to drift out wide because he is a natural winger and his game is about crossing.

Perhaps these were instructions to help Brian Wilson, who's not very capable of getting forwards, in the knowledge that Mills does have that ability to attack.

However it put too much strain on Mills, and we struggled down his side at times.

Would prefer to play the formation we ended with - 4-5-1 - as Cassidy looked more than capable of leading the line himself but with Croft or Poleon on the right wing. Dunn or Winchester you would think would interchange depending on the former's fitness.

I honestly think that team, if the defence can improve at the rate they did throughout the game, is potentially top 6 quality.

Also it's worth crediting Kelly for his astuteness in adapting the team around. His substitutions changed the game for us.

Edited by NewBlue

Croft's best moments were definitely down the right, drifted inside the full back with ease a couple of times. Don't see much reason to play him centrally when we have plenty of options there.

Like I said, I've been a critic of Brian Wilson but I thought he was fine yesterday, he also got forward very well a couple of times.

Edited by dec666

Walsall fans have us down as a bang average team of League One bruisers.

The general theme on their board is that Walsall should be rolling over sides like us...

same :censored: that gets posted on here over the years when we don't beat someone. If fact some has already said the minimum we should have expected was a draw yesterday.

same :censored: that gets posted on here over the years when we don't beat someone. If fact some has already said the minimum we should have expected was a draw yesterday.

Just out of curiosity should we have expected defeat as a minimum then?

Edited by yarddog73

Just out of curiosity should we have expected defeat a a minimum then?

That's what I was thinking... the expecting a draw at a minimum is fair crack - I think we all expect a draw minimum against teams in and around us. The only point that Sinnott said is the 'not fit to lick oldham athletics ballsack' (or something like that) but it was said in Jest to be fair.

Just out of curiosity should we have expected defeat as a minimum then?

I was referring more to the w'e shoukd be beating team like Walsall' shtick that gets trotted out by every clubs fans on every board.

And considering the :censored: about Kelly and pre-season performances being so bad that's been posted how can any you expect anything other than defeat yesterday?

Walsall fans have us down as a bang average team of League One bruisers.

The general theme on their board is that Walsall should be rolling over sides like us...

It's funny they say that because our two subs would have been their best players.

I rate Walsall, they have some good players, Sawyers, Henry and Bradshaw all looked very able, but our team as individuals are miles better than theirs.

It started to tell that our midfield was another level to theirs after about 15 minutes, then we brought on David Dunn and Johnny Forte...

Edited by NewBlue

I was referring more to the w'e shoukd be beating team like Walsall' shtick that gets trotted out by every clubs fans on every board.

And considering the :censored: about Kelly and pre-season performances being so bad that's been posted how can any you expect anything other than defeat yesterday?

If we cant have some expectation at the first game I dont know when we can have it, pre season wasnt great but we have a very good squad of players, it was a shame yesterday before the game being in a minority of fans who actually think we can do something this season and I saw nothing yesterday to suggest anything different, you have to question the motives of a few who clearly are determined not to give this manager a chance, its a shame that these fans are craving failure.

I'd be more worries if the Mirror had a quoted source from the club. It'll be a recycled story taken from the MEN, which is owned, like the Mirror, by the Mirror Group.

It's like the Sun, Times and Sky, all owned by that :censored: Murdoch Whenever the Sun has an 'exclusive, as long as it merits placing in a 'quality' (for several years now its reputation has collapsed) paper i.e. not celebrity nonsense, the Times will carry the story and Sky will focus heavily.

Anyway, relatively pleased with the draw. I had to give up my ticket at the last minute so I did not attend. The reports sound pleasing. The strength we have from the bench will gain us 10-20 points this year.

Was very impressed with Cassidy yesterday, however I do think he needs a partner up there with him, not out wide. We wasted a fair few knock downs from him because nobody was close enough. I would also have brought poleon on, think pace would have been the key to getting by their 3 big centre backs. Overall very happy though, things are definitely looking positive and I can't wait for the next game!